• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 647 Views, 3 Comments

Mind Game 2 - Dreamcloud1



A sequel to Mind Game, Twilight must find the one she loves, but can she keep her alive?

  • ...
 3
 647

Revocation

Author's Note:

Well I guess I should start writing again. I was worried I was overplaying this series and I didn't want to continue, but I figured I might as well finish the thing and then see what I want to do from there. So here it is! The chapter you've been waiting for! Mind Game 2, Revocation.

We had hit the road again, and were making great progress. Moving quickly and silently, we stayed away from the main path to avoid more raiders. We occasionally came across the odd zombie, but Scarlet would quickly take them out with a silenced shot between the eyes. They were mostly silent towards me. They were probably worried that I had snapped. Maybe I had, but right now I had a job to do.

I did notice that Cloud and Scarlet continually talked to each other and glancing at me when they thought I wasn’t looking. I made a mental note to watch out for those two. We continued when suddenly, Scarlet stopped.

“Do you ponies smell that?” she asked. We all stopped and agreed that the stench of rotting flesh was growing stronger as we continued.

“Keep your eyes open” I ordered as I drew my weapon and held it ready “If you think you hear anything signal to us.”

We approached more cautiously then before, wary of the stench growing stronger as we approached. The string that connected me and Rainbow was glowing brighter than ever before. Meaning we were close.

The combination of her closeness and the stench of death and rot couldn’t be a good combination, but I had to keep my hopes up. I was going to bring her home, whether it was on my shoulders or in a coffin. We traversed through a thick bit of trees and looked upon something to our surprise and horror.

The scene in front of us was a giant castle, made of tan stone. It was about the size of a palace, but looked to be fortified for a siege. A white flag with the words SOS stained in red upon it in what I hope was only red paint, hung on a pole right on top of a castle. High walls surrounded the entire thing, frankly the only thing missing from its medieval look was that it lacked a moat.

Surrounding the bottom were zombies. I had only seen so many converged at once on one occasion, when Canterlot had been bombed. The walls were surrounded by a massive ring of undead, all screeching and moaning, banging upon the walls with their bloodied fists. The ones at the front appeared to be rotted away and smashed to mush by its own kin, yet they still relentlessly pounded upon the walls with as much might as they could muster. The ones at the back however, appeared to be newly infected, some even with armor and weapons hanging uselessly from battle-saddles on their sides. Then the stench hit us, it was absolutely revolting, the stench of a thousand rotting bodies. Star turned to his side and vomited, and Cloud even retched at the horrible stench.

I coughed and covered my nose with my hoof, eyes watering. How could we function with such a smell filling our nostrils with every breath?

Suddenly, I heard a slide of metal against metal.

“Don’t move.” I heard a masculine voice behind me say in a deadly serious tone “Who are you?”

“Were not infected” Scarlet said quickly “Nopony’s been bit, you can check us.”

“Turn around slowly” Demanded the voice.

Not knowing what else to do, we turned around to come across a single unicorn stallion. His coat was white with a very slight orange tint. His hair was bright orange and slightly spikey. His red eyes scanned us all; gripped in red magic, was a broadsword that looked deadly.

“Glad none of you are bit.” Said the stallion sighing “Where ya from and what are you doing here?”

“We're from Canterlot.” I stepped forward and saying “I’ve come looking for my friend. Have you seen a mare named Rainbow Dash?”

“No, sorry.” Said the stallion thinking “What does she look like?”

“She’s a cyan pegasus with rainbow hair” I said “She’s hard to miss.”

“Really?” said the stallion surprised “That’s her name…”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I’ll explain along the way, right now, let me get you inside our fortress.” He said turning away and gesturing us to follow him. He led us to a large cave, where inside we found a giant metal hatch. He opened it and crawled inside, letting us all in before closing it and locking it tight. He pulled a torch from the wall and lit it with a match before leading us down the tunnel.

“You friend showed up a little while ago.” Started the stallion “She was on her last legs when a scouting party found her; she literally collapsed in their arms once she was sure they weren’t infected. When she came to, she refused to speak to anypony. She mostly just wandered the base, and taking the food we gave to her. Just as we were beginning to wonder if we should throw her out for not being useful, one of the scavengers we have had been hiding a bite, and attacked the others, creating a small outbreak.
They quickly grew to about ten; they managed to corner us with no weapons or escape. We were just creating a plan when your friend grabbed a crowbar and killed all ten of them by herself. She didn’t say a word during it, or after. She was the hero for the day, but she still seemed so… Distant. Nopony knows her name, she doesn’t say anything; she just does what we ask her to do
without question.”

