• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 1,053 Views, 13 Comments

Rewriting the stories - FALG



Coexisting with ponies is not that easy...

  • ...
5
 13
 1,053

Fitting in

The girls decided to stay, and, while living with us, find a solution.

We set up a few things to keep in mind, as to not rise any unwanted attention. First, whenever the house had a visit, the six would have to reclude to the laundry room, which was the furthest room in the house, and the less important to ever visit.
Second, if they wanted to be outside, they could as long as they wished, but only in the backyard. We also had to apply an extra rule for the two pegasi: they could only fly as high as the walls were, so no neighbor could see them. Rainbow protested for that, but I managed to make her reason.

We also had to find a house, away from society, so that they could have a bit more freedom, I asked my father if he could find one. He said he would, but we'd have to wait until his vacation to move safely. He was also going to bring the trailer (which we used to bring our Go Karts) to transport the girls, once we did.

I hated to confine them to a single house, taking away their freedom, but we had to.


I didn't go to college the next day either, I was so overwhelmed by this recent event, that if I didn't understand anything by not paying attention, it would be better not to go at all after this. I could be on time anyway, because my mom was making lunch at 2:30 PM, as always.

I remembered that equines are not used to every kind of food, seeing that my mom was roasting some meat. I went to her, explained the situation, and asked for some money to go buy carrots for the girls. It took me less than ten minutes to go to the greengrocery, and come back home.

Dad had said that we'd have to put six more chairs to the table. But I told him that they wouldn't like seeing us eating meat, explaining him the situation too. So we instead put a tablecloth on the floor of my room. As that day he arrived early from work, we were able to discuss the subject on lunch:

"How did this happen?" my mother asked while we were eating.

"You already asked that before, and I'm telling you, despite all the theories that I have, none of them seems believable," I insisted.

"Well, you could help if you tell us what they are, despite how illogical they can be," my father suggested. "How much logic does it have that six ponies appear in your yard in a thunderstorm anyway?"

"That's true." I said.

So I gave them my opinions, all based in fanfics, or ideas:

First: The Mane Six were caught in a thunderstorm in their world, all of them together, and Twilight casted a teleporting spell to escape to safety, but a thunder struck her at that same moment, and sent her here along her friends.
Second: Maybe Twilight found out that there were more dimensions out there, and while trying to find them, something happened and sent her here (since the six are all connected to each other because of the Elements of Harmony, it could happen that the rift caught just Twilight, but she also dragged her friends).

That, and a few more similar suggestions, were my theories. I had to explain my parents who was who and what the Elements of Harmony were.

"Those elements sound like a girly version of Power Rangers," my dad said.

"And now you're telling us?" my brother asked.


After lunch, I tried to help the girls find something to do while they were stranded here.

Since we had pets (four dogs and a cat), I suggested Fluttershy she could spend time with them. She liked the idea, but I warned her that if the cat leaves the house, she mustn't follow him beyond the limits we set up before. Same went for the dogs when they greeted somebody (a visitor, or someone that comes back home, like when dad comes back from work).

Twilight was already looking for a book to read, but they were all in spanish, I searched through my shelves and handed her a few books in english (which were for educational purposes, but they all contained stories or comics), and a compilation of well known tales.

I suggested my mom that Pinkie Pie and Applejack could help in the kitchen (whenever meat was not in the menu), they were both great bakers and cooks, though they would have to get used in not using so much stuff like they do in the show, inflation was striking our country.

Rarity would spend the nights with my mom, both sewing. We'd have to ask our grandmothers to supply us with more material for it to last.

Rainbow was the hardest to deal with, I couldn't find anything she'd like to do. So I tried my best at teaching her how to use a Playstation controller (the only thing as fast as she can be, are the cars that make up the roster for Gran Turismo). Though it was not real life, it was similar, and she found it entertaining. Maybe not as much as flying on her own, but it did the job.

I taught all of them to use the computer, I showed them some stuff they could do: read fanfics, and look some fan art of them. I warned them about not going everywhere on the net, and to be careful. Though they barely ever used the computer, which it was a bit of a relief.

Looks like reading really helped me to sort out this kind of things, back then I thought we had troubles.