• Published 10th Jan 2013
  • 613 Views, 2 Comments

The Redemption - Spell Bound



What if Spell wasn't banished, but trapped in stone like Discord?

  • ...
4
 2
 613

Prologue

The statue of Redemption stood in the Canterlot gardens. Very few visited this statue as the events of the Day of Red Sky where fresh in their mind. As the years passed flowers started to grow around the pedestal the statue stood upon and vines tangled themselves around the statue.

To an observer it would seem as every statue in the garden was lifeless, as they should be, but in two statues two minds thought to themselves.

Discord, the mischievous spirit of Chaos was bored. He was trapped in a statue again, and everypony was so careful not to have arguments near his statue anymore. He thought back to the three fillies that released him a few years back. They must be grown up by now, with their cutie marks. He wondered what they would be. He liked to imagine them discovering a love for Chaos and got cutie marks involving that. What did they call themselves? Ah yes the cutie mark crusaders. Discord smiled in his mind thinking that they’d be better off as the Chaos making Crusaders.

In the other statue a mind was torn in half fighting with itself. One was half was the Draconequus Retribution, on the other the Unicorn Spell Bound. One mind torn in two over what to do. Redemption want to continue spreading Chaos and get out of the statue, so he could make those who had trapped him pay for their transgressions, for their betrayal. He would not forgive nor would he forget. In his mind his closest friend had betrayed him, and the pony who was unto a mother to him lied to him his whole life. Now he was stuck as a statue for the last five years.

Spell Bound also wanted out, but not for vengeance. He wanted to beg for forgiveness. He was foolish to succumb to the Chaos inside him, to let it corrupt him. He knew what he had done as Retribution, and it horrified him. Ponies had died from his fire, he tormented the minds of those closest to him.

The conflict between to two personalities was driving them crazy. They had just got over the pain of being turned into a statue. Imagine being stabbed in the heart by an icicle, but you still lived. Then you could feel the ice spreading through your veins freezing all your body systems, but you were still alive and aware. After then you started becoming stone, and that brought on more pain, as if a red hot knife was being stabbed into your mind.

Growing frustrated with the argument the split mind of Spell Bound cried out in frustration, though nopony could hear it in the garden, save one. Discord.

He briefly turned his attention to his ‘Son’. He thought back to five years ago when he came up to his statue and talked to him. He was so defiant then, swearing he would not become like Discord, a creature of evil and Chaos. In retrospect this was kind of true. He didn’t become like Discord, he became worse.

Another three years passed before anything of interest happened to the statue garden, and it all started like Discord’s brief reign of freedom, a school trip from Ponyville. Cheerilee was no longer the teacher of the Ponyville School, but the head-teacher. The school had grown in the last eight years, and Twilight decided that she wanted to pass on her knowledge, so she became a teacher. She was the one who had organized the trip to the Canterlot Statue Gardens.

Of course if she was thinking properly when organizing a trip, she might have thought twice before choosing the gardens as the destination. She had forgotten that her old friend was currently a statue there, and that old friend was also the father of one of her students that was going.

Apple Blossom was a young filly now. She was born shortly after Spell Bound was sealed away in stone. She had no idea who her father was. All she was told was that he was a Unicorn and she got the black streak in her golden hair from him. When she asked what happened to him all she was told was that he had to go away for a while.

But this didn’t satisfy her. Not only did she inherit a black streak in her hair, but she had also inherited her father’s curiosity and thirst for knowledge. Secretly she pledged that once she was old enough she would find her father, and bring him home. She could tell that her mother missed him as she would often sit under one specific tree and look longingly out across the orchards. Apparently that was the tree where her father had proposed to Applejack.

But Apple Blossom and Twilight weren’t the only one’s going to Canterlot. So where the other bearers of harmony that placed Spell into stone. Rarity was going to deliver a order of clothes and check how her Canterlot based shop was running. Her Carousel Boutique had grown during the past eight years and she had shops in a few major cities now, Canterlot being one of them.

Fluttershy was going on a date with a certain party pony. Fluttershy had finally admitted what side she was playing for, fearful of what her friends would do. Twilight thought about it for a while then said that she didn’t have a problem with Flutters being a filly-fooler. Rainbow ruffled her mane saying it was about time she came out and gave her a hug saying she’d always support her. Rarity took it well, but needed some time. She told Flutters that they’d always be friends but she needed to get her head around it first. That took about two weeks before she could carry on as if nothing had happened and actually helped Flutters setup dates. AJ took it in stride saying love is love and that nothing is gonna change her opinion of Flutters.

As for Pinkie, she remained quiet. Once everypony else had left she walked up to Fluttershy and whispered in her ear “Thank Celestia” Before kissing her on the cheek and walking home to check on gummy.

Rainbow and AJ were there to take a break from their hard work, though secretly AJ was there to keep an eye on her little girl.

By the end of the night, they would have all visited the statue garden, and secrets would be revealed.

Author's Note:

Woo. Finally starting this story. Sorry if it seems I'm rambling in a few places. Needed to get the prologue up to 1000 words. Following chapters should run smoother. Also this is my first attempt at writting kind of sadly, meaning that it's probably not going to be sad at all. But might as well give it a shot.