“She sounds pretty bad…” started Colton who had caught up and was listening to the story.

“She is pretty bad.” I stated bluntly “I just hope I can bring her out of it.”

“You’ll have your chance.” Said the stallion as we saw another hatch a couple feet in front of us “I’ll show you to her room.”
-----
We were led through a corridor with multiple doors. Some seem to be served as kitchens, others as storage, and others still as living quarters.

“We don’t have a ton of room down here.” Explained the stallion that brought us here. “This was originally the servant’s quarters for whoever lived here. Now we use it for all sorts of things.” He stopped in front of a door and pointed “That’s where your friend is. Try not to startle her; we’re all a little jumpy.”

“Thanks” I said before turning to my other companions. “I think it’s best if you ponies wait here.”

They nodded, and I opened the door, walked in and closed it behind me.

The room was surprisingly clean. It was extremely simple, containing no furniture other than a small wooden chest, a bare mattress and a wooden chair. Sitting on the chair in question, with her back towards me, was a familiar cyan pegasus.

“Rainbow?” I asked.

She turned towards me and I was faced with a very different Rainbow. Her beautiful rainbow colored mane and tail were cut short, only an inch long. Both were extremely dirty and the bright colors had lost their sheen both with dirt and gray patches. Her coat was now dingy and dark, her majestic wings, once a perfect balance of power and beauty, now were a lot more muscular, but covered in scabs and bruises. Most likely from carrying a battle-saddle, but the worst were her eyes. Once a deep purple and gleaming with mischief and confidence; they remained dull now, the innocence and humor torn from them. They stared at me, bloodshot and sunken into her skull, almost reflecting all the horrors and pain right back at me.

“Rainbow… it’s me… Twilight.” I told her.

Rainbow didn’t react to this and continued to stare blankly at the wall.

“Rainbow…”

“Go away!” Shouted the pegasus suddenly turning.

“I don’t…”

“Stop torturing me with your lies!” Yelled the cyan pegasus. “I know that you’re not real! You’re dead Twilight! You’re just another hallucination!”

“Rainbow… it’s really me…”

“Lies!” Rainbow tackled me and pinned me to the wall “I hate you! I hate you for reminding me of what I’ve lost!”

Then she bucked me across the face. I flinched to the side and spat out a small bit of blood mixed with saliva.

Rainbow froze, her eyes sparking with a small flash of surprise.

“No, you’re not supposed to bleed…” she said, her eyes looking dead into mine.

“It’s really me Rainbow Dash.” I said calmly, ignoring the throbbing headache pounding in my skull.

Rainbow looked into my eyes for only a few seconds long before bursting into tears, burying her face in my coat and crying loudly into it. I embraced her, tears slipping down my face as well, a combination of grief for what we had lost, and joy for what we had found.

“How… why… when…” she stammered between sobs of happiness.

“I can explain everything…” I said, as we sat on the bed.

I told her my story, excluding no detail. I was just as emotionally unstable as she was; I told her that I had arrived at Canterlot late and had avoided the bombs. I told her about how I had met Star and Cloud, and I expressed my hate for Cloud when he made me leave that filly, and my hate for myself for listening to him. I told her that when I had gotten back to the camp I started looking for my friends immediately; going for months without a lead. I explained that after I had found her note, I came back to find that Luna had fallen, and that I was the new heir to the throne. I explained with sadness that I had killed Derpy, and that we had wound up here on a desperate quest to find the cyan element of loyalty. After I had finished, she took a deep breath, and warned me that her story would bring bad memories. I told her not to worry about it and that she needed to get it off her chest. She sighed and probably for the first time, she told her story.
-----
After she had left the safe house, she had traveled around, looking for nothing in particular. She said that she had tried to kill herself more times than she could remember, but couldn’t find the strength to do it. She thought of herself weak after that, soon joining a raider camp. She worked as a front liner; she would be selected for the most dangerous, almost suicidal missions. She said that she was notoriously known for her determination and rage; she told me how she had watched her comrades torn to pieces by gunfire or undead, but with all the anger and hate for the ghouls, she could slash through a whole herd easily. Due to her skill and trademark appearance, she slowly became the inspiration for their tag, a rainbow blasting through a skull.

