• Published 5th Dec 2012
  • 1,046 Views, 37 Comments

Guilty Mare - nintendo917



Twilight struggles to stop monsters from destroying Ponyville.

  • ...
11
 37
 1,046

Driftless Events

Twilight inspected the town around her, as every pony in Ponyville was putting in maximum effort for Celestia’s arrival. The residents were as busy as an entire colony of bees would be working towards supporting their queen, and in the case of Celestia, she was one “Killer Queen”. Of course, Ponyville’s ‘queen’ hadn't shown up just yet.

Twilight observed at the marvellous decorations; the flowers that the other ponies put out were perfect, and they even managed to fit in Celestia's name in the banner this time. Banners draped from the roofs and balconies of houses, with Town Hall being the most decorated of course.

Twilight then spotted a familiar white unicorn with a curly, purple mane trotting down the road with a rather uncommonly large shopping bag. It was Rarity, looking absolutely fabulous as usual. Twilight walked up to her to say hi.

“Oh hello Rarity, what’s with the bag?” asked Twilight.

“Why hello Twilight” Rarity cheerfully responded. “Oh, you mean this? It’s just a few supplies for a… appointment… later today.”

“What kind of appointment?” she asked with sheer curiosity

“Oh, just a little tidbit I've been eager to do for a while. I've been planning it for months now, and I’ll finally have it done!” Rarity answered with a look of excitement on her face.

“Really? I'm a little busy, but I could make time. Just tell me when and where, and I’ll do the best I can to-” Twilight was about to finish when she was cut off by the marshmallow.

“Huh? …Oh heavens no! I uh… I mean… Not that I necessarily detest your company, Twilight, but this uh… appointment I have planned is a bit personal. I’d rather be alone”

“Personal? Well… what exactly do you mean? Can I get a few more details?”

Rarity’s face started to contort in awkward fashions as she tried to come up with an excuse for why Twilight couldn't participate in her ‘appointment’, but soon proved to be a futile waste of time.

“Uh… oh goodness, look at the time!” The white mare exclaimed, pointing towards what would be the human equivalent of a wrist, a wrist lacking a watch. “I should go, Twi. I cannot afford to be late. Bronaldo is to arrive at the boutique any hour now.”

“Bronaldo? Who’s that?”

Blast it! She had let that last part slip out. Nothing could be done now to fix Rarity’s mistake. It was time to take her leave, before any more sensitive information leaks out. Completely losing interest in her magically talented friend, Rarity abruptly turned a complete one hundred and eighty degrees on her on her hind legs and made a break for it.

I would never normally be so rude as to simply walk out on a conversation with somepony, especially my friends. However, this is too important, and too private as well. I can’t afford to waste any more time.

With that, the fashionista was out of sight, leaving a confused Twilight Sparkle behind.

“What’s up with her today?” She couldn't understand what could be so urgent, and at a time like this. Looking towards the ground to contemplate, though, Twilight notices something on the ground.

They were cloths that Rarity had left behind, most likely having been knocked out of her saddle during her dash. They appeared to be unfinished, but they also looked to be of an ‘adult’ style, or ‘intimates’.

The cloths were all that was needed for Twilight to figure out, or at least have an idea, on what exactly Rarity was so busy for. The need for privacy, provocative clothing, and some colt named Bronaldo. It seemed as if her friend had an appointment indeed.

A slow but steady blush started to appear on Twilight’s cheeks, realizing what would be the obvious truth to Rarity’s unorthodox behaviour towards her. “ Oh… she could have just told me…” Twilight stared at the ground once again in embarrassment and disappointment.

Twilight’s encounter with Rarity was awkward, yes, but there was no time for embarrassment. She had a celebration to organize, after all! With her checklist ready, Twilight began touring around Ponyville and surveyed all the necessities for the ceremony.

She was very impressed with the other pony's hard work and dedication; so far everything was going according to schedule.

“So far, anyway. I'm not going to write everything off as ok just yet. I should definitely check up on everypony’s tasks to make absolutely sure nothing will go wrong. Most especially my friends. Rarity was already done with her responsibilities, but what about Applejack, Pinkie Pie, or Fluttershy’s duties?”

