• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 699 Views, 0 Comments

Back Corner - MONSTERmama



A collection of half-baked ideas.

  • ...
 0
 699

Pokemon Crossover

A huge boom awoke Twilight Sparkle. The purple mare shied in her bed, whining breathlessly in a panic before calming herself. She studied her surroundings. Spike was up as well, staring at her as if she truly knew what was going on. Owlowilicious also looked toward her. She snorted before jumping down from her bed and heading to the lobby down stairs. Her walking pace seemed to go on infinitely slow. The lights outside told her that not all was well. She had not imagined that bang.

The young mare opened her front door to spy a crater. She held out a foreleg to keep Spike from hazily tumbling into the easily twenty foot abyss. She looked into the crater.

Her eyes grew large, as did every other resident who saw what she did. Inside the crater was a bubble of pink. Four ponies and a large pink rat were within the magical shield. Twilight furrowed her brow. What to do, what to do.

Well, there was no one better suited to check this out than her, was there? Fearfully, Twilight looked over to the other citizens. She shook her head as they approached closer before allowing herself to skid down the crater wall. The ground was still fairly warm. Spike slid in after her. Owlowilicious landed on her back.

"Hello?" she called out.

The black maned colt stirred first. He looked out from the shield, blinking honey brown eyes confusedly. There was a purple rapidash braying at him. He tried to stand, but ended up falling gracelessly. He looked toward the rapidash again.

"Hello?"

That prompted the black maned colt to jump into the air, this time landing on his side.

"Stop, you're hurting yourself!" the rapidash called out. She put her horn to the bubble, popping it. As glittering magical residue fell on the colt and his friends, the purple rapidash approached. He shakily looked at her, then the other rapidashes and ponytas who waited on the edge. Wait--were those ponytas with wings?!

"What's going on here?!" he yelled out in panic. He shifted one black hoof, then another. He looked down in horror. "What happened to me?!" He looked over his oreo blanket body before staring at the rapidash.

"You fell from the sky. You may have hit your head," the purple rapidash calmly explained. "What's your name? What happened to you?"

"I-I'm Ash... me and my friends were doing favors for the five sprites, when, well... something bad happened...." Ash looked down to his hooves and again tried vainly to get up. After realizing that he, too, was a ponyta, he stood begrudgingly on all fours. It worked.

Why? He looked at his sides, noticing he was a freaky ponyta with wings. How... bizarre. He didn't even have his hat or Pikachu.

Hm?! "Pikachu?!" he called out, whirling around as well as he could in his unfamiliar posture. "Pikachu!"

The purple rapidash place a hoof on Ash's shoulder. "Look, Ash, you have to calm down. How many were in your party?"

"Uh, I dunno... twenty or whatever, plus our pokemon..."

"Po-key-mon?" the purple rapidash asked.

Ash blinked. What? Had he traveled to an alternate universe? He knew pokemon didn't exist in the year 2010, but he was also sure talking purple ponyta didn't exist then either. "Is the year 2158 by chance?" he cautiously asked.

The purple rapidash seemed taken back by this. "What? No! It's just 1056!" The purple rapidahs stopped, thinking. "Well, techniquely, it's 2176 by the old Equestrian calender, but ever since the overthrow of Discord by the Princesses no one has used that calender." She looked curiously at Ash. "Are you perhaps an Othrodox Mule? You don't look like it..."

"What?" Ash asked, utterly confused.

"What?" Ash asked.

Twilight shook her head. "Never mind. Listen, my name's Twilight." With that, Twilight nodded to the other residents of Ponyville. "No need to be alarmed! They're just lost... or something," she finished quietly to herself.