• Published 11th Dec 2012
  • 1,548 Views, 27 Comments

Friendship is Power: The Nightmare Returns - Aiyonbeam



When a freak magical mishap occurs during the Summer Sun Celebration, Ponyville - no, all of Equestria - will change forever!

  • ...
10
 27
 1,548

Chapter 11: Confrontations

???
A figure sits perched on the roof of a tower, watching the skies for something, anything, that might indicate a certain princess's presence. As the person watches, she sees Celestia fly past, now on her fifth lap around the castle. Quickly hiding from the troubled monarch, the figure spots something in the distance. A small dot. But maybe, just maybe...
The figure melts away and reappears at the foothills of the mountain that supports the city of Canterlot. Her suspicions are put to rest once she sees the small dot up close. It is Luna, flying towards Canterlot as fast as her anklets can take her.
Vinyl's clone ducks behind a tree as Luna passes, dissolving into wisps of shadow.


Time Turner

"Come on, Applebloom! Luna's got to be somewhere around here!"
"Ah'm lookin' as fast as Ah can!"
We had almost covered the west wing, and we hadn't found any sign of Princess Luna. Checking the second-to-last room and finding nothing, I turned to the last one, which Applebloom had just finished searching.
"Anything?" I asked, half knowing the answer before it came.
"Nope." Applebloom replied. "What about you?"
"Same." I said, sighing. "We should get going and see if anyone else foun-"
"Time Turner! Applebloom!" a voice yelled from a side room. We both turned to see Vinyl stagger out of the room, holding her head. We rushed over to her.
"Are ya okay, Vinyl?" Applebloom asked. "Ya don't look well."
"I'm okay. I'm just a bit... dizzy is all." Vinyl said, before shaking her head and resuming her look of urgency. "You guys've gotta come quick! I found Luna! She's in the communal training room! C'mon!"
Vinyl dashed back into the side room, disappearing from view as she said something quietly that sounded like 'getting better at this.' I followed her, but when I entered the room, Vinyl was gone.
"Where'd she go?" Applebloom asked.
"I have no idea." I said, turning around and running down the hallway. "Come on, let's go to the training room."

Sweetie Belle
"I can't believe we didn't find her!" Scootaloo said as we walked back down the hallway.
"Maybe the others had better luck." I replied, turning around and walking backwards to face Scootaloo. "Who knows, maybe Luna was in the very first room in the-"
I tripped over something that had fell down in front of - or rather, behind - me.
"Vinyl? Are you okay?" Scootaloo asked, looking down at the prone form that I had fallen over.
"Yeah..." she grunted, obviously not okay. "Just... Just leave me, I'll catch up. I've... Stretched myself too thin is all. Go... Please. Luna... She's in the communal training room, or... At least... She's going to be there... Hurry."
"Yeah." Scootaloo said. "Like we're just gonna leave you behind and go on by ourselves. C'mon, Sweetie Belle, I've got her legs."
I helped Scootaloo pick up the downed DJ, and we started towards the training room.
Suddenly Vinyl started struggling, and we dropped her. Vinyl got to her feet and staggered into a side room. I followed her into the room, but she was gone.
"Where'd she disappear to?" Scootaloo said.
"If I had to guess, I'd say she went off to rest, or to the training room." I said, starting to walk down the hallway. "She has a habit of overstepping her boundaries. Come on, Scootaloo. We can't help anyone where we are right now."
Scootaloo and I made our way to the training room.

Octavia
As Vinyl and I were walking back tot he center, Vinyl stopped and put a hand to her head.
"What's wrong?" I asked, stopping to look at her. She seemed in pain.
"N-Nothing... I know where Luna is. She's in the communal training room. Go on ahead-"
She started coughing, and some blood fell onto the cobblestone floor.
"Vinyl! Something's wrong! Let me see." I said, walking over to her and looking at her more closely. She was pale, and some blood was dripping from the corner of her mouth.
"I'm fine!" she snapped. "Please, just... Leave me and go on. I'll meet you there."
She mumbled something quietly to herself that sounded like 'why did she have to make so many?'
"Vinyl-"
"I said go!" she yelled, pushing me down the hallway and darting into a side room. I turned and ran into the room in time to see her collapse onto the floor and dissolve, leaving nothing but a few wisps of shadow, which dissipated.
I stared blankly at where she had lain, my mind trying to process what I'd seen.
What... just happened?

