• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 810 Views, 4 Comments

Fracturing Reality - FaelaArts



Twilight's life has always been everything she wanted, it is her life right?

  • ...
3
 4
 810

Chapter 10

“Twilight, are you ok?” Rosé spoke, seemingly unaware of the whirlpool of emotions coursing through the purple pony. Twilight simply shook her head; unable to get her head around the fact her friends were addicts. She had always known Pinkie Pie was addicted to sweets, but she hadn’t expected Rosé to be addicted to something more harmful. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and figured out her priorities. One: Ensure Smarty Pants is well looked after. Two: Find out who had contacted her last night, and why she seems to be in the future but also not at the same time. And finally three: Convince her friends to come with her, and give up the addiction too if possible. Feasibly, One and Two were feasible, Three however…

“Dapplejack” she turned her head to the apple coloured pony. Their gazes met, and then she continued speaking.

“Where would be the best place to leave Smarty Pants, I have someplace to go.” Dapplejack frowned, but mused for a moment no matter what her thoughts were.

“Well, we could keep her with us; we’ve dealt with accidental over dosages before. But it’s going to cost you, the Desire isn’t cheap.” Twilight growled; her answer obvious. She would have to take Smarty with her then. Step two could wait; well she had to wait for that matter.

“Um-“ Rosé Pie spoke up, and held up a big bag of bits, “your Smartie friend kinda maybe might have dropped this when we fell.” Twilight glanced to the bag, shocked and hurt.

“You stole it!” she exclaimed in her heartbreak. Rosé merely glanced downward, and that was answer enough for Twilight. Snatching the bag, she held it and gazed at all of them.

“I am leaving, today.” Twilight’s tone spoke of the finality of the statement. They all gazed to each other, and then looked away. Turning away, Twilight made her way up to her room and grabbed one of the bags lying around and packed her money into it. Then, walking to the opposite room, she gently picked up the still sleeping Smarty Pants and made her way back downstairs. She noticed there were four hay sandwiches on the table, along with the accursed Hearts Desire plant.

“Listen Twilight, we want you to take this with you, just in case you need some Desire. Now please, take it.” Twilight gaze at the plant, and her mouth scrunched up, however somehow she felt she couldn’t say no to the plant, it may come in handy. She gave a small nod, and the four relaxed visually.

“Now we got this ere lunch here to demonstrate the potency of this plant.” Dapplejack paused to pick up the plant, and shook it once onto the first sandwich.

“One shake and you dream Desire” she moved onto the next plate.

“Two shakes and you will fall unconscious for 24 hours of Desire.” Each time she shook once on each plate, Twilight’s frown deepened. She was only doing it once on each plate, which showed they had obviously thought about this carefully.

“Three shakes, three days, 72 hours.” She move onto the final plate, Twilight couldn’t help noticed the half crazed stares of the other three. Stuttershy was trying to hide it however.

“Four shakes...” Dapplejack trailed off.

“Let me guess, four days?” Dapplejack merely shook her head, her gaze coming to rest on Twilight.

“No Twilight, eternal sleep. Four shakes is an overdose that lasts until ya think you want something new to happen, a little change. We slept for a few years; our friend you haven’t met was the first to wake.” Twilight made a nervous laugh.

“And what if you eat an entire flower?” They all gazed at each other and laughed.

“Now no one would be silly enough to do tha’ Twilight. Except for one dumb pony that is still in a coma no one had ever attempted that. There are rumours she woke, but they’re just tha’, rumours.” Twilight felt her spirits drop; sounds like old Twilight had decided to give Future Twilight a very big problem. She watched Dapplejack carefully put the folder into a small bag designed to keep it fresh.

“Good luck Twilight, we will see you next time we Desire.”


“Um, I would like some food that won’t go bad and will last a very long time but won’t take up too much room” Twilight spoke to the man behind the counter. He handed over three bags of seeds and explained one bowl a day would keep her going for a few months. He then handed over three water bottles and told her to fill them at every spring and make sure to conserve every drop.

“Thank you” she spoke, handing over the money. Walking away, she sighed as she started to get tired from carrying all her supplies on her back along with Smarty Pants. She had grown stronger since first waking up in that building, but she still couldn’t carry it all by herself.

“Twilight?” she turned as a voice spoke, and for a moment she couldn’t help the tears springing to her eyes.

“R-Rainbow Dash?” the aqua unicorn with the red hair, with green running through it simply shook her head.

“No Twilight, I’m Greenglow Dash here. Have-Have you stopped taking Desire?” Twilight growled and stomped her hoof.

“I never took it IN THE FIRST PLACE! All I know is old Twilight decided to leave all her problems to Future Twilight and now I’M paying for it.” Greenglow gazed at her, and a smile spread onto her lips and she broke into hysterics.

“That’s Twilight alright, I’m sorry give me a moment” she spoke between laughs. After a few minutes, her laughing finally subsided and she stood back up.

“It’s so nice to see you Twilight, and know you aren’t trying to hide from your troubles like those other four” the spite in Greenglow’s voice was obvious. Twilight couldn’t blame the loyal pony getting angry when people abandoned their duty.

“I didn’t even know they were taking it until today” Twilight continued, shuffling the weight on her back to try and get into a more comfortable position. Greenglow noticed this and her horn began to glow as she gently lifted off half the weight on Twilight and put it on her back.

“So Twilight, where are you going, do you mind if I tag along with you?” Twilight smile warmly and then briefly explained her theories about them somehow being in the future, and her proof in the form of her old assistant. He nodded as she spoke, and then raised a hoof and asked a question.

“So uh-what’re you gunna do once you do figure out where or when Ponyville is.” Twilight paused for a moment, considering the question.

“As far as I can see Twilight, you’ve got two options ahead of you” Greenglow continued. Twilight turned her gaze as he listed them on his hoof, his gaze deadly serious.

“One, abandon this world to live in the world those four Desire. Or two: Use that world, to make this one better.” Twilight could see Greenglow had a point.

“Well then” she spoke, her voice rising in confidence as she finally had a plan of action.

“I guess that leaves me with only option two then, I can’t imagine just abandoning my friends, especially you, to live in a world like this. Granted I haven’t seen that much, if anything can make this place better, then it is my job as the element of Magic to do so." Greenglow smiled, wiping a tear from his eye in pride.

“Aye aye fearless leader” she teased, causing both to chuckle lightly. Suddenly a voice sounded and they both glanced to each other, realising they both could hear it.

’This is just what I wanted to hear. Something tells me I shouldn't give up my location to just anyone, and I had to make sure it was safe to tell you first, strange pony who called me.’

“Just call me Twilight, princess” Twilight replied aloud, noticing Greenglow quickly spoke her name as well.

’Very well Twilight, I shall now give you a set of landmarks on which to find me with. Beware, do not speak of this to anyone, you too Greenglow.’ They both saluted, gaining more looks from the crowd around them. Gazing both to each other, they knew it was time to go.

“Let us go Greenglow, let us try and help this world.”