• Published 24th Sep 2013
  • 905 Views, 4 Comments

Normal - TheExhaustedBrony



Discord is free once again, but he's missing something.

  • ...
3
 4
 905

Breaking Free

I've lost track of time. It seems like another thousand years since I was turned into stone by those six ponies. What happened? Where did things go wrong? I used to make everyone laugh. Sure I was a trouble maker, but I meant no harm and everyone knew that. My routine is the same every day. I remain in the garden and watch the ponies walk by, completely ignoring me, how rude.

"I'm sorry, but this just isn't working out."

"What? What are you talking about?"

What's this? My my, it seems that some ponies are having a bit of an argument. Perfect.

"There's someone else. I can't deny my feelings for her, and I don't want to hide it from you either."

This is just like a soap-opera. Ha! I'd be sitting in a chair and eating popcorn right now, if I could move that is.

"I just don't understand! How could you do this to me? What does she have that I don't?"

Their argument soon escalated into screaming and things got very... chaotic. I could feel my prison loosening and I would be free very soon. I was distracted by the joy of freedom and didn't notice the two ponies left. I figured now would be the time to... loosen up a bit.

I conjured up as much strength as I could and broke away the stone that held me. I try to step down off the pedastal, but immediately fall in a pathetic lump. I have been stuck in one position for so long, my joints might as well be non-existant. I decided to remain on the ground, at least I'm in a different position now.

"Discord!"

A familiar voice called, and it was to me. I shift my eyes up to see a large white alicorn, looking very displeased.

"Oh, why hello there princess." I said cheerfully.

"If you think that you can take over Equestria again, you've thought wrong." Her horn began to glow bright.

"Wait! Hold on! If I've learned anything so far, it's that I can't win. I've failed not once, but TWICE! I think I'm going to turn a new leaf."

"How can you expect anyone to believe that? I'm ending this now!" Celestia said

"Oh come on Celestia, remember the good ol' days? I used to make you laugh. You see, I miss those days when I had f-f-friends."

I wasn't lying, I truly wanted to bring those days back, but I knew what I had become. .

"I can't sense any trickery in you. I too miss those days. We should have listened to you. I just wanted my sister to be safe. If we had, you--."

"Stop! Please, I don't want remember THOSE days." I interrupted her sentence.

"Well, I suppose that what you could do now is go to Ponyville and make amends with the ponies. I'm sure you are aware that they aren't exactly on good terms with you."

"I could only imagine. Thank you, friend." I got up and began walking to Ponyville.

I walked for hours. Time meant nothing to me after being imprisoned in stone for so long. I looked at the scenery. Nothing seems to have changed. Everything is... normal.