The raider team put their new logo on their flag, and slowly they progressed from a measly raiding camp to a powerful force reckoned by Luna’s army. She was placed at the head of every battle, she quickly not only became an unstoppable fighting machine; she was an effective mental weapon as well. Most would turn and flee at the sight of her, leaving only the brave and the stupid to fall to her wrath. The raiding group quickly became known as “Hells Rainbows” and they slowly took over more and more territory.

Another raiding camp that had quickly realized that they were in the line of fire, made a deal with her leaders. They would not only give complete support to “Hells Rainbows” but would also point them towards a secret weapon stash. Her superiors couldn’t resist
an offer of weapons and fighters and quickly accepted.

By now, Rainbow had climbed high above the others in reputation. She was trusted with her own squad and could have a direct voice with the raider’s leaders, which consisted of six ponies known as “The Elements of Chaos”. The leader of the camp that had decided to join them was to help Rainbow command her squad. When she got the chance to confront him face to face, she quickly recognized him. He was a pale blue pegasus with an extremely dark blue mane. His green studied her for a moment before recognizing her as well.

“Soarin?” She had asked.

Soarin had recognized her as well. They started talking immediately, discussing about past events, much as me and Rainbow were doing now. Soarin had gotten separated from the Wonderbolts in the initial panic of the outbreak were ponies were dying left and right. He joined the first group that would take him and using his speed and mind for tactics, quickly became the leader before he
joined up with Rainbows group.

Rainbow had felt her heart open for the first time since the infection happened that day. She grew closer and closer to Soarin’ and no matter how much she tried to tell herself she shouldn’t try to make any new relationships, Soarin’s charm and humor were too much. I watched her smile as she talked about how Soarin’ offered Rainbow to share a bag of chocolate he had found as their first date before they became an item.

She explained that for the three days that followed her and Soarin’s relationship were the happiest she had in a long time. The

“Elements of Chaos” even decided to give her a break and spare her from the raid that had taken place the second day. On the fourth night, Soarin and she were cuddling in bed when they heard a yell and a gunshot from outside.

They both woke up with annoyance. It was a regular thing for people to submit to the stress of the zombies wailing outside the walls and take the easy way out. Then the lovers realized that more shots were being fired, and screams could be heard. They looked at each other; nopony was stupid enough to attack one of the most fortified camps of the most fortified empire.

Suddenly, one of the Elements of Chaos opened the tent flap smelling of blood and gunpowder “Get up.” He stated simply “Were under attack.”

She said that if she had heard it from anypony else she wouldn’t have believed it. She looked at Soarin, who gave her a kiss, before smiling and saying that everything would be alright. They donned their weapons and armor and rushed outside hoping for an answer for all the chaos.

The scene outside had been horribly frightening, tents burned, ponies screamed as they were shot or stabbed to death. Fillies and mares fled for their lives while our warriors tried to hold back the attackers. It didn’t make any sense; no power could ever outnumber “Hell’s Rainbows.” No power could ever beat them with technology, supplies, or even culturally cause members to secede. Yet now, our warriors were struggling with melee weapons, pistols and rifles, the enemy had submachine guns and armor of the latest technology. Their numbers seemed endless, as more and more poured in through the smashed gates and holes in our walls. They were being outmatched; the question was by whom.

Then she saw one, just a glance, but that was enough. It was golden, engraved in it were decorative designs, and right on the chest was the royal emblem.

Luna’s guard was attacking the camp. She had barely any time to process this information before about a dozen guards noticed the two and started charging with their spears and swords drawn.

Rainbow and Soarin’ fought for their lives, blasting and slashing the endless waves of guards, covering ourselves in blood and sweat as we tried our best to stay close to each other amidst the chaos.

Soarin and she had looked around, seeing that the battle was an obvious loss. Most of the forces had either been slain, submitted the guard, or were running out the back entrance. Soarin’ turned to Rainbow and shouted at her to run and that he would be close behind that they would regroup at... he never got the chance to finish about it as Soarin was knocked forward and into her, both of them collapsing into their armory.

