• Published 17th Apr 2013
  • 945 Views, 9 Comments

The Beginning of Scootaloo - Stasiarose



Ever wonder why Scootaloo never got a spotlight?

  • ...
2
 9
 945

Scootaloo Finds Out

"Is... Is this it?" Scootaloo asked to a nearby Celestia, sorrow and anger in her face. She looked at the piece of parchment in her orange hooves once more.

"Yes I'm afraid so, dear Scootaloo," Celestia started,"From the story I have just told you, to the note you've just read from your parents, I know nothing more."

Scootaloo read over the note in her hooves, again and again. At least she knew her parents loved her very dearly so, and didn't just DoorStep her like an irresponsible drunk addict mare or colt would do. But why was she getting this now? On her birthday no less. Was this supposed to make her happy? Could this even help her find her parents? Scootaloo nodded this off and looked at the old picture in her right hoof. Her father was a striking orange with a light blue mane, while her mother was tan and red. They looked so happy in the picture with baby Scoots' in their arms.

...

That night Scootaloo sat up on her bed holding her family portrait up to the light, noticing a couple dried tear drops crinkiling the film. She couldn't help but cry herself. Scootaloo read over the note she had.

Dear Scootaloo;

We know you are likely wondering why you aren't with us or vise-versa. Well, we love you more than you will ever know, but could not afford what it would cost to teach and nurture such a filly of your extraordinary stature. Your mother and I always knew you deserved better. We hope somepony sweet and kind has taken you into their home with open forelegs, giving you the life that we never could have given you. No matter where we are, or where you are in this world, know that we do, and always will, love you, no matter what.
Now all we can ask of you is to think kindly of us, because there are no words to describe how much we never wanted to give you up. And know this Scootaloo, out of fifteen years of struggle and pain, you gave us joy. You gave us the reason to go on again. You gave us hope. We hope you make good friends, and a new warm welcoming family and never, ever forget us as we, you.
Eternal Greatness and Love,
Your Mom and Dad,

Rosey and Surly

...

Scootaloo cried and cried, wanting her parents to know how much she loved them, and how she forgave them. How she was still in the orphanage too. But as she went into an uncontrollable sob, she remembered Pinkie Pie's orphanage song and twisted it a little.

When your sad with devastation, there's one simple explanation, your a toy makers creation trapped inside no place nor home, and which ever way they tilt it, I know I must stay resilient, I can't let him break my spirit, as I sing this sad sad song.

When I was a little filly, my poor parents couldn't care for me, so they dropped me off at this orphanage, sai-

...

The rest is shrouded in mystery as Scootaloo wept into a dreamless sleep...