• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 1,537 Views, 123 Comments

My Little Slayer: Emotion is Weakness - RishnaLeDestroyer



What happens when a battle hardened medieval warrior is sent to a land of magical talking ponies?

  • ...
9
 123
 1,537

Learning

Henric had found the creatures very easily fooled into trusting him. Henric was probably one of the last beings you would want to trust in the universe. If he saw that your death would lead to his personal gain in even the most slight of ways the killer would go right ahead with insuring your death, after all he had assassinated his own father at the age of sixteen years due to the fact that he needed to surpass him to be called the best slayer of the realm. All that the ponies needed in order to give him their complete belief was a friendly word and a bit of help. He guessed that this trust was due to the fact that this was a very peaceful place. This would also explain the inefficiency of their combat skills due to lack of experience in battle.

Right now Henric was staring at the party of creatures he had seen in the forest. He noted that the ones the white larger beast had ordered to leave the room had referred to it as a "Princess". This suggested that this intelligent specie's government was much like his own, with a royal family ruling over the lower common folk. This was useful information as it told him who he needed to kill, and he guessed one of them was already gone.

~*~

Celestia was worried. Her subjects now liked this murderer, and on top of that she was without her sister for guidance. She had never been a good ruler alone. She was too gentle, and would not adequately act forth, or give punishments. Luna was the opposite, being strong and harsh. Without one of the two it did not work quite as well. Their rule was all one big balance of light and dark, good and bad, yin and yang. She would need to adapt to be more powerful as she had in the thousand years of her sister's absence.

Celestia put on a harsher tone than usual and told the beast before her, "It is time for answers. Explain yourself."

~*~

"Kill it quietly and stow the body away. Remain unseen, move as a whisper. We must move deeper in and learn of our enemy."

The voice spoke from inside their heads. It was not just suggesting, or even commanding. It was in a way forcing. While the two would have willingly done the tasks, the power of the necromancer had been seeping into their minds and taking some control over their actions. It could not actively move them or really force them to do anything, but it could impose its will more, and make things be on the top of their agendas.

Landen took to the orders of his idol and made a void around the head of the odd bright monster. This cut off all air supply from its lungs, and made sound unable to move past its lips. It had fallen unconscious in about thirty seconds, so Landen held the spell about another Forty to ensure it would not survive. After he had dropped the void and released it back into the realm of emptiness he walked to the body.

He held his hand over where he had decided, with his great education in anatomy, its heart would be and felt no pulse. It was neither inhaling nor exhaling. Samuel hoisted the beast over his shoulder and dropped it behind a nearby bush. It would stay well-hidden there for about a week before the smell of the body's rot revealed its location.

"What do you think it is?" The larger of the two, Samuel, asked his friend.

Landen replied, "I do not know for sure, as I have never seen anything like it. By its hooves and anatomy I can deduct that it is equine in nature."

"Why do you think he asked us to kill it?" The armor clad one asked.

"It is probably dangerous, seeing as it is jauntily traipsing around around this town, with a brightly colored coat." replied his companion, "Did you not also see it moving its mouth as if to speak while I was holding the void around it? These are probably the masters of this world."

Samuel chuckled a bit before stating, "A world run by horses. A wonder there isn't more shit in the streets."

The two friends had a bit of a laugh at this before the voice cut in saying, "There is no time for this! Remember remain unseen and try to work through the city. You are foreign to this world, and it is best you keep it that way. I would also like it if you kept the number of casualties at a minimum."

The two took to these words and ducked through the city. It was nearly empty, but they did have to dodge away from a couple of the "horses" from time to time.

A pair of the equines walked passed them and they heard a bit of a conversation from two of them.

"What do you think it was?" a beige one had asked.

A green on replied, "I have no idea, but can you imagine how well it must be able to play the lyre with those appendages?"

This had proven that these were the masters of this dimension, and perhaps even more unsettlingly that there were more humans here.

"Maybe," Landen thought aloud, in nothing more than a whisper, "my raiding party was not quite so unsuccessful as I had first come to believe."

~*~

Cornelius was behind the wheel as he liked it to be. He could pull strings on his puppets, getting him everything he wanted, and never get his own hands dirty. All his complete control of the situation needed was a couple of sentences of instruction here or there to keep his puppets dancing. He was slowly draining energy from his hosts, albeit not enough to harm them or let them notice, but he was slowly and surely getting back on his feet. He could feel a fire growing in his consciousness and now he was sure it would not be blown out by a gust of wind provided by a modern mage finding his existence. There was no way to stop it now, Cornelius Thornbearer would live again.

~*~

Luna had been fighting. Fighting souls of unthinkable creatures and demons that nothing, god or mortal, should ever have to see. She had been fighting the very hell that she was contained within and all of its contents. She had been fighting for her soul and her mind and her pureness. She would not stop fighting until she was where she belonged. All of this Rishna knew. He also knew it would destroy her world if he kept her much longer.

Luna was strong, and she had been wearing down on the very being of death itself. Slowly but surely, this lesser god had been destroying Rishna. Rishna knew this too. He decided it unsafe to contain her for too long and so he spoke to the enraged goddess ripping apart pieces of his consciousness.

"Little one. Why do you strain your powers so hard to return to your realm?"

Luna replied with rage in her voice, "I must return to my subjects! I must not desert them!"

"Ah so you have left the ones you love before and fear it happening again?" the realm of the dead replied.

Lunas tone softened a bit and her tone lost a bit of hate, "That was long ago and behind me. I can not leave them again. My world needs me!"

"That it does little one, the flames of the underworld replied, "It is not often I say this but as you have learned not to leave the land you belong in, unlike some from the realm most directly connected to mine, you may leave."

The flames dissolved from around the princess of the night and she was left standing alone in the field which had been the last place she had seen her world.

The air was sweet, the sun was gentle, and the grass was green. The birds were chirping, the fish were swimming, and the princess of the night was hunting down an out of place demon from another realm, revenge on her mind.