• Published 9th Jan 2012
  • 1,017 Views, 6 Comments

Dead Silence - Silence



A story about my OC, Silence. Tip, She is deaf.

  • ...
4
 6
 1,017

Lies

Her face lit up with happiness as she felt the burdens of her ability to not talk being partially relinquished from herself. She then looked back at Dr. Mute and he was smiling. He could see that within' her was a free to learn and a dim light of hope. He then raised his hooves and clicked them to get, making a sound like rocks clashing together. She then raised her hooves and repeated his motions. He then wrote the letter "E" on the board and pointed to her. She did the hoof click and realized that she had just made the letter "E". Her and Mute sat in her room for about an hour practicing the vowels and making sure that she had remembered them and could do them understandably. She had been catching on faster than any of Mute's previous patients. There seemed to be something different with this pony, a part of her that functioned differently than the other ponies. He then dismissed her for breakfast and wrote that they should resume their teaching after she had eaten breakfast and used the restroom if necessary. With that, he noticed something about the pony.

It was so subtle, so slight; you had to be looking for something different in her to notice it. Her eyes gleamed for a second and they...changed. Something about them was different. The color of them had changed since they started learning. The eyes that were once a dark, gloomy, dreary purple were now a violet, lilac kind of color. She immediately dashed over to a drawer in her room and put on shades when she had noticed the doctor looking at her odd. She didn't want people to know of the magic her eyes possessed. She herself wasn't even fully aware of their potential and did not want to injure anybody because she didn't know her own potential. Her eyes had inherited this magical trait after the accident. Her parents hadn't noticed, they didn't really look too much at her, but rather left her to lie in her room and read the mounds of books that lined her shelves. She had not told them of the power of her eyes. Nor did they truly know what had happened the night she had lost her hearing. What they knew, and everyone else that had been told the story, was a lie.