Vinyl
I shouldn't have made so many clones...
I staggered down the hallway, my head throbbing with pain, and my entire body screaming in protest.
Just a little farther until the training room. Then I can rest and wait for Luna and the others.
I staggered a little farther until my body finally gave out and I collapsed on the floor.
No! I have to get up. Have to find Tavi... Have to help the others...
I slowly rose to my feet, my legs shaking. However, upon trying, I found that standing up was the only bit of movement my failing legs would allow.
I reached out my left hand to brace myself against the wall when it hit a doorknob. I turned my head to see a strange door in the hallway. It was round rather than square, like every other door was.
...If I'm going to rest, I'd best do it out of sight. No need to worry the others... In an hour or so I'll be fine and then I'll be able to help long before Luna gets here.
I opened the door and fell in, pulling myself the last few inches until I was completely inside. I blacked out as the entrance closed behind me.

I woke up what must have been a few hours later. The room was lit, and as I opened my eyes, I saw white all around me. I quickly got to my feet and looked around.
Where am I?
I was in a... dome, although it didn't look quite like a dome. The room seemed to continue on under my feet, as if I were standing on glass. There was a small building in the middle of the room, and four huge hourglasses surrounding it. I examined the hourglasses. Each one had more sand than the last, the biggest one having a colossal amount of sand that trickled very slowly to the bottom.
I entered the house, and gaped.
It's... Bigger on the inside.
The house had one room that was larger than the outside of the building would allow, with three arches leading to other rooms. Above the middle arch lay a plaque:

Welcome to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber

Hyperbolic what now? What's going on here?
Then I remembered.
Tavi! Celestia! The others! I gotta go help them!
I took off for the door, only to find a knight in full armor standing where the door was.
"Excuse me," I said. "But I need to get through here, so if you could just stand aside, I'd really appreciate it."
No answer. I tried again.
"Look. My friends are in deep trouble, and if I'm not there to help them, things could go very badly very quickly. Please let me out of here!"
Still no answer. I was running out of time and patience.
"I need to help my friends, so get out of the way!"
No answer.
"Fine then. If you won't move on your own, then I'm gonna make you move!"
I pushed on both sides of the knight statue as hard as I could, but the thing wouldn't budge. Finally, frustrated and worried, I took the only action that seemed logical at the time.
I pulled my arm back and punched the statue in the face.
Instantly, the statue moved and blocked my punch, grabbing my fist and deflecting it away from its face. It drew its sword and stepped towards me.
"I suppose I asked for it, didn't I?"
No answer.
The knight swung at me, an overhead chop that would've cut me in half had I not blocked it with my katana. It swung again, and I blocked it blow for blow, both of us gradually getting faster as we grew accustomed to the other's fighting style.
After a few minutes, I started to grow tired, my attacks growing fewer and farther between as I started to go on the defensive. The knight, however, didn't slow down. In fact, it grew faster and faster until I couldn't keep up with it. After a few deft strikes, my sword flew through the air, landing behind me. The knight stopped attacking then, giving me time to catch my breath.
"Alright, you've made your point. Can I go through now?" I asked.
No answer.
The knight turned away and stood back where it had been before and disappeared, the door still nowhere to be found.
Exhausted, I returned to the house and collapsed on the bed, worry gnawing at me.
What'll happen to the others now that I'm trapped here?