By the time RD had recovered, she had been chained to a crate of weapons that were too heavy to move. When her vision cleared, she saw Soarin writhing underneath a member of the guard. He had a hoof on his throat, making Soarin’s words raspy, and a gun to his temple; the guard’s voice was deadly calm and emotionless, while Soarin screamed his words in anger.

“Get off me you royal hypocrite!” Soarin had yelled.

“No, who’s the mare.” Stated the guard calmly.

“What’s it to you!” yelled Soarin spitting in his face.

“If you don’t want a bullet in her lung where she’ll bleed to death slowly then I suggest you tell me.” Said the guard, moving the gun.

I could now tell the guard was a unicorn, as the gun was encased in magical aura.

After a pause Soarin answered “She’s my lover, not that a cold hearted bastard like yourself would know!”

“I had a lover once.” Stated the guard calmly “Would you be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for her?”

Soarin stopped struggling for a moment and looked straight at me, before nodding yes.

“Good.” Stated the guard calm as ever, putting a gun to Soarin’s temple “I’m taking her fate out of your misguided hands, and putting it back into hers.”

Then he splattered his brains on the floor.

Rainbow told me that she just couldn’t react to that. It all still seemed a blur to her, she remembers the guard unlocking her chain and pushing her out of the tent. Moving through a hole in the wall, she was barely conscious of the chaos around her. She hazily remembers the guard being questioned about her, she couldn’t remember his response, but his colleagues obviously accepted it.

When he was far enough so the others couldn’t see him, he turned to her.

She told me that this was where her memory got crystal clear; she remembered every sound, every word, and every sight as if she were actually experiencing it. He looked directly into her eyes. His bright green ones staring into my soul completely emotionless.

I remember a small twinge of sadness cross his eyes before they returned to their emotionless demeanor.

“Run.” He had said simply.

She could do nothing but follow his instruction; she turned around just long enough to watch him shoot himself in his front leg.

Causing him to cripple to the ground; she had run ever since. Just two weeks ago, about a week after she had lost her love. She had found a scouting party, and had been hiding here ever since.

-----

While she told her story, we both exchanged many tears. We cried so loud that once, Colton had peeked his head in to check on us. Rainbow glared at him and he was out of there pretty quick. After she had finished her story we had wailed into each other’s arms. Screaming for gods that no longer lived and not caring who heard us. All that was left in the world was me and her. We poured out the misery that we had all kept bottled up so long.

We had lost track of time, but by the time we had no tears left to cry the sun and gone. The room was pitch black due to the lack of electricity.

“D…Did the others…?” Rainbow asked me.

I shook my head no. “It’s alright Rainbow, were safe now. We can head back and everything will be alright.”

“A-Are you serious…” said Rainbow, looking like she was about to cry again.

“Yes, were finally going to be safe after all this time.” I said caressing her face “I’m the princess of Equestria after all, I’ll govern the country and you’ll be my right hand mare. We’ll be safe forever.

If Rainbow had any tears left to cry she probably would have, but she just smiled and pulled me into a hug. I embraced her back, and I wished that this moment could have lasted forever, just me and Rainbow.

Then Colton walked in.

“Er, sorry to interrupt you ladies, but the leader of this establishment wants to meet you.” Said Colton awkwardly.

“Who’s the stallion?” asked Rainbow coldly, glaring at Colt again.

“I couldn’t come here alone.” I told her “I brought a team with me, you’ll like them.”

“What about Cloud.” Said Rainbow her eyes firing up a bit from rage “He made you leave the filly!”

“I left the filly.” I told her, feeling myself going serious “Cloud just… helped me do it. He’s good at heart.”

“I’ll be the judge of that.” Rainbow stated her nostrils flaring.

We left the room and followed Colton, who remained silent, afraid to offend my rainbow friend. He was probably standing outside waiting for us and listening to all our crying. I didn’t mind, I was already thinking of my plans ahead. How I would get to safety, what I would do once I was in power, and mostly, what would I do with Rainbow Dash. The logical choice was to put her as a general, from what I’ve heard she was a fierce fighter, one who could be a large step forward in quelling the infection. The moral choice however was to let her rest. She had been through a lot, and didn’t deserve to go through any more.

All these decisions were bouncing around my head as I walked, interrupted only when Colton elbowed me in the side to pay attention. I snapped out of my trance to look around at where I was.