Twilight wasn't sure who to see first, but thankfully she didn't have to make that choice. When she looked up at the early morning sky to think, she could make out the familiar streak of rainbow heading her way. It was no doubt her athletic friend Rainbow Dash coming to see how Twilight was holding up.

Rainbow took a dive towards the ground, only to pull up at the last second to where she became perpendicular to the pavement. Barrelling towards the bookworm, she showed no signs of slowing down. Twilight was used to this, however, what with having known her for a few years now.

As anticipated, Rainbow pulled up ninety degrees right in front of Twilight at the last second. Now back in the air, she relaxed her wings and allowed herself peek until free-falling back towards the ground. With a bit of grace and an overdose of swag, she finally planted her hooves to Twilight’s left.

“Hey there, Twi. Awesome party last night! I haven’t had that much fun in a long time.”

“Do you always have to be so flashy, Rainbow? Would it hurt to simply slow down and land next to me?” Twilight asked while popping an eyebrow.

“Heh, well if I did that then-”

“No, it wouldn't! In fact, you’d eliminate the risk of severely injuring yourself!”

“Pfffft, but that wouldn't be fun. You only live once, Twilight, and I don’t want to spend my days sitting around in a safe library reading books all day when I could be practising my flying.”

“I swear, Rainbow, one of these days you’re going to really hurt yourself. When that happens, you’re going to wish you listened to me, and-”

At this point Rainbow had decided to tune her out. She showed up to have a friendly chat, not get scolded for how to live her life. Looking up at the sky she could see other pegasi flying around with such haste. Though the sun wasn’t out, ponies all around were acting like it was midday. Rainbow looked back at Twilight only to see that she wasn’t even close to being done berating her.

“You’ll look at me and say you’re sorry, and I’ll simply reply back ‘I told you so’. I won’t be heartless though Dash. I’ll come by every day when you’re in the hospital to-”

Ugh! She thinks she knows everything. Rainbow thought. She was starting to get annoyed now. She was starting to consider leaving her, but decided to look up once again to see if anything would be different.

To her surprise, several large and heavy ceremonial equipment were falling towards the ground. More specifically, right on top of Twilight, who of course was too busy preaching to notice the imminent danger crashing down above her head.

To Rainbow Dash everything was simple. This is what she lived for, after all. Those moments where nothing but a few short seconds were all one had to act upon were routine for her. It was part of her talent as a flyer. Nopony could beat her in a game of Chicken because of it!

“I know you say that I’m such an egghead all the time, but you won’t feel that way when you’re bored out of your mind, unable to move in the hospital bed, and all you’ll have is a book to re-oomf!”

Twilight was cut off thanks to Rainbow’s heroic actions. With a swift motion of her entire body, Rainbow slammed her chest against Twilight's left side, wrapping her forehooves around her midsection while twisting herself in the motion. In doing so, she made to where she was in between Twilight and the ground upon impact. The two rolled twice, progressing into a entanglement of hoofs and manes, until either of them were able to turn their heads towards what would have been Twilight Sparkle.

Immediately after Twilight’s safety was secured, several objects met the very spot where Twilight was standing with multiple sounds of destruction. No doubt, somepony would claim responsibility for their screw up. As to who this pony might be, Rainbow didn’t care. They were going to get a piece of her mind, regardless.

Rainbow then craned her head to look back at Twilight with a devilish grin.

“Sorry Twilight, but I had to make a choice. Either let you continue scolding me and have you get hurt, our interrupt your senseless banter and save your sorry flank. Heh... the choice was easy.”

“I...thanks Rainbow. I got carried away with that. I just... worry about you.”

Rainbow’s devil grin melted into a warm smile. “Well you don’t have to worry so much, Twi. It’s my choice who I want to be. I want to be free to do what I want, and I want to fly.”

“I know, Rainbow, and you’re right.” Twilight lumped her neck to see the debris laying where she once was. “...I won’t argue with you.”

The two got up from their spooning position to see who was responsible for what would have been a very unfortunate accident. To neither’s surprise, it was none other than the ever clumsy Derpy Hooves, now wringing her hooves together out of embarrassment.

Almost immediately, Rainbow flew up to the grey mare with and evident frustration. Straight up, she said “Dammit Derpy!”

