• Published 10th Dec 2012
  • 521 Views, 6 Comments

There Is No Pink In A Rainbow - RikuHeartsLuna



Pinkie Pie, the happy, jubilant soul you used to know- May not be such a jubilant soul anymore...

  • ...
3
 6
 521

Red

The air lightly caressed the soft and poofy pink mane as it danced freely in the void known as the wind. Her large and glowing orbs shimmered a bright ocean blue. Her coat, a lighter pink fur, glowed in the sunlight. A gentle smile flashed across the small snout of the pony as she looked up into the sky. The rainbow almost seemed to last forever. It felt like time froze, but before long, she snapped back to reality. Pinkie stood at her window in Sugarcube Corner. T[he rainbow she admired had nearly faded now, and she could do nothing but admire the creation her friend, Rainbow Dash, used to create. Suddenly, she frowned. The happiness she had seemed to fade right out of her. Rainbow Dash had been deceased for a year now. Pinkie's only memory she can still clearly see is the rainbows that rarely appear. Sure, pranks and baking and typical Pinkie Pie flair cheered her up somewhat, but her heart lay heavy every single time Rainbow came to her mind. A few tears formed and escaped her eyes. Almost, in an instant, she fell onto her bed and began drowning the world out in her tears.

---

The sun beamed down harshly as the five ponies, Applejack, Rarity, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Pinkie all waved their friend off and said temporary good-byes to Rainbow Dash. RD decided it was time for a short trip to Cloudsdale, her home in the sky. Old memories and old friends awaited her, she hoped. As the last good-byes were had, Pinkie had latched herself to the pegasus.

"Woah, easy Pinkie. I won't be gone that long."

"I'll... Miss you, Dashie..."

"...I hope you'll be okay."

"...Please... Come back..."

Twilight and Rarity pulled Pinkie from the pegasus and they all giggled a bit, except Pinkie. Her eyes held that same dead look they had when she assumed the five ponies around her stopped liking her, and she had begun talking to household products. Despite the giggles and happy feelings floating about, Pinkie Pie couldn't shake the feeling that she would regret allowing Rainbow to leave. Finally, after the good-byes and words of encourage, Rainbow Dash had taken off. She soared and ripped through the air as she shot like a bullet towards her home-town, Cloudsdale, the glorious city in the skies.

Pinkie Pie, stuck on the ground, practically had waterfalls pouring from her eyes. The other four supporting her along the way had grown heavily suspicious, wondering if it were even Pinkie Pie they were supporting. Eventually, they had to simply stop, given that Pinkie had stopped trying. They gently laid her down. Fluttershy and Twilight stroked her mane, attempting to make her feel better as they soothingly spoke to her. Rarity and Applejack had got themselves caught up in a small argument over where or not there was too much dirt on the pathway back to town.

"Is too!"

"Is not."

"Is too!"

"Is not."

Pinkie curled up tightly, sniffling and bawling more than Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake combined. Twilight had finally given up trying to cheer up her friend.

"This is ridiculous. How could she be so upset about a simple trip? Just last week, Rainbow went to see the Wonderbolts in Manehattan alone and she was fine! Now look at her! I just... I don't understand this mare at all..."

Fluttershy interjected. "Twilight, maybe you should relax... Pinkie may be feeling something we aren't... She does that, you know, and it's saved ponies before... Maybe we all should just relax for the day..."

Rarity's ears perked up at Fluttershy's words. She obtained a wide grin.

"All of us. At the spa in ten. See you girls there!"

In that instant, Rarity was gone. Applejack smiled and gave her usual shake of her head. Twilight and Fluttershy helped Pinkie back up, who had miraculously calmed down, mostly due to Fluttershy's natural ability to soothe. Pinkie was finally able to walk on her own, but the entire time, her head had remained down. She didn't look up. She didn't even look side ways. She stared at the dirt path beneath her. And slowly, quietly, miserably walked. She walked and walked. The group had finally caught up with Rarity at the spa. Fluttershy, Twilight, and Applejack all went inside with Rarity. But Pinkie Pie managed to slip by them. She kept walking. She was now looking ahead of her. Her eyes no longer held their beautiful crystal vibrance. They only held emotionlessness. Despair. Death.

"...Da-Shie..."

Pinkie whispered this and only this as she walked. She turned by any other ponies who were in the way, walked around buildings, and the usual. But she always remained in one direction. She found herself at the entrance to the Everfree Forest, before she knew it. She stopped at the entrance. She stared into it. She felt nothing. She quietly and soullessly started walking along into the dark and menacing forest that threatened to swallow her whole... Where she was going, she didn't know. 'Nor, did she care. She just wanted to find somewhere to be. She wanted to find the only thing that mattered to her at that moment. Her spectrum to defeat the darkness. Her best friend she's ever known. Pinkie Pie wanted Rainbow Dash to come home.

"...Giggle... At the... Ghosties..."

"Guffaw... At the... Grossly..."

The deadpan voice made Pinkie almost monotonous. She couldn't seem to find anything to sustain or suppress her intense depression. She stopped singing shortly after she started, and began repeating her scratchy cry for Rainbow once again.

---

Rainbow Dash laughed loudly, almost obnoxiously, as she sat at the table in the town shoppe. She had been catching up with some old colleagues she knew from Flight Camp, and a few friends from more than secretive purposes. She was pushed lightly, taking that as a challenge, she pounced the pony who nudged her. The two tussled a for a few minutes on the floor, before they made up and went back to talking about days before they graduated.