When I imagined a leaders quarters I imagined almost everything. From a small room piled high with papers to a throne room bigger than Celestia’s. Instead I found myself in what looked like a kitchen turned into a living quarters. There were shelves mixers, blenders, even a stove. The only thing distinguishing it from an actual kitchen was the bedroll on the floor to the side. I saw a creamy white pony with purple and pink hair examining me with green-blue eyes. I noticed that right beside her she had a large bowl filled with bon-bon’s.

“I know it’s a weird room.” Explained the mare in front of me “I just think better when I cook… So the guys let me stay in here to do my work.” She smiled at me “Keeps me sane and I think they like the fruits of my labor to. My name is Bon-Bon; it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“It’s a pleasure for me to.” I said nodding curtly “My name is Twilight Sparkle.”

“Anyway, sit down.” Said Bon-Bon gesturing to a small mat on the floor “Excuse me being so foreword, but who are you and why are you here? If you plan to stay you’ll need to pull your own weight, we don’t have any supplies to spare.”

“Trust me when I say this is going to sound ridiculous but I’m actually the newly appointed ruler of Equestria.” I told her.

Bon-bon looked at me for a moment before bursting into laughter. Rainbow stood up and started to say something, but I quickly shushed her.

“I know it sound’s ridiculous, but it’s true. It doesn’t matter anyway though.” I explained “I know the way to a military concentration camp. I can go back there and bring help to you ponies.”

Bob-bon stopped laughing, and looked directly at me.

“You’re serious?”

“As serious as one can get.” I told her matching her gaze.

She looked at me for a moment before speaking “I can’t tell you how much I want to believe you, but I have to take… precautions… I refuse to take too many risks based only on the word of a pony I’ve never met.”

“I don’t need much.” I stated gesturing to Rainbow “All I want is Rainbow and a few days’ worth in provisions…”

Bon-bon glanced and Rainbow and then back to me.

“I guess I don’t have any control over what Rainbow does… But were very… Short on supplies… I can’t spare anything without…”

She flinched “W-Without…”

Little did anypony know that I was using a spell on her. I was digging through her memories, bringing up the bad ones and forcing her to reminiscent on them. Most were on a green mare named Lyra. I forced her to watch the green mare’s gruesome death, a crowd of zombies digging into her flesh, the horrible cracking sound as Lyra’s ribs were broken and torn open, the undead feasting on her innards.

“I… Lyra…”

She couldn’t help but start to sob, being forced to relive the memories of her own lover ripped to shreds.

“N-No… L-Lyra…” She whimpered, sobbing slightly.

I felt a twang of guilt for doing such a deed, forcing her to relive such terrible memories. I quickly hardened again. I would kill this mare in a second if it meant I had to save Rainbow, I would tear her apart…

“Please… We hardly have enough ammo to make it back…” I asked.

Bon-bon looked up at me and regained her composure. She wiped the tears from her eyes and made a deal with me.

“F-Fine… But you have to leave collateral… I want my people picked up and safe… Wherever you’re going.”

I flinched. Nopony in my team would be willing to stay here. My brain started running through other possibilities of what I could do when Colton stepped up.

“I’ll stay.” He said before looking at me “You need to take Rainbow home ASAP.”

I sighed in relief “I have no doubt that they will come back for you.”

Colton sighed “You’ll have to ensure that… It’s a lot of resources for a small group of ponies… Luna’s Guard is bad news Twilight…

If you want to try and do well you’ve got a lot to do…”

Rainbow smirked “Twilight can take on anything, anytime. Isn’t that right Twilight?”

I nodded smiling at my friend’s confidence; I relished the feeling of her filling me with strength.

“You should rest…” Offered Bon-bon “You’ve had a long journey, and a good night’s sleep will go a long way.”

I thought about it for a moment. I needed Rainbow back; I needed her safe as soon as possible. “No… We need to get moving… Thank you for your offer…”

I felt Colt glaring at me. He wanted the best for himself and his troops, but I couldn’t stand sleeping and waiting for the next disaster to happen.

“Well it’ll take some time to gather everything together…” Bon-Bon stated, “We should be ready in a few hours, come back here and

I’ll give you everything you need.

Suddenly, we heard a bell ring three times that echoed throughout the fortress.

