• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 1,351 Views, 16 Comments

Equestria: The Final Frontier - Broneyofnoel



When two bronies are transported to Equestria for a communications experiment, what happens?

  • ...
4
 16
 1,351

Preppers

The indicators back at Houston went silent, a sense of dread went over the control crew, all but one small screen remained closed. The light screen showed that the transmission probe was not damaged, and was still in lockdown mode.

“Colonel?” One of the many men from the control crew spoke up, “What do we tell the public?”

“We don’t say a word.” His eyes looked over every person in the room.

“Colonel! I want to know why all of the damned indicators are gone!” An astronaut, Lorhanna Childers to be exact, stormed into the room.

The entire set of staff looked at her, she was very serious about this mission, and was on the second flight, set to leave tomorrow.

“Childers....we’re not sure if the crew made it.”

A flash of pain and horror crossed her eyes, Griffin and Parker had to have made it.

“I’m going out to find them!” she said loudly, causing some of the staff to back away.

“How are you going to do that, the rocket for their flight was faulty, you won’t make it out of the travel area.” The colonel said, disregarding any of her emotion.

“Get the rocket ready.” Lorhanna said to her personal mechanics.

“Childers, I am in command.” The colonel was in her face now, ready for anything.

“But I own the rocket.” Lorhanna ripped off her american symbol and handed it to the Colonel.

“Get back here or I’ll.....!” the Colonel was furious now.

“You’ll what...strip me of my rank, ha!” Childers and her team exited the station.

“Sir!” the crewman over the probe indicator said, “The probe is coming online!”

The crew crowded around the monitor, but the Colonel projected it onto a main, very large screen.

“Probe 1........now in power save status...” a sigh of sadness washed over the crew.

“Manually set by Lt. Griffin Siats!” The entire room cheered at the words, they’d done the impossible.

“Set as many crews as you can to the location of the probe, I want them ASAP!” the Colonel shouted.

“Yes, sir!”

A dozen signals were sent out to the probe and around the world for the other teams to launch as soon as possible. The messages landing in New York, Munich, Florida, London, Victoria, Paris, and Moscow. 16 astronauts and cosmonauts were assigned to the task of finding the lost men.

______________________________________________________________________

My head was throbbing, I looked around me, the burnt out areas around me were either dark grey or black, all but two windows were shattered, and the area where Griffin had been was coaxed in some unlit fuel, I had to get out of the ship now.

I was hanging from the straps in my seat, facing the emptiness of the back of the ship, about a 30 foot drop, the only stop was almost 15 feet down, beside our MRE supply and fire and waterproof weapons cache.

“Dammit.” I said as I grabbed my knife and started cutting the straps off of my seat.

Once I had gotten through my chest and arm belts, I wiggled my way out of the seat and grabbed onto the final strap, the landing was about 10 feet from my feet.

“Okay, one chance.” I grabbed ahold of some of the burnt out controls and made it about 3 feet from the wall.

I looked down and the two cases were right below me, a straight fall. I let go of the items I was holding myself up on. I fell right on to the cases and recovered from the landing by rolling once.

“Good, now weapons.” I opened the locked case, revealing a small, yet powerful weapons cache.

Inside were two M4A1 assault rifles, two Beretta Handguns, and an M249 SAW Light-Machine Gun. There were some body armor and vests in there as well, including a grenade belt, a bullet proof vest, and some riot gear. I picked up one of the handguns, grabbed 3 extra clips. Grabbed an assault rifle with 4 extra clips and left the rest for later if I needed them.

I pulled out my flashlight from my waist and shined it down, there was another landing below me, once I grabbed some MREs I’d leave the ship.

Opening the case, i grabbed a week’s worth and jumped to the next landing, about six feet below, and then I jumped to the floor, another ten feet.

At the very back of the ship, beside the fuel tanks, was a door to use in the event of an accident which left the front unusable. I opened the door to reveal how lucky I was that I had landed where i did, If I had landed a hundred feet either side, it would have let me drop more than a mile, which probably would’ve killed me.

I pulled my shortwave radio and turned it on, pressed the microphone button, and spoke,

“Griffin, Griffin, do you copy?”

Silence.

“Lieutenant!”

Silence, I switched off my radio and took the safety off of my rifle. I’d need protection to make it to canterlot, where I’d dropped off Griffin. I hoped he wasn’t in any trouble, I’d use the light of the city in the distance to guide me to him, from here, high up clouds of smoke were still hanging around, I must’ve crashed less than two hours ago.

_____________________________________________________________________

I was in trouble. Princess Luna had pulled me aside and said....

Princess Luna said Earthling, she knew of us?

And now I was following her through tunnels below the castle, she wasn’t saying a word.

“Princess?” I said weakly.

She stopped and turned to face me, she eyed me very keenly, almost inspecting me. Something I hadn’t noticed before is that Luna was a good five and a half feet tall, her horn making it six feet.

“Yes Earthling?”

“Please, call me Griffin, and why are you taking me here?”

“We are taking thee to the castle, we can’t take th....I can’t take you above ground while this is happening.” Luna corrected her King’s English.

“While what is happening?” I asked curiously, hoping that what had happened hadn’t done anything horrible.

“The massive explosion over Canterlot shook the whole city, there is panic, fires, and the royal guard is barely keeping order over the million ponies in canterlot and the suburbs, where you appeared.” she stated, waiting for a response from me.

“I’m sorry.”

“I know you are, we have much to discuss, and we need to find your pilot as well.”.

“He’s dead!” I choked, I’d already given in.

“No....Griffin, he is not, I saw where he landed, we will find him.” Luna stated, and she
gestured to a staircase nearby.

“Is this the castle?” I said as we walked up the stairs.

“We are going to Tia’s chamber, she will want to hear about this.” Luna said knowingly,
she had a plan.

“Who knows about humans?” I asked Luna, fearing that everypony did.

“Just Tia and I, and less than ten elite guards and special ponies.”

“Good.” I said, “Now we just have to find Parker."





___________________________________________________________________________





Taking character requests, if you want, message me!