• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 757 Views, 8 Comments

Shadow and Silver - silversoul



Two ponies find themselves in Ponyville with amnesia, but do they even want to remember their past and give up their new lives?

  • ...
 8
 757

Chapter 6: Song of Memories Pt. 2

“Now arriving in Canterlot,” the conductor called out as he trotted down the aisle, “Everypony who wants to get off, grab your things and get ready now.” Taking a look out the window, he watched as the capital city came into view. The train hissed as it approached the platform, several ponies standing up, “Please wait until the train has stopped completely before- hey, what are you doing!?” He watched as one of the passengers, a gray-coated, jumped out the open window next to his seat.

Silver grunted, stumbling as he tried to land on his hooves and instead landing in a tangle of legs in the middle of a circle made by surrounding ponies. He ignored it, however, simply getting back and galloping straight through and out of the station and down the road. “Please, let them be okay, let them be okay…” he mumbled to himself as he went down the street at a quick trot. Knowing the two of them, he kept an eye on the sky, but only a few pegasi were up there, and none looking remotely like the two mares he was after.

However, he did see a cloud of smoke rising up several streets over, and his common sense was telling him to go towards it. He hung a right and started galloping towards the smoke, soon finding himself in front of a restaurant with fire blazing out the windows, unicorns in brown and yellow jackets aiming hoses on the blaze while pegasi dumped water from above. He looked around, getting nervous as he saw no sight of Rainbow Dash or Shadow; only several other ponies not with the fire department and a large crater in front of the burning building.

“And then I saw them both start off down an alley…”

Shadows ears perked up and he turned his head, seeing an armor-clad Pegasus talking to a unicorn mare in the ruined remains of what looked like a waitress’ outfit. He started over, raising his hood and clearing his throat to make the two turn to look at him. “I’m sorry to interrupt, but who did you see?” he asked the mare.

“Sir, I’m in the middle of questioning this young mare, you can’t just-,” the guard started, only to be floated aside by Silver as he stepped in front of the waitress. He grunted in surprise, flailing around a bit.

“Actually, if my friends are in trouble, yes I can,” he said simply, turning back to the waitress. “Now, who did you see leaving, ma’am? “

“T-two mares,” she answered, eyeing the floating guard in surprise. “One was black and had white stripes, like a zebra. And the other was pink and carrying a blue Pegasus on her back. They went down that alley over there,” she pointed out the small gap between two large buildings before looking Silver over, “Um, who exactly are you?”

“Nopony that important, but thank you,” he said, dropping the guard and galloping off down the alley. He could hear the guard shouting for backup and picked up the pace. Shadow, Rainbow, I don’t know what you got yourselves into, but please, hang in there…

==========================================================

Shadow looked up as the orphanage once again came into view. Syra had lead her here through several twisting and turning back allies through the city, each one keeping them well out of sight of the public. She would have struck the crazed mare way before now, if she didn’t have Rainbow Dash on her back. Instead, she’d opted to remain silent for the whole walk, not making any sudden moves out of fear of Syra doing something to her marefriend.

She followed the unicorn up to the large house, stopping when Syra stopped a few feet from the porch. “Don’t tell me you actually plan to fight me in that thing; it’d be turned into nothing but woodchips,” she said.

The unicorn turned to face her, smirking broadly, “Oh no, we’re not going to fight in there. I have something far more interesting in mind.” Her horn flared to life, the magic aura wrapping around the still unconscious Rainbow Dash and floating her high up into the air. Shadow quickly put two and two together.

“Don’t you da-,“ but that was as far as she got before she watched Rainbow Dash get flung into a the highest turret on the third floor. She growled at Syra, who just kept that smirk on her face.

“What’s wrong, Shadow? I mean, now you get to rescue your braggart of a fair maiden from her prison in the tower,” the pink unicorn mocked. “Oh, but you best hurry. After all, wood has a nasty tendency to bu-“

Syra found herself cut off in mid-sentence as Shadow spread her wings and sped towards her, horn pointed down and ready to gore her in the chest. She only just managed to teleport herself out of the way, scowling at the alicorn as she skidded to a halt and turned to face her, glare still present.

“How did I even let a stupid mare like you get the upper hoof? Seriously; don’t go into a monologue about your plan to burn the building down!” Shadow growled, her horn starting to glow bright red. She aimed it at Syra, “And if you know what’s good for you, you’ll pull Rainbow Dash out of there now.”