“What was that…?” I said nervously griping my pistol in my magic.

Bon-bon chuckled “Don’t worry, if it rings three times that means it’s time for rations to be given out. If it rings five times, that’s when you have something to worry about.”

I sighed with relief as Bon-bon pointed me towards the cafeteria, but not before giving e one of the tastiest bob-bon’s I’ve had in a long time.

As we walked to the cafeteria Colt caught up to me.

“Twilight… I seriously think you should reconsider Bon-Bons offer…”

“Why?” I questioned turning to him “This place is a disaster waiting to happen, the sooner we can get everyone out of here the

better…”

“But everyone’s tired… We could all use some re-“

“As you know I’m the leader of Luna’s Guard…” I growled at Colt “You will NOT question my authority. Correct?”

Colt sighed and nodded “Of course Twilight…”

“Good… gather everyone at the cafeteria; we should take the free meal while we can…”

0)----(0

We all met in the makeshift cafeteria that looked to be a warehouse before the infection. I walked with Colton and Rainbow until I spotted Scarlet eating at a table alone. She saw us and waved us over; we grabbed our food and sat down with her.

“You must be Rainbow!” Scarlet said cheerfully reaching out a hoof to shake “My name’s Scarlet, long range specialist.”

Rainbow smiled and shook her hoof.

“I think I should introduce myself to.” Colton said digging into his food “I’m Colton, Sargent Major of the Army, and close range specialist.”

Rainbow nodded and smiled “It’s good to meet such an important pony.

“My name’s Bouncing Star.” Said Star beaming at her “Aren’t you a pretty mare.” He flirted flashing a small wink.

Rainbow blushed at this and smiled back. I tapped my hoof impatiently, going through a quick headcount.

“Hey guys, where’s Cloud?” I asked.

“I managed to get him a pen and a notebook.” Said Scarlet with happiness dripping in her voice “He took his food and found somewhere quiet to write. You’ll have to meet him later.”

We spent the meal talking about what we could to stay in high spirits, such as what we would do when we got back, and what our lives were like before the infection. It was perfect, I would get Rainbow home and then I would get to work, killing every zombie from here to Griphonia. Nothing could possibly ruin this moment of triumph for me, or for us.

“Oh, there’s Cloud!” called Scarlet looking over my shoulder “Come over here and meet Rainbow!”

Cloud looked over at us and put his tray away. He walked up closer so he was right by our table, then he looked at Rainbow, his bright green eyes looking like they stared into her soul, cold and emotionless.

Rainbow froze and stared back, her eyes widening in a stare of surprise, horror and anger.

“You…” mumbled Rainbow so quietly only I could hear her. Cloud’s eyes stared back as well, but only of cold analysis and knowing.

“YOU!!!” screeched Rainbow lunging from her seat and tackling Cloud to the floor, taking everypony by complete surprise.

Cloud yelped as he went down with a mare on top of him. Rainbow pinned his front hooves down and started bucking him in the face.

“YOU BASTARD! YOU KILLED SOARIN YOU MOTHER FUCKER!” she screamed, reeling her hoof back and striking the unicorn across the face.

“Rainbow!” I cried as I grabbed her and tried to pull her off of Cloud. Scarlet and Colton soon came to help and we managed to pry her off of him as she flailed all of her limbs that weren’t restrained.

“LET ME GO! LET ME KILL HIM! LET ME KILL HIM LIKE HE KILLED MY SOARIN!!!!”

“Rainbow” I told her grabbing her head and forcing her to look at me. “Why the hell would Cloud kill Soarin? You would never do that right?!?!”

I watched as Cloud stood up and spit blood on the ground before looking straight at me. “You’re wrong… I killed him.”

Rainbow let out a horrible screech and prepared to lunge again, but something happened that startled all of us. It was a bell.

Bong… Bong… Bong… Bong… Bong…

Colton and I looked at each other before the world around us plunged into chaos, all bolting and shouting orders, directing everyone towards what sounded like an armory.

“What’s going on?” asked Scarlet.

As if to answer, the stallion with fiery hair that led us here in the first place. He dropped a large bag and opened it, revealing it full of guns and ammo of all sorts.

“The undead have broken through.” He said looking at all of us and trying to make eye contact with everyone. “I suggest you load up and get ready to fight.”