A figure stands in a town square, atop a desiccated statue of Princess Celestia. The statue's head and one of its arms has been severed, and the rest of the statue has deep scars in it. The sky is black with ash from the destruction around her. Fires burn the buildings surrounding the square, but she pays them no mind.
She is waiting.
After a while, footsteps can be heard over the crackling of the flames and the noise of buildings collapsing. The footsteps draw closer until the figure the footsteps belong to enters the square.
This figure wears no armor save a helmet that encases his head, shielding his eyes and his neck. He holds a large spear, heavily plated and blood running down the shaft from the tip, which is soaked with it.
The watching figure speaks, her voice ringing out cold and clear in the silence.
"You've ravaged this city, crushed our homes, and destroyed countless lives. The atrocities you've committed against humankind are abhorrent and unforgivable, and demand swift, sovereign justice."
There is a moment's pause.
"However, because I am honorbound by the laws of peace and amnesty, I am issuing one final warning to you."
The waiting figure's cloak floats around her legs as she jumps down off of the beheaded statue.
"Leave this place or die."
There is an even longer pause.
The figure carries no weapon, but as the cloak flutters around the figure's legs, some wiring can be seen leading into the front of her cloak from the arm of the cloak.
The spearman lowers his spear and charges at the waiting figure.
"You've got it."
The spearman quickly closes the distance between the two and jumps, his spear angled to strike the figure's heart...

I woke up to a small, insistent noise. I searched for the source, and found a tiny hourglass sitting on a shelf, turning over and over and over and over, making a clacking noise whenever one end touched the ground. I tried to stop it, but only ended up with a twisted wrist as the hourglass turned despite my efforts, keeping a single grain of sand falling perpetually. I timed the clack of the hourglass.
Okay, so this one runs for one second before flipping over.
I noticed another hourglass next to the first one. This one was a lot bigger, and there was more sand in it. I waited, counting 60 clacks on the first hourglass before the second one turned over. One minute.
I stepped outside, and found another hourglass on top of the building, much larger than the first two.
If I had to guess, that'd be the actual hour-glass.
I turned to the four spaced around the building, each one bigger than the last.
These must be days, weeks, months, and... years.
I shuddered at the thought of being trapped here for years on end, with nothing but the knight and the building and so much emptiness...
I gotta get outta here, and fast!
I approached where the knight stood, and found him there again.
"Alright, buddy. I've had enough. My friends need me, and I'm not gonna let a stupid statue knight... whatever-you-are get in my way."
I concentrated, and two clones appeared at my side, each brandishing a katana.
"Let's see how you fight against three of me!"
The battle was long and fierce. No matter what I tried, the knight always seemed to know which one of me was the real me. After only a few minutes, I was again on the ground with my sword resting a few feet away from me. The knight again walked over to his place and disappeared.
The same went for the next time, and the next, and the next, and the next. I'd lost so often to the knight that I was able to figure out that it took a full day's time for him to reappear. Every day I would fight him, and every day I would lose. No matter how hard I fought, the knight always seemed to be one step ahead of me. I knew there was a weakness about the knight that I could exploit. I already knew it, somewhere in my mind. I knew something that I could take advantage of.

Three fights later, I found it. No matter how much the knight hurt me during a fight, it would never kill me. It would always just disarm me and walk back to its spot, where it would then disappear. That meant that no matter how weak I was when I fought it, I would always live. Other opponents wouldn't show me the same mercy.
The next day, I put my plan into action.
I can make up to four clones without any of them getting dizzy or fainting.
As I approached the knight, more of me appeared. Six of me, plus the original, stood and drew our swords.
Let's see if I can't improve on that.

