• Published 14th Jan 2012
  • 2,429 Views, 21 Comments

The Appleshy Chronicles - Flutterbrony



Just an Appleshy fanfic, one of my favourite pairs. If I say anything more, it'll be ruined. D:

  • ...
2
 21
 2,429

Chapter two: First Date

*A/N: This chapter is a bit shorter than the first, but it’s new episode day! I just had to get this chapter done before watching it, it’s like my reward. :D I also want to thank everybrony for the positive feedback I received on the first chapter, it means a lot to me. Without further ado, The Appleshy Chronicles, chapter two. Enjoy.*

Granny Smith looked up, she seemed to have been shaken out of her normal state of being in her own little world. A confused-looking Applebloom and a normal-looking Big Macintosh found their way to the kitchen and made a semi-circle facing the ponies that called for their attention. One of Granny Smith’s confused ‘Whaa?’s’ let Applejack know that now everypony was really with her.

“Well AJ,” queried Big Mac, “Whatchya need to talk ta us ‘bout?”

“Yeah,” chimed in Applebloom. “why are we all here? Is it a secret?!”

“Uhh,” laughed Applejack. “Sort of, lil’ sis.”

“Well a’intcha gonna tell us?” the young filly asked.

Applejack looked at Fluttershy who gave her a nod, “Well… ya see… Fluttershy and I here have been, uh… ‘seein’ each other’ for a while now, an’ –“

“Yer a fillyfooler!?” asked Applebloom, rather enthuasticlly.

“Well yes, Applebloom. Ah am,” Applejack answered, trying to keep the fear out of her voice. She looked over to Big Macintosh, then over to Granny Smith. “Well? What are ya’lls thoughts?”

“Well what, AJ?” answered the red stallion. “We’re yer family, an’ who ya love a’int for us to decide.”

“Applejack, dear. Ah don’t know what brought this on, but we support ya two. Though Ah don’t condone it, Ah don’t condemn it either. Ah a’int one o’ those one-track minded old mares.” Added Granny Smith, who was shocked but not disappointed.

Applejack was relieved that that went so well. Standing beside her was a smiling Fluttershy who leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek, resulting in a red Applejack. Applebloom was thoroughly confused, did this mean she was going to grow up like her sister? She was tempted to ask, but she was a smart pony; and now didn’t seem like the time. But she was going to ask her sooner rather than later, because Applebloom didn’t know if she could be in love with another mare. It just didn’t seem right to her. Although it made her happy to see her sister happy, she didn’t understand.

“Ah wanna thank ya fer bein’ so understandin’, everypony,” said Applejack. “Ah was nervous o’ what ya’ll would think. But now Ah know that Ah have the best friends, and the best family in all of Equestria.”

Granny Smith smiled, “We’re just happy yer happy, Applejack.”

“Well, Granny, that’s mighty nice o’ ya. Ah think Ah’m gonna spend t’night at Fluttershy’s house though. Ah promise ta be back before chores” Nopony objected, so Applejack decided to take her leave. “C’mon, sugarcube.”

Fluttershy followed closely behind Applejack until they got outside. “Applejack! I’m so proud of you!” she gave Applejack a congratulatory kiss on the lips. “But now what are we going to do? I didn’t expect you to be coming home with me tonight.”

“Well, Ah kinda thought we could start doin’ what normal couples do. Ah wanted ta take ya out to dinner.”

“Oh, Applejack! I’d love to go out for dinner with you!” She hugged Applejack, it was nice to finally do it without the fear of being caught and questioned by somepony. “But where will we go? I know you don’t like fancy, but anywhere is okay as long as it’s with you, Applejack.”

The mare smiled, “Y’know, Fluttershy. Fer you, Ah’d go anywhere. What say we take a walk an’ see where our instincts take us?”

Fluttershy squeaked. She was finally going on the date she’d wanted with Applejack for a lot longer than the mere month they’ve been dating. Walking through the streets of Ponyville together, Applejack could feel eyes on her and Fluttershy. To her though, it didn’t matter. Fluttershy made the farm pony happy, and with the blessings of her friends and family she didn’t need approval from anypony else! As the couple passed a quiet little restaurant, Fluttershy suggested they eat there.

“Now, sugarcube. Are you jus’ suggestin’ we eat here ‘cause Ah don’ like fancy places?” asked Applejack.

“No, of course not. I was just thinking that it’s getting late, and it might be harder to find something that’s open. Besides, it looks nice here.” Fluttershy said with a smile, “I mean… we could go somewhere else, it’s up to you.”

“Ah’ll have none of it, ‘shy! It’s up ta us, an’ if you think we’d like ta eat here, then we will.”

Fluttershy squeaked and gave Applejack a kiss on the cheek. “I promise, Applejack. This will be great!”

