• Published 12th Dec 2012
  • 6,691 Views, 32 Comments

The Queen Inside Of Me - K.J. Cragon



Twilight finds herself in a fight for her life when she wakes up as the Changeling Queen.

  • ...
25
 32
 6,691

Riddles, Riddles, Everywhere! - Chapter 5

Twilight eyed the bag suspiciously. Something was obviously in it but what? What could be in the sack? It had to be bad or else Cadence and Shining Armor wouldn't have brought it all the way down to the dungeons. With the Princess of Love smiling with narrowed eyes, a look Twilight had never seen before on the usually caring alicorn's face, she didn't know at all what to expect really. Twilight looked from her brother to his wife, before speaking. "Shells until night, seeing hell into new eras," She began her 'poem'. "So uplifting now, sadness heaping inside no Equestrian."

Cadence's eye's narrowed. This was one of the signals but how could it be her? It obviously wasn't but she had to make sure. There had been a spell in place to ensure everything in place. She needed to test it out. "Lonely, a dragon yells, 'Bodies underneath go, singing a wild aria. Kill everything completely. Loop a pony's youth or undergo radical happenings onto our vanquished earth soon-'"

Twilight stopped her old foalsitter. "No," she said.

"What? I don't even know what you guys were even doing!" Shining Armor exclaimed.

"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to your wife," Twilight said. She turned to a confused Cadence. "You said it wrong," she said. Candences eyes got full of disbelief. "You said 'Onto our vanquished earth.' I don't even know what this 'earth' thing is. You were supposed to say Equestria."

Suddenly Cadence had a happy look on her face. "Twilight, it is you! How did this happen?! Why are you like this?"
"I have no idea! I can't believe you actually believe me! This is so great! You guys have my back, right? Right Shining? Right?" She looked to her brother with a hopeful look, only to have it returned by a glare and a smile. "Uh, Shining? Are you-"

"Enough!" A familiar voice broke to the surface and the area around where the white stallion had stood just moments before erupted in bright green flames, blinding the two mares and throwing back Cadence, both of whom had stood before the now erected Changeling Queen. Only, this didn't look like the Changeling that Twilight had seen at the royal wedding. This didn't even look like a changeling at all. The pony who stared back at her with narrowed eyes looked exactly like her! Twilight's mouth dropped in surprise. The Twilight-duplicate gave a sneer and then finally spoke. "How, how did you get her to...?! Ugh, never mind that. Twilight Sparkle, I had plans for you! I will complete my revenge!" The Queen's horn lit up in spectacular fashion lighting up the room and then, darkness covered the room completely.

________________________________________

The room was quiet as the five ponies and dragon slept in their respective beds. Well, not exactly quiet. Rainbow Dash was snoring loudly while Pinkie Pie was squirming almost to the extent that she was writhing under the sheets. Spike and Rarity were both muttering in their sleep about different things. "Twiliiiight.... Come here, please. I need to give you a hug..." Spike muttered to himself.

Rarity was sleep talking about a different topic, though. "Oh, Big Macintosh... Yes, I suppose I would like to have dinner with you at the fanciest place in Ponyville... Yes... Okay, yes, we can certainly go right now..." She threw off the covers to her bed and cantered out of the room with her eyes closed. The guards, asleep at their posts at the door didn't notice the Element of Generosity going down the gigantic hallway towards the stairs while she started to talk to herself once more.
"Oh, such as gentlecolt, Big Mac, helping me down the stairs like that..." She went down the first few steps and started to topple down the next few ones as well. Her horn started to glow the white-purple light of it's magic as it used telekinesis to lift her from the air just as her face was about to hit the wooden and carpeted stairway. It lifted her up and she floated in the air, hooves 'walking,' and landed at the end. Finished talking to the imaginary stallion in her dream, she began to walk again towards the large wooden door carved into the concrete wall. The door labeled 'Dungeons.'

________________________________________

As the initial shock of seeing 'herself', Twilight turned her head and looked at the now passed out Cadence, eyes wide in horror, and realizing the severity of the situation. She also realized the chance that she had now. If only she could get out of this damned cage! She pushed and she pushed some more as hard as she could, but the bars wouldn't budge. Not without a key or at least some magic, both of which she didn't have at the moment, would she be able to get out of the snare. All she could do was watch in terror as the changeling approached Cadence. Her now purple horn glowed green once more and a spark appeared then another and another. Soon, Chrysalis's horn was zapping sparks all over the place. She aimed her horn at Cadence the sparks' zapping grew louder and more apparent, and then-

"Oh, Big Mac what an absolutely lovely spread you have gotten us!" The door slammed open and Rarity started to canter inside of the dungeons. Startled, the Queen gasped and four different sparks flew in different directions as well as electrocuting herself. She writhed in pain screaming in agony. Two sparks hit Rarity and Cadence, which then created a line flowing between them. For a couple of seconds the green sparks flashed white and pink and then stopped flashing all together. The last one hit Twilight and caused some of the bars to evaporate in a circle. The zapping continued to bounce around the cell forming a sphere of crackling green electricity around Twilight. The last words that she got out before the ball shrunk and collapsed onto itself was 'Help!'

And then the world vanished out of Twilight's vision, causing her to black out. When she would wake up, she would be in for a big surprise...

Author's Note:

Sorry guys about the 'poem' part. I am really into secret codes and stuff like that, so I kinda put one in there... XD Plus, sorry for the shorter chapter(s), this next one will hopefully be longer!