The next week of fighting went as the past week did; I kept losing, and each day I remained trapped in the chamber. However, instead of eating and then sleeping right away after each battle, as I had done before, I trained with myself, pushing the limit on how many clones I could make. By day 20 I was up to 17 clones with no negative effects, a limit which I'd taken to calling my 'comfortable max'. After 20 clones, all of the Vinyls, myself included, would get very dizzy and start to collapse from lack of energy. One day, after my expected defeat at the hands of the knight, I meditated on top of the building, as I had taken to doing. As I cleared my head, a stray memory crossed my mind. Luna and I were in the training chamber after a particularly discouraging training session. As she wiped the sweat from her face, Luna spoke.
"Do you know why me and Celestia decided to train you?" she had asked, turning to me.
"Because Light and Shadow are the most unstable Elements, and as you're the only other people to have them, you're the best possible teachers for us." I'd replied.
"Correct. And do you know what makes them so volatile?"
I shook my head.
"It is because of the power they can obtain." Luna had said. "Each Element bearer is granted a well of power that differs in size based on the Element itself and differs in its strength based on the will of the bearer." she explained.
"Light, for example, grants the bearer an enormous well of energy, bigger than that of any other Element. However, the bearer must learn how to access that power or else it is useless to them The more willpower they have, the faster they learn, and the faster they can access said power. Add to that the fact that Octavia is a very fast learner and very attentive, and you have a Light bearer that can, with little training, access colossal amounts of raw energy, if a bit unrefined. Thus, Light might be considered the strongest of all of the Elements in all but the most rare cases."
I nodded, confused as to where the lesson was going.
"Shadow, on the other hand, gives the bearer the smallest amount of power, leaving them with little more than what they had before. Thus, it might be considered the weakest of all the Elements.
However, the true power of Shadow lies in its potential. Although it gives a very small amount of initial energy, with even the slightest training, that energy well grows according to the will of the bearer. After a large amount of training, a Shadow bearer with enough willpower can grow their energy pool to surpass the energy of any Light bearer, regardless of how skilled said bearer is."
Luna had turned to me then and looked me in the eyes.
"Vinyl, your will is stronger than that of anyone I've ever seen. If you can learn to harness your skills and train, then you can - no, you will - achieve greatness."
I had turned away then, and frowned.
"Thanks for the sentiment, but I don't think I'm quite cut out for this. I mean, everyone else has already learned, if not mastered, everything about their Element while I'm still trying to make one measly shadow clone. I don't really feel all that great right now."
Luna had turned me around, and I was surprised to see anger on her face.
"Vinyl Scratch, you will listen to me right now, and you will listen well. There will always be a shadow over you. That is the way of life. Nobody is free from the judgement and comparison of others, and everyone sees themselves as beneath someone else. However, you can either worry about what others have, and can have, and can do, or you can worry about what you yourself can gain, and can gain, and can do so that you might be the one casting more shadows than the ones that threaten to drown you out."
Luna's eyes met mine, and I could see the intensity there.
"I have done the former before, and believe you me, it is not a mistake I want to see repeated. Live with the shadows, but not in them, Vinyl Scratch. If all my lessons flee from your mind but one, let this one be the one that stays."

As I let the memory fade, the last thing that Luna had said that day bounced around my head, turning over and over in my mind even as I slept:
"Vinyl, your will is the will that will pierce the heavens, the earth, and through to tomorrow. "