“What, you think I’m scared of a mare who doesn’t even remember how to use her own magic?” Syra asked. She scoffed, “Please; you can spark your horn all you want, but I know for a fact that lightning spell from before was a fluke.” At seeing the shocked look on her enemies face, Syra smirked, “Face the facts Shadow; I know more about you then even you do, and I’m at a clear advantage here. You want your filly-fooling marefriend back, you’ll have to fight me. And trust me, that’s far easier said than done.”

Her response was a beam of pure magic from Shadows horn that she only just managed to block with a shield. She snarled at the mare, “Fine then; if you know so much about me, I’ll rescue Rainbow Dash and then beat what you know out of you!”

“Oh, you think so?” Syra asked her. She smirked as her horn began to glow, “Do I have to remind you about what I can do?” She watched as Shadow yelped in surprise, plugging her hooves over her ears as a high-pitched, annoying sound, akin to a nail on glass started to ring in her ears. “With my sound magic, I don’t even to move an inch and I can beat you,” she gloated, her horn glowing brighter as the noise in Shadows ears increased in volume, making her squirm around in pain. “I’ve always wondered what would happen first if I did this to you,” she said with a dark giggle, “Would you go deaf first, or just lose it after hearing such a horrible noise without rest?”

Shadow couldn’t even hear her, though. The ringing in her ears was far too loud by this point. All she could do now was writhe around in pain while Syra stood above her gloating. Sweet Celestia, this is horrible! I can barely focus with all this noise, let alone move! What am I gonna do? I have to think of something to get out of this, now and stop Syra! She got wrapped up in this because of me…” Please, gods above, help me! I can’t lose to her, I can’t let this end here without even knowing who I really am. I gotta get us both out of this, if not for me, then for Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash…

Suddenly, something sparked to life inside Shadows head

Wait a second; why in Tartarus am I just laying here!? My marefriend is in trouble! No way am I letting some crazy bitch end me here! To her surprise, she felt her body begin to tingle as the ringing her ears began to lessen in volume, allowing her to get to her hooves, eyes still closed and not allowing her to see the stunned look on Syra’s face. Don’t worry, Dash; it won’t even take a minute to deal with this foal! And with that thought she opened her eyes.

Syra was already amazed at the fact Shadow could stand with how intense she was making the noise in her ears. But the explosion that followed right after the Alicorn opened her eyes caught her totally off guard and sent her flying onto her back.

It wasn’t as big as the one that had happened to Silver, but impressive enough that it made quite the audible sound as a right red pillar of light shot up into the air. However, it dulled out and disappeared faster than Silvers, as well.

Syra groaned and looked up after the light had faded. “N-no… no way…” she mumbled, her eyes going wide. Shadow still stood in place, but suddenly looked far more impressive, decked out in a bright red cloak with a white outline. Her wings were out to their full span and her horn was glowing brightly. But her eyes seemed to hold the biggest change; they held such a fierce determination behind them they shined as if they were on fire! Syra flipped over and leapt to her hooves, “But, how… The Superior said he sealed your true magical abilities away!”

“Did he now?” Shadow asked, taking a single step forward. Syra found herself instinctively taking a step back. “Well then, if you survive the pounding I’m about to give you, you better tell him me and Silver both found the flaw in his spell.”

Syra snarled at her opponent, “And just what makes you think you’ll be able to lay a hoof on me?”

“Easy,” the Alicorn said with a smirk, “The simple fact that I remember how to fight.”

==========================================================

Silver stopped dead in the alley he found himself traversing at the moment. He’d currently been wandering, hoping that his instincts were taking him down the correct paths to wherever his close friend had been lead off to. But it seemed he’d no longer need to guess where to go.

After all, the explosion that had sent several flocks of birds into the air, along with the large pillar of red light, could only possibly come from one pony, he thought to himself with a small smile. “Hold out just a little longer, Shadow. I’ll be there soon as I can,” he said to himself, turning down the next alley he saw that lead in the direction of the explosion.

==========================================================

Syra had aimed a sonic blast at where Shadow had been standing just seconds before she disappeared, leaving only an empty crater in the ground.

Shadow had lept into the air, horn glowing brighter as the air around her started to cool drastically, the moisture around her freezing into several shards of ice. Okay, so I remember I’m best at using fire, ice, and lightning magic in battle. Well, fire and lightning are definitely out of the question here, so let’s if I can’t give her some serious frostbite! She quickly sent them flying at Syra, who put a shield around herself, the shards shattering as they hit the surface.

