• Published 14th Jan 2012
  • 1,390 Views, 5 Comments

Mommy's Twisted Love - Shadowflare3126



Opalescence has always loved her Mama for as long as she remember. But when she suddenly starts to behave strangely, she begins to worry abo

  • ...
5
 5
 1,390

Chapter 1: Pinkamena Opalescence

Mommy’s Heartbeat: Pinkamina Opalescence
By Brucelee41126

Please Note: This is merely to count as an entry for a contest that was held by Lil' Miss Jay at the time of creation of this fanfic. It is the reason why this fanfic skips out on possibly great depth and detail (Though I'm kinda sure I broke the rules kind of...HOPING single lines aren't "paragraphs"). I'll edit this up with details after the contest is over.

Please enjoy this writing for merely a source of entertainment, nothing more.


It seems so long ago that I used to be an ordinary pet. Even though it has only been a couple of months, I’ve almost forgotten how to move like I used to, how to really communicate, or even remember what's really right or wrong. It feels so distant, remembering my days of lazing about as an average house pet. It's mostly a blur except for a couple of days. Then again, I can’t really move that well at all. I can't talk, eat, or sleep either. All I can do is just watch the world around me, be a good girl and wait for Mommy to come play with me. But as I said, it wasn't always like this.

You see, I used to be a pet. A cat, if I recall. I was not a very “friendly” cat, however. I hated it when I had to take a bath. And I absolutely abhorred being dragged into my Mommy’s little sister’s antics. She was simply dreadful, always coming into the boutique covered in filth. UGH! She was absolutely awful to endure being hugged by, dirtying my well-kept fur. That aside, I hated a lot of things, and always acted spoiled to both my Mama and her sister. I did try to help, of course. I always critiqued Mama’s dresses for her job. She and I had a great sense of fashion. We understood what was fabulous and what was simply tacky and didn't work. It’s the reason I accepted her to begin with.

I remember that one day, Mama started staying home all the time suddenly, never leaving the house for anything, and making her little sister go out and grab food instead of her usually. I remember feeling worried and annoyed about this. I was worried, because Mama used to go out all the time, visiting friends, and getting freshened up to smell like fresh flowers when she returned. I liked when she did that. She seemed so...pretty when she did. She seemed so happy too, making me feel blissful as well. She loved to stay in as good condition as possible. But now,she simply walked around in a paranoid panic, rarely eating and never wanting to talk to anyone aside from Sweetie at times.

Then, as time went by, I grew irritated, with to her constant bickering about some “Pinkie Pie”. She would keep looking out the window, muttering something about “Pinkie not being the same” and “never wanting her to be found by that maniac.” She always ignored me, only staying in her delusions and paranoia. She never played with me, never spoke to me, and never brushed me like she always would. I started to hate her for it. I wanted my attention. I wanted my love, and I damned her for it.

One night, it was raining really badly, and thunder kept crashing about the house. I hated thunderstorms. I never liked loud noises it. It didn’t help that Rarity was still talking to herself about this “Pinkie Pie” again, curled up in her bed and shaking when it wasn’t cold. I’d had enough. I wanted my old owner back. I wanted to go back to the good times when she would say she loved me. Back to the times she always took care of me at the first notice that I was upset. I wanted Mama back.

Without thinking, I started yelling and yowling at her, begging her to snap out of it. She stopped murmuring to herself, looking up from her hooves to look at me, surprised. She blinked, stunned at how I was behaving. I was normally quiet, unless I was hungry or something was really wrong. She kept asking me what was wrong with me, but she knew what the problem was. I just wanted Mama Rarity back, and her out, simple as that. She started trying to shoo me away, growing more irritated. “Go away, Mommy’s feeling well.” She kept saying, pushing me away lightly and smiling the same way Mommy always did when she was worried about something.

….I didn’t like it.

It wasn’t her smile. She was a faker, a liar. She wasn’t the same Mommy that always hugged me tightly when she came finished her work. She wasn't the same Mommy that always asked for my opinion on her dresses. SHE WASN’T THE MOMMY I LOVED!

I leapt onto her face, swiping at her face with all my might. I was hoping to tear away the mask she was wearing, reveal the real pony behind my Mama’s face. She just screamed, grabbing me with the magic of her horn, and threw me across the bedroom. I remember hitting the wall, something poking into my head, hearing a loud crack, the back of my head feeling warm and gooey, and then the world growing dark. I didn’t like the sensation. I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t move at all. All I could see was…darkness. I felt so alone. So…empty. My heart just stopped in pure sorrow. I could feel the crater where my heart used to beat.
...
...Nothing happened for such a long time. I don't even recall myself trying to keep track of just how long as I was there. It's not like I cared anyway. I was too torn apart my mama disappearing and leaving me with that faking mare, and letting me DIE. I just wanted my Mama back. I wanted to be held and told it was going to be okay. I wished I could tell Mommy just how much I loved her.

“Mommy’s so sorry, Opal...”

I heard Mama calling to me, and the sensation of my chest being closed up.

“Mommy didn’t mean to hurt you so much. But we’ll be together forever now…Pinkamina.”