10 days later

Vinyl runs through a crumbling and desecrated castle, dodging falling stones and leaping over holes in the floor, but it is no use. She can still hear her chasing her. She always chases Vinyl, and this time was no exception. The footsteps of her pursuer shake the very foundations of the castle, but what is even more shaking is the laughter. The laughing that resounds through the hallways, through the rooms, through every inch of the castle is triumphant. It is exuberant. It is elated.
It is the laugh of a murderer.
Vinyl runs and runs and runs, but with every second the laughter grows louder, the footfalls grow closer, and the fear clutching at her throat increases, becomes more deep, more primal. She is afraid of the figure chasing her, the nameless shadow that draws ever closer. Everyone is.
After all, who is not afraid of the dark?
Desperate, terrified, and out of options, Vinyl ducks into a side room and, not pausing for a moment, leaps into a large hole in the floor, not caring what lies at the bottom. She is prepared to hit the cold stone of the castle foundations, or even the wooden floor of the room beneath her.
She is not prepared for nothing.
Vinyl keeps falling, descending into an endless abyss as black as a night with no moon, no stars, no light whatsoever. She does what anyone in her situation would.
Vinyl Scratch curls up into a ball and sobs, the wind whipping the tears from her face and the cries of fear from her mouth as soon as they appear. After a while, Vinyl notices something odd about the darkness, something she cannot place...
It is silent.
There are no more footfalls. There is no more laughter. Even the sounds of the falling castle have faded away into a stillness.
"Is... Is it over?" Vinyl asks.
"Oh, not by a long shot." a voice replies.
Vinyl turns and her eyes widen in terror as she sees the very thing she had been running from. Blacker somehow than the pit she falls through is the silhouette of a woman, all black save for her eyes, which glow a bright, blinding white. Vinyl closes her eyes, waiting for the inevitable. Behind closed eyelids, two white pinpricks appear. Vinyl knows what is coming. She screws her eyes shut tighter, and the spots of white disappear for a time, but then they return. They always do. The white dots grow closer and closer until they are right in front of her. The glowing eyes of the silhouette are full and life-sized before her, only now she can see the face of the nameless shadow.
It is Luna's face.
"Oh, closing your eyes won't make me go away, Vinyl. I'll always be here. I'll always find you. And in the end, your friends will always die, just as they did when you abandoned them."
Vinyl opens her eyes to see a katana come slicing towards her head.

I jolt up from the bed in the middle room of the building, sweat dripping from my face and breathing heavily.
Just like every other night... Will the nightmare ever end?
I get out of bed and nod to the second hourglass as it clacks on and on in its perpetual cycle.
I go into the bathroom and take a shower, letting the hot water soothe the fear of the usual nightmare.
Funny... You'd think that after 30 days of the same thing, the nightmare'd lose some of its power, but it's still just as scary as the first day that I was trapped here.
After getting dressed, I head out to the door. The knight is waiting for me.
After the battle, I pick myself up off of the floor, collect my katana, and walk to the kitchen. After eating, I head out to the courtyard and summon my comfortable max of 20 clones.
Try and catch me.
They immediately launch themselves at me, and I begin to melt into a shadow.
All right, let's see if I can't get it right this time...
I focus on the familiar feeling of teleportation, focusing on the space behind the rightmost clone.
I'd always been able to teleport ever since I learned how. It came naturally to me, unlike cloning had. Unfortunately, the ability had some major drawbacks: I had to turn into a shadow to teleport, which meant that I was vulnerable for a short time before teleporting, it took a couple if seconds to teleport, and someone skilled in magic detection could find out where I'd teleported to and from. Today, just like every other day that week, I was trying to change that.
As I start to teleport, I try, like the other days, to turn back into a human as I teleport. I focus on the clone running towards me, focus on the space behind it, look into the clone's eyes, and...
I am standing where the clone stood, stumbling forward as if I'd just stopped running. I look to my right and see 19 clones rush towards the spot where I was. The clone I focus on is standing where I stood, a surprised look on her face.
"Wait!" she calls out to the others. "I'm a clone! The real one's over there!"
She points at me, and I take off running, the clones giving chase.
What did I just do?
I start running backwards and focus my attention on the clone at the pack of the pursuing group. I try to teleport, just as I had before, and...
I am running with the others towards the clone I'd focused on. I'm prepared for it this time, so I keep running alongside the others until I'm sure they're all focused on the confused clone, then I stop, turn, and run, focusing on the top of the building.
I'm there almost as soon as I start to teleport. The speed of it catches me off guard, and I nearly fall to the ground. I keep my balance and look at the clones below me. They're confused as to where I'd gone until one of them notices me and points at me. I focus on her and channel some energy, and instantly I'm where she was, pointing up at the clone, who has suddenly found herself at the top of the hour-glass.
"There she is!" I shout, hoping the others will take the bait. They do, running towards the building.
I guess I can switch places with any of you guys. That might come in handy later...
I dispel the clones and teleport to the kitchen, grabbing some food from the fridge, which is always mysteriously full of whatever I'm hungry for at the moment. I teleport to the table and set my plate of steak down.
I guess I can teleport instantly now.
As I eat, I look out at the place where the knight will reappear tomorrow.
I'm ready now.

