• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 2,076 Views, 42 Comments

Twilight's Curiosity: War - Mr Anomalous



Twilight is curious, curious about something that had been banished away from Equestria long ago...

  • ...
9
 42
 2,076

The Traveling

The Traveling

The trio of ponies found themselves back in Celestia's quarters, where they all sat huddled in a corner.

Luna asked, "What is thy reason for bringing us, me, here?"

Celestia said, "Luna, dear sister, Twilight here has brought a question to me...war."

Luna's pupils shrunk and then she relaxed, with a sigh and said:

"We hath agreed that if any of thine students every inquired that subject, that it be I who took them on a...trip."
Twilight began to speak, "Why Luna? What trip? Are we time-traveling?"

Celestia answered, "Luna, because she had more knowledge on the subject, I am also ill, you are going somewhere, but no, not here, in any stage of time."
Twilight spoke yet again, saying, "Well, why not here? And where exactly are we going, specifically?"
Celestia chuckled, she had chosen well when it came to her prize student, she was quite curious.

"I would rather not behold what this beautiful land was like before harmony was integrated by my sister and I. No, instead, you and I are going to a different world, one completely separate from ours." Luna said.

Twilight's eyes widened in excitement, "We're traveling to an entire other dimension!?"

Luna glared and said, "Twilight Sparkle, what we are about to see is nothing to be excited about, in fact, we risk your very innocence and sanity, for we are going to a world completely destroyed by war and plague, conflict and starvation. We are going to a planet called Earth, and we are going to see a race called the 'Humans'."

Twilight was quite shocked. The Princess had raised her voice at her in anger, not in the "Royal Canterlot Voice." Of course, she was still excited about inter-dimensional travel, no matter how horrid these "Humans" sounded.

She began to ask if she should bring scrolls, to take notes, and both Princesses silenced her with a glare, and Celestia stated:

"Twilight Sparkle, we do not want any of knowledge of this race, this dimension, or of this science to survive anywhere but our memories, it is to corrupted. Do you recall what happened to Starswirl the Bearded?"

Twilight, disappointed yet again, answered:

"Didn't he disappear one day? Never to be seen or heard from again?"

Celestia answered, "Yes, you are correct. Starswirl the Bearded was the one who discovered the spell, worked the mathematics, and discovered the race. He decided to study them. But he was found, and the Humans, they took him to their laboratories. Ironic isn't it? He went to study the humans, but the humans ended up studying him. He eventually died from the many poisons that were injected into him."

Twilight was, once again, shocked. These humans didn't seem very friendly..she wasn't sure that she wanted to go through with this any more...

Celestia, noticing the concern on her prized pupil's face, said, "Of course, you don't have to do this...but, should you change your mind, I would have to erase your memories of this information ever reaching you."

Twilight Sparkle battled with herself for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, determination tightening up her face, Twilight made her decision.

"I want to do it. I want to see, and to learn. I want to experience this first-hoof."

The two Princesses looked down at Twilight, and Luna spoke, saying, "Come here then, Twilight Sparkle, and let our journey begin."

Twilight cautiously trotted over to the Princess of the Night, who reached over with a wing and pulled her in close to her side, and Luna's horn began to glow. Celestia looked into Twilight's eyes, sympathetically and said, "i wish that this had never happened..."
Twilight was about to respond when Celestia Disappeared. So did her bedroom, and so did all of her surroundings. It was only black. Twilight tried to use her magic to light up the area, when Luna said, "No Twilight, thou doest not want to do that."

"Why not?"

"if any magic but mine own is used here, we will disintegrate from pure force."

Twilight gulped. She knew her physics, that meant that they were going fast, but she felt no sense of moving, and saw nothing.

"Do not move much, either..." Luna said.
Suddenly, the world lit up, but only slightly, and only in one area. Twilight noticed that there was fog gently rolling through this gap, and saw that it was a hole punched through a concrete wall, with a few jagged rods of steel protruding from the sides.

"We are here."