“I’m sorry, Rainbow Dash. I just... I thought I could carry it all. I’m sorry...”

“Sorry? Sorry doesn’t prevent a trip from the hospital. You could have seriously injured Twilight over here, who I might add is in charge of making sure everypony is doing their jobs. Next time you wanna save time, do it right or don’t to it at all.”

“I... I-I’m sorry... I’ll do better next time...” Derpy was now on the verge of tears at this point. Rainbow cursed herself for this, remembering how emotionally sensitive she was.

“Look... I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. You work hard delivering mail everyday, and you’re working hard now carrying the heavy decorations to ponies who need them. But you have to be careful or you’ll hurt somepony.”

The funky-eyed mailmare had already shed a few tears. They trickled down her cheeks and dripped to the ground from her now shuttering chin. She knew Rainbow was right, though. However, all that did was make her feel even worse.

“Oh... I’m sorry...”

“Instead of saying sorry to me, you should be saying sorry to Twilight.” Rainbow extended her right fore hoof towards Twilight, indicating for Derpy to apologies to her.

Slowly, Derpy started to hover towards the librarian mare. Her body language as well as her face expressed to all who read them as the saddest mare in the world. Of course, it wasn’t the first time Twilight had seen this in Derpy. Just as she had gotten used to Rainbow’s over-the-top greetings, she has also come to learn the pony who delivers her mail almost every morning. She knew just what to do to cheer her up.

“I’m sorry Twilight. I just don’t know what went wrong...” Derpy now hovered next to Twilights right side. Her cheeks showed a tint of red. To anyone who didn’t know her, somepony would say that she was truly hurt, and she was. However, her mood was more than salvageable.

Looking dead at the eye that was focused on her, Twilight extended her right fore hoof out and pulled her in for a hug. “It’s alright Derpy. I’m alright and that’s all that matters.”

“But Rainbow’s right. I could've really ruined your day.”

“Don’t worry about it anymore, Derpy, it’s all in the past. Just make sure to take Rainbow’s advice to heart. Carry what you can, ok? It’s not like the stuff is going anywhere.”

“...Thanks Twilight. I’m feeling a little better...”

“A little better? That won’t do. Tell ya what, Derpy. After the celebration, I’ll treat you to as many muffins as my wallet can handle. How does that sound?”

That did it alright. As if this whole thing had never happened, Derpy’s face lit up like a Hearth's Warming tree. The tears disappeared without a trace, her cheeks were back to normal, and her eyes weren’t flooded with sadness anymore. The only thing those googly eyes were filled with was joy and happiness.

“Really!? Alright! Thanks Twilight, you’re the best!”

“Haha, no problem. Just come by when this is all over. Just be careful from now on.”

“Don’t worry, I will!”

With that Derpy flew back up, now in high spirits, and took off towards city hall.

“Hey! What about all the stuff you dropped!” Rainbow wasn’t going to let Derpy off just yet. Thankfully, Twilight had it covered.

“It’s alright, Rainbow. Let her go. There’s a lot of broken décor here, but it’s nothing I can’t manage. I’ll just transport it to where it belongs.”

“Well alright then. Hey listen, I better get going too. I’m in charge of making sure the skies are clear for when Celestia arrives, but I wanted to drop by and strike up a quick conversation. Yet once again you’ve managed to kill that chance. So I’ll catch you later, alright?”

Twilight was just about to systematically wave her off with a simple ‘ok’, but she remembered what she had to do earlier, before Rainbow showed up. Twilight was having trouble figuring out which of her friends to visit first.

“Sure, but I need to ask you something before you leave. I’ve been trying to decide which of our friends I should visit first. Ya’ know, to see how they’re coming along with their tasks as well as to see if I can help. Do you know which of them, other than Rarity, need help the most?”

“Hmm... I think Fluttershy was having trouble with her chicken coop, but I was too much in a hurry to stop by and see for it myself. You might want to investigate that.”

“Chicken coop? The celebration doesn’t have anything to do with... no, you’re right. Thanks Rainbow!”

“No problem! Oh, and by the way, I’ll be hanging out at Sugarcube Corner during my breaks, so if you want to find me, I’ll probably be there. Alright, gotta jet!”