“Ah s’pose yer right, we’re together. Nothin’ can ruin it.”
Fluttershy took the lead and Applejack followed her into the restaurant. The hostess was slumped over her pedestal, visibly counting the minutes until the end of her shift. She perked up when she felt the presence of Applejack and Fluttershy. Looking mildly apologetic, the young mare asked, “How many?”

“Um, table for two please,” answered the yellow Pegasus. The hostess motioned for the couple to follow her, and led them to a raised, not-crowded area of the restaurant. The mares sat across from each other and the hostess laid the menus in front of them, then left to go back to her pedestal. The mares began flipping through their menus.
Fluttershy smiled, “Applejack, I’m happy to be here with you. I’m happy you found the strength to tell your family. I’m happy we can finally go on real dates, instead of having tea and talking in the cottage.”

Applejack put a hoof on Fluttershy’s, “Ah’d do anythin’ fer you, sugarcube.” Leaning across the table, the orange work pony gave the timid yellow Pegasus a warm, lingering kiss; their first public kiss. Breaking the kiss revealed a blushing Fluttershy. ‘Finally,’ Fluttershy thought. ‘no more having to keep secrets.’ Just then, the waitress pony appeared. A brown unicorn with a black mane, around their own age.

“What can I get for you two?” she asked the mares.

“Oh,” started Applejack. “well, Ah’ll have the uhh… Apple salad, an’ a side o’ hay fries.”


The waitress nodded, “And to drink?”


“Oh, uh, jus’ some water would be nice.” Answered Applejack.

“And for you?” she asked Fluttershy.

“Could I get the Manehattan salad, please?” Another nod from the brown mare, “with extra sunflower seeds? If, um, it’s not too much trouble…” The waitress pony smiled, as if to say ‘not a problem,’ “And a green tea with lemon, please.” The mare used her magic to gather the menus and trotted off towards the kitchen.

For the next half hour or so, the couple sat at their table hoof-in-hoof. Talking about anything and everything, paying no mind to how long it was taking their food to arrive. They were certainly happy when it did, though. Both ponies were starving, it had been quite the day.

“Thank ya,” said Applejack as the waitress pony used her magic to lay their orders in front of them.

“Yes, thank you,” chimed in Fluttershy.

The couple grew silent as they ate, but neither were concerned. It had been a long day with not much food, the silence was understandable. However, there was no shortage of smiles. Both ponies were all smiles, knowing that their relationship could only go up from here. Before too long, they were finished their meals and awaiting the cheque. The waitress mare took their plates and replaced it with the bill. Fluttershy began to reach for it, but what stopped by Applejack.

“And just what in the hay are you doin’?” she asked Fluttershy in a mock angry tone.

“I was, um… I was going to pay?” Fluttershy gave an akward smile.

“Not on mah watch, ya a’int. Ah invited ya to dinner, so Ah’ll pay fer it.”

Fluttershy leaned over and kissed Applejack quickly, “Thank you, Applejack.”

She smiled, “Don’tchou mention it, darlin’! Now, what say we get outta here?”

Leaving the restaurant, Applejack nuzzled into Fluttershy. Happy to be together, and finally full after a long day, the couple walked in silence until they reached the cottage. Stopping at the door, Fluttershy turned to Applejack and wrapped her in a hug.

“Applejack, I’m so happy you’re here with me,” she said.

“Ah’m happy too, sugarcube. Our first night together, Ah didn’t think it’d ever happen,” responded Applejack.

Fluttershy opened the door to the cottage and led Applejack in. “It’s kind of late, Applejack. I think we should hold off on anything until tomorrow. Would you like to help me feed the animals?” asked Fluttershy.

“Ah’d love to.”

A carrot for Angel, some grain for the chickens, a hoof-full of nuts for the squirrels. It was a lot quicker with two ponies to help with the feeding, so before too long the mare couple was back inside the cottage. Fluttershy lead Applejack to the second floor of the cottage, where she showed her the bedroom. Applejack smiled, she was actually spending the night with Fluttershy. The mares walked to either side of the bed and pulled the blankets back, then got into bed.

What seemed to be totally in-synch, they pulled the blankets up and Fluttershy clapped her hooves to turn out the lights. ‘Fancy,’ thought Applejack. Applejack felt Fluttershy wrap her in a hug, which she returned. Applejack began to move in closer to kiss Fluttershy, but was beaten to it when she felt another muzzle on hers. After what seemed like an eternity, Fluttershy broke the kiss.


“I love you Applejack,” she heard as she left the other mare snuggle in closer.


“Ah love you too, Fluttershy,” responded Applejack, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

“Good night, Applejack.”

“G’night, sugarcube.”