The next day finds me meditating in front of the place where the knight stands. I finish clearing my head and stand up in front of the silent guardian.
Images fill my head, fresh from the night's recurring terrors.
Time Turner, Applebloom, and Scootaloo, all dead, their bodies obliterated in the initial blast. Octavia and Sweetie Belle teaming up to hold off the darkness until Celestia arrives, sending me to get her and bring her to help. Celestia's room, or, rather, where it used to be. Celestia's head on top of an Equestrian flag. The castle falling around me as I run back to tell the others. Sweetie Belle sacrificing herself to give me and Octavia time to run. And then the running. Octavia running next to me, then heading down a side corridor to confuse the figure, except it doesn't work. The sight of the figure heading down the same corridor. Then the screaming, as Octavia meets a painful end. And then the laughter. That laughter that sends me into a blind panic as I run, and run, and then jump, and fall endlessly, no way out, no way out...
I open my eyes, and I do not see the knight. I see that figure, all fear of it lost in a burning anger that drives me, urges me to fight.
"I've been here for a month. 31 days." I say. "Every single one of them, I've fought you, and you've always won."
I think of my friends, and the anger flares so much that it is all I can do to resist launching myself at the figure and attacking him with my bare hands.
"If my friends are dead all because you wouldn't let me help them, you can bet I'll do my best to avenge them!" I shout, clones appearing all around me.
All 21 of us attack, all screaming the same thing:
"Just who the heck do you think we are!?"
After an hour of fighting, I'm just barely starting to tire. I have 4 clones left, and the knight is battering two of them pretty hard. I step back into the frey, and the knight, as I expected him to, immediately goes after me, knowing that if he takes me out then all my clones are taken out too. I teleport behind him, and as he turns, I attack, driving him backwards and keeping him on the defensive. I drive him towards one of my clones, who is preparing to strike. Then the knight regains his footing and starts pressing me back. I decide to enact my plan early.
If I'm right, the knight has some form of magic detection, which is how he can spot me. However, my two newest abilities don't use any magic, just my innate energy, so if I'm right...
I switch places with the clone behind the knight and attack, stabbing at where his heart would be if he had one, which I doubted.
As my sword pierces the knight's back, its helmet falls to the floor, revealing a female face and what looks like orange training robes. The knight falls to the ground, her armor clattering as it hits the mirrored floor.
I... I did it.
The knight disappears in a flash of light that blinds me. When I recover, the door is there, solid and real, as if it had never left. I approach it, but hesitate before opening it.
What'll be on the other side? Will they all be dead? Will they have found a way to beat Nightmare Moon without my help? Only one way to find out...

