• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 1,021 Views, 29 Comments

Firo Blaze - Firo Blaze



Firo Blaze is banished into the Everfree forest by Celestia, but is it her fault she was put there?

  • ...
3
 29
 1,021

A Little Shy

There was no answer for a while, making Firo feel a wave of anxiety wash over her. She wondered if Celestia told all the ponies in Equestria who she was, then no one would know what the real story was. Then a beautiful voice spoke from the other side of the door.

"Angel, can you please stop, if you don't mind? Rare, is that you? Let yourself in, I have to put Angel down for a nap." The quiet words were followed by the sound of plates crashing. "Oh, Angel please!" Firo pushed in the door carefully, and took a peek through the open space. Several animals were laying in the cottage, sleeping soundlessly. All except a small white bunny, that jumped around the room. What caught Firo's gaze was the yellow, pink maned pegasus chasing after the small creature. The bunny stopped, looking at Blaze, seeming to be frozen in time. "Oh, Angel, thank you for qu-OH MY!" The pony stared at Firo with fear in her wide eyes.

"Please don't be scared," Firo said opening up the door completely.

"Wh-what are you?" The pony asked.

"I am Firo Blaze, a pony like you, or, I used to be. I'm not a danger to you, or your lovely creatures." The pegusas shrunk down closer to the ground, her pet bunny moved toward Blaze. The bunny, Angel, sniffed the air before Firo, and crinkled his small white nose. He then jumped into her hands, and she holds him gently.

"He likes you. That's odd, he is very hard to please..." Spoken by the yellow pegasus, who flies over with caution.

Firo looks up at the pony, then notices that they are close to the same size, Firo being slightly taller. Celestia and her were the same hight, but somehow, after leaving the forest, she had shrunk. What strange magic that forest holds, she thought. "I'm good with animals, they tend to like me, unlike the ponies. No pony likes me, except Echo..." Both, human and pony, started at the small creature who now slept in Firo's arms.

"Would you... Um... Like to come in?" She asked, looking at Blaze with teal eyes.

"Yes, that would be nice. I didn't catch your name, by the way."

"It's Fluttershy... And my bunny's name is Angel." She explained, rubbing the ground with her hoof.

Blaze smirked and walked into the cottage, "are you expecting a pony to stop by today?" She asked looking around the room, and taking a seat on the couch. The white bunny squirmed in her arms, curled into a ball, then settled in the crook of her left elbow.

"My pony pal Rarity was suppose to come over today. We are going to give each other a makeover, maybe you could join us." Firo thought about joining, but put it out of her mind, she couldn't intrude, and she couldn't stay anyway. She had to keep running, or else Celestia would find her.

"Fluttershy, are you there?" A posh accent spoke out of nowhere. "It's me Rarity, and the rest of the girls are here. Pinkie said she felt something bad was happening near here, are you okay?" Fluttershy, who was standing in front of Blaze, stared at the door with frightened eyes. Firo watched the pony watching the door. I hope she knows that I'm not going to hurt her, or any of them, Blaze thought, but none of them would think that Celestia was the evil one that this "Pinkie" felt.

"I'm fine, and I have a guest over. Now I know she looks, well, not like us, but can you please... Show some kindness?" Fluttershy said, her voice barely audible even in the silence.

"Uh... Sure Shy, whatver you say. You gonna let 'tus in or not?" A southern voice called from the other side of the door. Fluttershy walked over to the cottage door and opened it. Five ponies immediately looked past the light pink maned pony to Firo. They all gasped, and tried to cover it up with coughs of all sorts. All the ponies stepped into the cottage, pretending that they weren't trying to keep away from her. "Shy, who is this?" An orange pony with a blond mane, and greens eyes said in a very southern accent.

"I am Firo Blaze." She said, answering for herself, "I'm not the danger. I was in the Everfree forest when I ran away from it."

"The Everfree forest!" A cyan pegasus said, flying over to Blaze. "You came from there? Alive with the dangerous thing Pinkie said she felt." Firo nods her head. She kept her eyes low, not used to being the center of attention.

"Oh my gosh! You are so interesting, I've never seen something like you in all of my life," a pony in all pink, except her blue eyes, raved at Firo. "Well, living on a rock farm did limit me from meeting new creatures, but oh! We need to throw a party! With streamers, cakes, a chocolate fountain, sparkles, and bobbing apples! Oh, and even may-"

"Pinkie, let's not overwhelm her." A lavender alicorn walked forward, her friends taking a seat on the floor, respecting her. "I am Princess Twilight Sparkle, and I think that we should all consult Princess Celestia. What do you say?"

At this Firo gasped, images of blood, and laughter flooding into her mind. She remembered, but she never believed that she had seen this images. Who's memory is this, are they mine, why does it seem so... Familiar? She thought. "Please don't! You won't believe me, I know you won't, but please keep me away from her! Stay away from her, she isn't who she says she is, I don't even know who, or what, she is. Just that she is dangerous. That's what Pinkie felt! I was in the forest with Celestia and she was trying to, do something to me, but I'm not sure what. It felt like I was having a heart attack."

All the ponies starred at her out burst, then they started laughing, like it was all a joke. She started laughing along, only to try to pretend that it was a joke. "I was just kidding, but I still don't think you should take me to Celestia."

"Why not?" A purple maned pony said with a thick posh accent.

"Because," she thought about her excuse before saying it, "you're a new Princess right?" Her question directed at Twilight.

"Yes, why?" The mares face looking confused.

"Well, to prove yourself to Celestia. To show that you can do magic just as good as she. I was a pony, but something in that forest turned me into this, thing, and trapped me in a tower. If you turn me back, you could prove yourself to all of Equestria." Blaze knew now not to add that Celestia had done all these things. She tightened her right fist in anger.

"I actually think that's a good idea," Twilight said, "what do you think girls?"

Her question was followed with several different voices saying "yes". Firo smirked, no matter how long she waisted her life in that tower, she could still trick people. She didn't feel bad, she was trying only to help them.

A magnificent looking mare with a white coat, purple hair, and blue eyes poked a hoof at Firo. "First, I propose that I redo your look. Rags are not acceptable even if you are not going anywhere, you should still look your best. Dash, Pinkie would you both be darlings, and go to my shop to gather fabrics and other things I need. Fluttershy, you should also go with them; make sure they don't mess up my shop." The rainbow maned pegasus, Dash, Pinkie, and Fluttershy walked out of the cottage with a nod. She turned her attention back to Firo, "now let us clean you up. You are so dirty, love, what has that monster done to you?"

She pulled rushed Firo along with her. Twilight speaks behind them, "I'll watch Fluttershy's animals." Firo put the sleeping bunny down on the floor, which Twilight took right away with her levitation.

"I think we should start scrubbing down, well, everything." The unicorn went on. This is all for the greater good, Blaze, just be happy you got away from that monster, she thought.