With that, the rainbow-maned pegasus shot forth a mighty streak of the colour spectrum to parts unknown. Well, more like above the skies of Sweet Apple Acres, but that sounds less epic. Regardless, she was off, leaving Twilight to herself and her goals.

“Alright... Fluttershy it is then.”

---

Roughly a few hours prior...

Two titans were engaged in a battle of epic proportions. At this very moment, the rogue bounty hunter Sol Badguy was at odds with the noble and dutiful International Police officer Ky Kiske. Just like a hurricane, the first half of the battle had ended. Now, just like the eye of a hurricane, the two stood before each other, not moving a muscle but with their weapons at the ready.

“Just tell me what I want to know, Sol, and I’ll leave you alone! It doesn’t have to be this way!”

Ky had approached Sol a while prior to discuss something, but Sol wasn’t his psychiatrist. “You’re making it this way. Now get lost, you've already wasted enough of my time.”

Ky needed to know something, and only Sol knew the answer. Every time he was on to something, even during the incident with the Blackard Company, Sol was always in his way. If only he would just cooperate. “Why are you always so stubborn! ...You never change...”

“Don’t make me tell you twice, boy.”

Of course, words alone would not sway either fighter. As to what exactly Ky wanted, none new except for himself. They both knew that the fight was not over. In all honesty, Sol would rather have Ky screw off and leave him alone. Of course, nothing was ever that easy, and it never will be. It did not matter.

If Ky wants a beating, then he’s going to get one. I’ll rock him like a hurricane.

At the same time, Sol and Ky readied their respective signature weapons and dashed towards each other. At the moment where they’d have collided, Ky abruptly jumped into the air and waved his sword above his head, stretching his arms out as if to call upon the sky! Sol, however, instead went low to the ground. Taking a second to charge, he engulfed himself in flames and tanked towards where Ky was once standing before he performed his Vapour Thrust attack.

Both attacks had missed their intended target, but by no means was the fight over. In the air, Ky twisted his body so as to face where Sol was. Extending his Thunderseal, he began charging electrical magic before finally releasing it in one powerful arrow of lightning. It travelled slowly towards the renegade firebender, who now was recovering from his Grand Viper attack.

Quickly, Sol got up to his feet, turned around, and jumped high into the air. Dodging the charged Stun Edge attack, he pulled back his left arm and readied for a powerful fire punch to Ky’s pretty-boy face, who at this point had just landed on the ground. Without missing a beat, Ky gathered the magical energies from within his body to perform a strong explosion of sorts. This ‘burst’ that expanded around Ky’s body was a shimmering gold and violently pushed Sol back, preventing him from landing his Bandit Bringer.

The scuffle ended with no damage being dealt to either of themselves. It was not over, though. Someone needed to be on their backs for that. Sol got up, dusted himself off, and flipped Ky off.

“Pussy. If you can’t handle the heat, then get out of my face.”

“Not until I find the answer to what I’m looking for. I just want to know what true ju-” Not allowing for Ky to finish that last sentence, Sol dashed forth and prepared to swing his Fireseal.

Seeing this, Ky readies his weapon and prepared to block when suddenly a womanly figure appeared in between them. With her knee-high, red leather platform boots, tight red skirt, and goofy red witch hat, both knew who this person was.

In unison, both Sol and Ky exclaimed, “I-No!”

“Hello there, boys. Playing with yourselves again? Don’t worry, I’ll show you both how to have a good time.”

With a swing of her cyan guitar, a portal appeared where I-No once was. It was bulbous and purple, and Sol was heading right for it!

“Shit! I’ll get you, I-No, and That Man!”

“Wait, Sol!” Ky tried desperately to retrieve his past comrade. If he allowed this to happen to Sol, he will never get his answer for what true justice is. However, his attempt was futile. Ky lunged forth to intercept and stop Sol from entering the portal. Half of this became true. Although Ky got in the way of Sol, he did not stop him. Ky was knocked into the portal by Sol and both were transported to parts unknown in the Backyard.

“Oh yea, those chords are so in harmony with each other. Send the Princesses my regards, won’t you please?”

With that, I-No laughed menacingly and in victory as not only was Sol out of the way, but Ky as well. Killed two birds with one stone.

As the portal closed, another opened for I-No to take her leave.