• Published 10th Jun 2013
  • 1,474 Views, 18 Comments

50 Million bits - CJBeer



After defeating Ustanak and escaping neo-umbrella underwater facility,the cargo elevator doesn't end up where it was supposed to. Can Jake Muller try peace for a change?And where did sherry go?

  • ...
3
 18
 1,474

Resident Equestria

"Christ Almighty!What does it take to lose this guy?" Jake moaned as Ustanak's cargo platform caught up to theirs travelling at high speed

The horrifying creature gave a angry roar as the target was back in its sights, the hulking muscle was exposed as it's paling skin was melting away after the last encounter with jake ended with a fist fight until Ustanak was sent flying into the sea of lava below them followed by a explosive canister to the face. Flames burned through its mind as well as its mutated body, anything that could be remotely considered as facial features were blackened and melting together like soft clay, it's genetically altered heart straining to move the killing machine now exposed and glowing a sickly purple.The only incentive it moved on was the last order of mothering figure Karla Radames pushing the monster on as it suffered pain no human can endure.
The flames roared as they chased the 3 advanced beings through the tunnel as a deadly chase played out on the high speed platform.

Sherry made the call during the commotion shouting to her partner "Come on!We have to move further up!". They spurred into a rush crawling on their stomachs grasping onto every ledge they could as Ustanak followed in deadly pursuit.

Jake was just getting mad at his relentless chase from country to country berating the monster "Jesus, take the hint!" only to be met with a reply of a mechanical arm trying to crush him, Jake threw his weight to the side keeping one arm on a hold to avoid a painful death, after the creature brought it back to catch up jake quickly threw himself up and continued crawling parallel with sherry.

Sherry pushed her partner on with "Jake, keep going!" which was barely audible as another explosion rocketed through the tunnel.

They pushed on as the heat of the flames made their clothes stick to them as the white hot metal floor scratched at the front half of their bodies putting the pair in an excruciating agony. As they slowly approached a row of crates fastened to the platform jake hatched an idea, quickly calling to sherry "Hey!Check out the cargo, you thinking what I'm thinking?".

Sherry instantly caught on "I am now, come on!" she ordered.
As time ran short before the hunter was upon them they pulled themselves closer to the crate support and in synchronization with each other slammed the palm of their hands down with force on the button release. Without support the speed of the moving platform caused the crates to hurtle down, Jake and Sherry dodged them but Ustanak received a brutal barrage of heavy machinery raining down on him.

Jake looked down and enjoyed the monster getting a beating so he shouted down with a cocky attitude "Take THAT ASSHOLE!".

However it had minimal effect as the giant tumbled for only a few seconds until he regained a hold and looked jake in the eye replying with "GROOOOOOOARRRR!!" in a fear inducing noise which sent a shiver down the duo's spine. Before they could lose any more time another mad rush kicked off as flames crept up the platform and no one had an advantage.

After a few more seconds that felt like hours the partners had moved further up with Ustanak at their heels making a few more lashes at jake cutting it close each time, the climb was feeling vertical as the difficulty was grinding them down. Further up the elevator was a pile of stacked pipes, forcing their exhausted bodies on they pulled themselves up and brought the hands down on the button release, the top pipe slid from its place at the top of the pyramid of 6 but was caught by the large mechanical hand behind them, sherry tried to demoralise jakes predator "Enough Already!You're not getting him!". The abomination of science ignored her, struggling on while the pair turned to notice the release bar had become jammed, keeping one hand on the platform they raised their elbows and pushed down with great strength until the bar gave out. Suddenly 5 large steel pipes flew into Ustanak, crashing into the monstrosity while it was left vulnerable holding the first pipe up.

During the chaos jake taunted his stalker again swearing "One more for ya, you sack of shit!". As Ustanak tumbled it used the grappling hook arm attachment as a lifeline to avoid completely being devoured by the flames as they flooded the tunnel in a destructive force of nature, the intense heat washed over its body causing unimaginable pain, as the giant frame of muscles dangled it groaned and writhed as the anger within started building.

Unable to see their nemesis, Jake and Sherry kept clawing at the floor trying to make progress away from the growing flames when suddenly a shiver ran down their spines as a loud "GROOOOOOOARRRR" rang out from the erupting fires. The pair looked behind to find the source only to witness a charred abomination emerging from the flames like hells worst demon come to bring the apocalypse, propelling through the air it soared past them and turned around scraping along the platform smashing open a box causing a few guns to fly past jake while sherry saw one get lodged in the floor grate as Ustanak wrapped itself around the front bumper of the elevator. She cried out to her partner "Jake,look! A gun!"

Only to receive a comeback of "Well what are we waiting for?" in a subtle display of motivation.

With the only chance of escaping the nightmare they were facing being a 'Elephant killer' magnum stuck dangerously close to the ultimate killing machine pulling itself off the edge of the platform. They raced on a adrenaline rush surging through their veins as the most intense fight for 3 lives was rising to a climax, every second could lead to an instant death as the dangers of losing their vital grip, an explosion from the large fireball consuming them without mercy or any of the cruel methods Ustanak has planned once it has the advantage, having to move closer to the hideous figure was terrifying as it looked down at them with vile and hatred.

