• Published 23rd Nov 2012
  • 1,556 Views, 35 Comments

In Your Eyes - FlutterDash777



Intrigued by the appearance of Derpy, Vinyl tries to gain the trust of the insecure pegasus.

  • ...
3
 35
 1,556

I Want To Know More About Her

-I Want To Know More About Her

After talking about how awesome Vinyl's music was, the two ponies fell asleep on the ground among all the trash. Vinyl was snoring softly, and Derpy was making some strange squeaking sound every time she breathed. Vinyl had quietly left her music on, it helped her sleep, and apparently it helped Derpy sleep as well. Vinyl turned over on her side, and her foot twitched as it hit something in the process of her moving over. She grumbled at this, and under her breath, cursed whatever it was she hit. She then immediately fell back asleep. Derpy, however, started to wake up. A tiny bit of sun was seeping through Vinyls dark curtains. Her eyes lazily opened up at a slow pace. She blinked a few times, trying to remember where she was, and what she was doing there.

She stretched out her legs, and slightly yawned. She turned her head in the direction of Vinyl. She decided to wake her up as well, so she wouldn't be the only one.

Derpy stood above Vinyl, and moments later, leaped on top of the unicorn.

Vinyl freaked out at this, and yelled out. She jumped up swiftly, as if she was ready to attack. She lowered herself when she noticed Derpy standing in front of her. Her mouth was in the shape of a small circle, and her eyes were all lopsided. If it were anypony else standing there, Vinyl would have killed them. But how in all of Equestria could she be mad at that face?! She couldn't of course.

Vinyl smiled at Derpy, who quickly responded with a wide grin.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Vinyl said, as she stretched out her back. The music on the stereo was still playing, so she used her magic to take the record out, and switch it off. She then started to gather up all the junk on the ground, in an attempt to clean. She then just through it all into a pile on top of her system.

Derpy tried to help, but tripped over a cord that was randomly laying in the middle of the floor. Vinyl quickly galloped to Derpy's side, and helped her back onto her hooves.

"Th-thanks yous, Vinyl's!"

The way she used "s" at the end of every word made Vinyl's heart flutter. It was too cute! Vinyl was completely losing it for this pegasus. How could she help herself? She just had this protective instinct for her, and she barley even knew her.

It was late in the day when Vinyl, and Derpy decided to go back into town. Besides, as much as Vinyl wanted to, she couldn't keep Derpy forever. Somepony would go looking for her at some point. So Vinyl took her home, wherever that was.

Vinyl didn't even attempt to disguise herself. She wasn't even thinking about anypony seeing her. She was too caught up in Derpy's eyes. Why she loved them so much was a mystery. She just did.

Vinyl and Derpy finally arrived at Sugar Cube Corner where they met. Vinyl didn't know any other place to take her, so there they were.

"Back where we started! Where exactly do you live, Derpy? I can always take you ho--"

"I dunno." Derpy cut off Vinyl.

'I don't know? How could she not know? Oh no! Is she....homeless?!'

Vinyl didn't know what to think. She started to feel bad for the pony.

'Maybe that's why she was all alone in the dark behind a building last night. Maybe that's why when I first saw her, she looked sad, and lonely!'

Vinyls mind was racing. She was starting to worry for the pegasus. She was about to attempt to comfort the pony, but then Derpy said something.

"I dunno if you could take me home. You sees, I's a pegasus pony, and yous a unicorn pony. Unicorns can't fly up on clouds, silly!"

Vinyl let out a sigh of relief. This pony was dumber than she thought, but that was okay, she liked her that way. If she were smart, then Vinyl probably wouldn't have taken a like to her so well.

"Oh, haha! You're totally right! Whoops! I'm such a dummy!" Vinyl chuckled.

Derpy really made Vinyl feel comfortable. She was so easy to hang with, and she only just met her. Met her under strange conditions at that. And then it hit her.

'Oh crap! I left work last night unexpectedly! Oh man! I'm gonna' get in so much trouble tonight...'

Vinyl lowered her head, but her newly found friend put her hoof on her shoulder.

"I sees you look sad. But you shouldn't! You don't look good when yous sad." Derpy made Vinyl smile. She lifted her head, and faced Derpy. Such a cutie!

"Oh my Celestia! It's Vinyl Scratch!"

"What? Where?!"

"Who? Oh my! I see her!"

"She's with Derpy Hooves? What?!"

"Vinyl! Vinyl, over here!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

Six mares started screaming. They had spotted Vinyl, and she knew this wouldn't be good. She really didn't feel like dealing with anypony besides Derpy at the moment. But what could she do?

The ponies ran after Vinyl. She sighed before taking off.

'I guess I could amuse them by letting them chase me a few times.' Vinyl acted as if the ponies chasing her was annoying, but she secretly thought that she couldn't blame them for wanting her so badly!

The six mares chasing Vinyl around town square, quickly increased to a huge group of unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies trying to get there hooves on her. At first she thought this was fun, but it quickly escalated into a doozy!

'Where did Derpy go? Oh no! She probably left! I will never see her again! Agh! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!'

Vinyl looked everywhere, while still running, for Derpy Hooves. She was no where in sight. Vinyl started to feel her heart ache. She started to feel pain, agony, questioning if she would ever see that cross-eyed pegasus ever again.

Suddenly, Vinyl stopped running to turn around. She noticed Derpy was among the ponies chasing after her. She was smiling, and laughing, looking as if she was having a good time. All the ponies stopped, and circled around Vinyl. She smiled at Derpy, who pranced over to her. She grabbed Vinyl's arm, and lifted her away, flying past everypony.

A few of the determined pegasi flew after them, but Derpy was quicker than Vinyl thought.

Resting near the forest, Derpy and Vinyl had finally lost all the fan ponies.

"Thanks, Derp! You really saved me back there! I love my fans, but sometimes it can really be a drag." Vinyl kicked back against a tree. Derpy was sitting in front of her, her tongue was slightly hanging out of her mouth. She closed her eyes, and smiled. Her way of saying 'You're Welcome'.

Vinyl was really getting used to this pony. She was so cool, and she didn't talk too much! Just perfect!

"Hey, Derpy? Do you think maybe you would want to go with me to the club tonight? I have to work, and I thought since you seemed to enjoy my music so well, you would like to see me in action." Vinyl stood up, and posed as if ponies were cheering for her.

Derpy's eye stared at Vinyl. She smiled, and nodded her head.

"Wubs! Wubs!" Derpy started to laugh. Vinyl joined in.

"Alright! That's cool." Vinyl was pleased with Derpy's answer. She wanted to hang out with her more. She wanted to be around her. Derpy seemed to be lonely otherwise. She just wanted to stay with Derpy as much as possible.

I want to know more about her...