• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 408 Views, 5 Comments

The Wind Beneath My Wings - WaitWhut



Scootaloo writes to her friends after a month away at Airforce Cadets

  • ...
6
 5
 408

Reminiscing

DIIISMISSED!

Sweat giving her body a sheen, Scootaloo broke out of line and trudged back to her room at the barracks, her body aching from the morning training session. Whenever she saw Pegasi flying, she’d always assumed that only the wings were working. She soon learnt though that in order to fly efficiently, you need to use the whole body.

They’d just broken off for breakfast, and Scootaloo was looking forward to taking a shower, more to ease her aching muscles. On the way into the bathroom, she caught a glimpse of her flank in the mirror, and her face crept into a grin.

A month before, it had been totally blank, which was unusual for a mare of her age. However, on entering the Equestrian Airforce Cadets, it was now adorned with two golden chevrons outlined in purple.

Looking at them reminded her of her long-time friends back in Ponyville.

Of the crazy stunts they pulled back when they were trying to get their Cutie Marks, as well as when they weren’t (she cringed at the ‘slight mishap’ with the Love Poison, and how they were hated for spreading gossip while reporting as Gabby Gums).

She’d left, thinking she’d be back, and she hadn’t spoken to them in the month she’d been away. Her eyes flew open. They didn’t even know she had her Cutie Mark!

Rushing to her chest at the end of her bunk, she pulled out a book with a bunch of addresses in. While she knew Apple Bloom was in college (and so, her address wasn’t in the book. Should be in the directory though, she thought), Sweetie Belle’s was.

She also thought about Rainbow Dash. Although not as close a friend as Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom, Rainbow Dash was a mare that she owed a lot to. After all, she was the one that helped her to find her wings. Tracking an address down for her shouldn’t be too hard though; she was currently on tour with the Wonderbolts in Las Pegasus.

Pulling out her pen and paper, she picked the pen up and started to write letters to the three ponies she felt that, without, she’d have never gotten to where she was now.