• Published 9th Jan 2012
  • 1,016 Views, 6 Comments

Dead Silence - Silence



A story about my OC, Silence. Tip, She is deaf.

  • ...
4
 6
 1,016

Restoration

The two ponies began to fight against the onslaught of monsters that stood before them. The blades of the shadows clashed with those of the two ponies, causing sparks to burst from the blades. Silence quickly found herself engulfed in a group of enemies, fending off blows left and right. It seemed as if for every enemy she slayed, two more would take their place. The battle was beginning to seem close to impossible and Silence began to lose hope in the fact that she would make it through the battle intact. Then, a light shone inside of her helmet, emanating from her bow. The note that her mother had written for her, the words that she had told her bounced around in her mind as they finally became clear. She closed her eyes and focused, blocking the attacks from every direction without opening them. She felt as though even if they were her enemies, she still had a small version of control over them. She then thought of the one thing she could use right at this moment and felt a light from her chest start to pulse. The light grew brighter and brighter, filling up more space around her, bringing life to the area around her and transforming the shadowy figures into armored warrior ponies. But that was not the only thing that happened when this specific ground was restored to life. She heard the faintest bit of noise. She could hear almost like a whisper, but it was still a sound. Her light engulfed her and expanded, consuming all of the darkness as she slowly began to recognize her surroundings. In that moment, the moment where it all clicked, she felt the ball of light hit its peak. Then, it imploded for a second, removing all of the light from every inch of the land. Everything became dark, then a wave of color exploded from her heart, consuming not only the terrain, but the entire area in light. She finally realized where she was. She now realized why the area around her was so familiar. She realized that the land was not an odd, shape shifting forest, but was the confines of her mind that Revenge had polluted. She was not banished to some exiled piece of Equestria; she was banished to her mind.
In that moment that the land became engulfed with light and everything was restored to its correct ways, the trees teeming with fruit, the land filled with grass, animals scurrying through the land, bird gracefully drifting through the air, all of the shadows that had now become ponies, it all was restored to how it had been. For the first time in years, Silence truly understood herself, she understood her purpose, where she was, everything was so clear. She had not become deaf because she had made the deal with Revenge; she had become deaf because her mind thought it to be so. The darkness and deception of Revenge had made her believe that she was deaf; it had polluted her mind and tricked her thoughts. It had made everything seem so unclear. But now that she was purified, she could finally have she had longed to have those last two years of her life. She could finally have what had only been given to her in her dreams, she had obtained what she had once deemed impossible to reclaim. She had restored her hearing.