I open the door and step out into a dark hallway. It's night, and it's starting to rain. The castle, from what I can tell by looking out the window, is in one piece.
"Vinyl?"
I turn to see Princess Celestia running towards me.
"Princess Celestia! I'm so glad you're okay!" I yell, wrapping my arms around her, tears welling up in my eyes. "I thought for sure you were..."
"Dead?" Celestia asks. Why would you think that? Have I been searching for Luna that long?"
"Searching for Luna?" I ask.
"Yes, just like you're supposed to be doing. It's been a couple of hours, I'd have thought you'd have searched the castle by now."
I stare at her blankly.
"A couple of hours? It's been a month!" I say.
"Vinyl, are you okay? I just got done searching the grounds, and Luna isn't there. It has taken a total of 2 hours, 20 minutes, and 49 seconds."
"But I was in there for a month! I counted the days!" I say, gesturing to the door of the Time Chamber.
Celestia walks to the room and opens the door.
"Don't!" I say. "You'll be trapped there!"
"Vinyl, it's just an ordinary room."
I look into the room. It looks like an ordinary storage room.
"But it was..."
"Come on, Vinyl. We should meet up with the others and see if they've had better luck. Speaking of others, where's Octavia?"
"I told her to head to the communal training room." I say, dumbfounded.
"Why would you do that?"
"Because I saw Luna coming and I wanted everyone to be ready." I say.
"You saw her?" Celestia asks. "Why didn't you tell me? I could've flown out to meet her! Show me where you saw her."
I grab her arm and teleport to the place where my clone had spotted Luna. She was now long gone, but as I look towards Canterlot, I see a speck of black moving fast up the mountain. I teleport us to the cliff that holds Canterlot, and sure enough, there she is, flying towards the castle.
How could she be there? I was in there for a month!
Celestia started towards the edge of the cliff, but I stop her.
"I don't think that's such a good idea." I say.
"Why?" she asks.
"If what you said is true, Luna's not exactly in control of her actions." I say. I teleport us back to Celestia's chambers to avoid being spotted and continue. "And there's only one other person we know of that has ever inhabited Luna before, and Twilight had to step in and use the Elements to stop her." I say.
"Your point being..."
"My point being that if that really is Nightmare Moon out there, she's on the warpath and she's looking for you. She wants to get rid of you so that she can bring about eternal night. What do you think would happen if you came and tried to reason with her? She'd kill you on sight. If it really has been only two hours since I left, then we need to prepare for her so that when she gets here we can stop her."
I start to remember all the stuff that happened earlier.
"I've gathered the others in the training room. C'mon!"
I grab her arm again and we're in the shadows of the corridor. I let go of Celestia and teleport back to the cliff to check on Luna, but she's gone.
What happened?

Luna.

I can feel Nightmare Moon's will bearing down on me as we soar up the cliff face towards Canterlot.
We're almost there...
Indeed we are.
We clear the cliff and the city proper is in front of us. We fly towards a quiet part of the city where a lone man is walking down the street.
What's going on? Why are we stopping?
I am going to make you a deal.
We land in front of the person and grab him by the throat, cutting off a scream. I hear the soft noise of metal on fabric as we draw our katana.
This deal is very simple: You allow me to teleport or I will kill him. You have 1 minute.
Do you swear on your life that you will let him live?
Yes.
Reluctantly, I withdraw and allow Nightmare Moon to access our power.
I was surprised that you gave up so quickly.
It is my duty to protect my subjects, even if it means aiding someone like you. Besides, I know they are ready for you. They will stop you, and when they do, I will see to it that you are dealt with permanently.
we let the person go and he runs down the street screaming. Our body melts into a shadow and we are in the training room.
"There you are!" Applebloom says. "We were lookin' for you."
"So, you've managed to find me." Nightmare Moon says. "Congratulations. You've earned a painful, yet quick, death. But first, a chance to join me. I cannot do this on my own; at least, not without considerable effort. You can join me, and we shall bring into being a new kingdom. One where there is peace. One where there is happiness. One in which the sun does not show its face. Help me bring about eternal night. Help me kill my sister."
Time Turner steps forward, a pleading look in his eyes.
"We're not going to kill Princess Celestia." he says. "But we don't need to fight. Come back, Luna. We can work this out together. Please just come back and you and Celestia-"
"Oh, so you would have me attempt to reason with her? don't make me laugh. She is not my sister. She is a tyrant, ruling over this land with an iron fist; I simply mean to free it from her cruelty. I have no sister."
"But, Luna, remember-"
"I have no sister!"
We raise our katana to strike him down, just like in the dream.

Author's Note:

Hoo boy! I think I'm getting back into the swing of things. Next thing you know, I'll be doing ridiculous stuff like updating every day or refining my ideas!
...Nah.
2,000 points if you get the reference(s).