Finally they were within reach of the gun and Sherry was the first to grab it and point it at the monster who was focusing on her especially. As she kept one hand on the platform her aiming hand trembled unable to get a clear shot, quickly realizing the delay jake put his hand under hers giving her a steady aim. Looking into his eyes Jake said with a serious voice "This shit, ends, now.". Once again facing their nemesis they raised the gun looking at his glowing heart choosing that as its weak point. In retaliation Ustanak brought its arm into the air ready to bring down the final blow upon the two, in the last dramatic and climactic moment jake saw the gun hadn't fired yet and in what might have been his final word he shouted in adrenaline filled desperation "SHERRY!" When suddenly a gunshot sounded for only a moment the bullet stayed true and made the short journey into the creatures glowing heart.

Ustanak's body had a small collapse in reaction to the bullet but kept his hold on the platform. Jake and Sherry looked on in hope that this might finally be over but their faces showed complete despair as the abomination recovered from its wound, shaking off the pain like it was nothing roaring in complete madness and raising the large muscular arm to finish the pairs lives once and for all. Jake looked over at sherry while she was frozen in fear at the impending doom looming over them, hoping that her face would be the last thing he saw before it all went black. Then a noise drew his attention to what was happening in front of him, the deafening roar had faltered and turned into a choking noise as blood sprayed from all over Ustanak's body and the purple heart lost its colour as the arm hung in the air unable to carry out the last command. The life in its eye drained as it went limp and fell through the air once again disappearing into the flames of the raging furnace behind them, any sign of it ever being there was gone, no figure in the fire, no angry roars sounding through the tunnels, even the smell of its burning flesh and muscle had vanished.

The flames sent an explosion out making jake react by putting his arm over sherry in a protective motion as they both kept their heads down, after the heat washed over their backs jake looked behind to make sure it was safe he looked back to his partner as she was coping with the exhaustion from everything that had just happened, his voice was quiet but still audible over their surroundings, he spoke to her gently "You saved me..." Sherry turned to see his blue eyes looking into hers with a deep compassion, she could tell he wasn't being his sarcastic self, he was genuinely speaking from the heart. He continued "...you know that,don't you?" the moment was temporarily interrupted by another explosion sounding in the tunnel made them put their heads down in protection, after resuming their lock into each others eyes he gave a comfortable smile and softly said "thank you." Sherry returned the smile and looked at his hand on the grate putting her slender fingers over his gloved hand feeling comfort as light of day shone from the end of the tunnel.

She looked up and squinted after being in the dark underground for so long but felt the warmth of a sun bear down upon her encouraging a smile. Jake enjoyed every thought of reaching the end of this nightmare but as they got closer he noticed something wrong, the tunnel wouldn't be shaped with the end open and still slanted. He had a concern look which when sherry looked over to him and saw his expression she looked back to the light and realized what had made him uneasy. The platform kept moving at full speed as the light grew closer and a blue sky with white clouds became visible, Jake noticed a distortion around the edge of the tunnel opening but a moment later the platform flew from its tracks, for a few seconds there was peace as birds tweeted and leaves glided gracefully in the air.

Then Sherry thought to pull herself to the front of the elevator to assess the situation, her reaction was disbelief as they were hundreds of feet up in the air over a large mass of forestry "How can that be?We were nowhere near any forests!".

Jake heard her instructing her with concern "Why don't we worry about that if we survive the landing?", Sherry realized they had no control in mid air so continued looking at the landscape trying to recognise the country they had ended up in. A sudden green blur came out of nowhere hitting sherry in the shoulder,her grip slipped from the impact and she lifted into the sky.

Scared out of her mind she shouted out "JAKE!" quickly met with a response of a hand grabbing her arm, she slammed against the metal surface with a grunt before bouncing back causing jakes grip to slip holding onto her hand then just her fingers were all he could keep in his grasp.

He looked her in the eyes one more time shaking his head repeating the words "please don't go sherry,don't go.".

She didn't want him to sacrifice his life for hers knowing he'd let go of the platform for her given the chance so she reassured him gently "don't worry about me,I'll be fine." before opening her hand and began drifting further and further away from the man she had developed so many feelings for.

Jake stared longingly at the direction sherry disappeared from as if hoping some miracle could bring her back, "SHERRY! SHERRY! ARE YOU THERE?", no answer, "FUCK!" was all he could bring out as he banged his hand on the platform. He stayed motionless in complete concentration for a few seconds before regaining himself and making a solemn vow muttering under his breath "I will find you sherry. Nothing will stop me as god is my witness.". The cargo elevator had reached the highest point of its flight and gravity was pulling into a downward glide. The view of a tall colourful castle built on the side of a rocky mountain rose from the edge, jakes astonishment from the peculiar but beautiful sight didn't take long as it became obvious how quickly it seemed to be getting larger and larger. He sighed and tiredly remarked "This kind of thing never happened in edonia." before bracing himself for the impact.

Author's Note:

2nd time I wrote the whole thing,probably for the best but I'll make proper notes and excuses in the next chapter for anyone still reading by then.Hope you enjoyed it!