“You’ll have to try a lot better than that!” she taunted, jumping surprisingly high into the air behind her and landing on the first floor roof of the mansion. She sent several more blasts of sound at Shadow, but she easily maneuvered out of their way, getting an idea when she saw her foe on the roof. She quickly sent another volley of ice shards at the unicorn… only for most to fall through the roof around Syra.

Syra let her shield fall, amazed at the poor aim. However, she realized what Shadow was doing too late as she heard the surface underneath her hooves groaning. She didn’t have any time to prep a teleport spell before she found herself falling through the roof. With a loud but dull thud, she fell to the hardwood floor of the first floor. And then, without even giving her a chance to recover, Shadow sped into the open hole and scooped Syra into her front hooves, speeding straight into a wall and making it burst apart with apparent ease using the Unicorn for a shield. When they were back outside, Shadow let go of Syra, letting her tumble across the ground and come to a slow stop.

Amazingly, Syra was still conscious, groaning as she shakily tried to get to her hooves. Only to find herself get pushed back down by Shadows hoof.

The striped alicorn glared at her enemy, keeping her pinned down with a hoof, “Don’t even try getting up, you foal.” Her ears perked up as a loud groan went through the air, and she turned back to the mansion. Sure enough, the damage she had just done to the wall and roof were causing cracks to spread all over the wooden structure.

Syra looked over and chuckled weakly, coughing somewhat; it hurt to laugh, both in her chest and her throat. “Heh, typical Shadow; rushing in without much thought,” she said quietly, a dark smile crossing over her muzzle, “Congrats; you just killed your own marefriend. Unless, you decide to let me go and save her, but you better hur- gah! Ugh…” Syra’s body went limp as her head feel to the ground. Shadow brought her hoof back from her neck; that would keep her here for a while. She flared her wings and sped towards the crumbling building, rushing through the window at the top of the tallest turret.

==========================================================

Silver rounded one last corner, galloping to the opening at the end of the alleyway and rushing out, just in time for the sound of crashing and crumbling wood to reach his ears. He’d found himself on the edge of the city, looking at an incredibly old, unsafe-looking wooden building standing along on a dirt road not too far from the row of buildings that made up the edge of the business part of the city. He also noticed a pink-coated unicorn out in front of it, unconscious and looking battle-worn. Wait, pink… It didn’t take Silver long to piece two and two and two together to make six.

However, he didn’t get to see either sight for more than a few seconds before he watched the building start to crash in on itself. Without even thinking, he lit up his horn and pulled the injured mare away as a large cloud of dust rose into the air in a plume. He needed her, and besides, evil or not, she didn’t deserve to die. Please, oh please, gods above, don’t let them be hurt, don’t let them be hurt… Silver thought to himself, trying his best to see through the cloud of dust swallowing up the area. Setting the out cold unicorn down, he used his magic to try and blow as much of it away as he could, “Shadow, Rainbow Dash! Are you there!?”

“… Of course we are,” a familiar voice called out. Silver saw her outline before Shadow came into view, her cloak billowing behind her and Rainbow Dash’s limp form on her back. She gave him a small grin as he rushed up to her, “You didn’t think I was gonna let some nut job do me and Rainbow Dash in, did you? And to answer you; yes, I remembered how to fight, too.”

Silver was stunned, but only for a few seconds before he started to smile, “Well, call me crazy for worrying about my friend, but yeah, I was.” His smile dropped, however, when he saw Shadow drop her own grin at the mention of the word ‘friend’. If she thought he hadn’t noticed, she was sadly mistaken, “Shadow? What’s up?”

“Um… I’ll say later; Dash needs a hospital, now!” she quickly pointed out. She gave Silver a very quick version of what had happened, all the while the dust cloud around them starting to settle till it was much easier to see around them, though it was still somewhat as pale. “… And so now, I need to get to the hospital while you get that crazy pony-“

“Oh come on now; there’s no need for insults like that.”

Both ponies perked their ears at the new voice. They turned, easily seeing through the setting dust that Syra was now standing up. However, her horn was glowing with an odd, pulsing, blackish-purple magic, and her eyes had turned a solid, bright purple.

“That magic… that’s the same magic that hurt Wylde!” Silver gasped, stepping back a bit in shock.

“Hurt Wylde? What the hay are you talking about?” Shadow asked. However, Syra, or whoever was speaking through her… clearly this was some kind of mind-controlling spell… continued before her brother could answer.

“That’s correct, Silver. Yes, I’m the one who silenced Wylde before she could tell you anything,” the mare said. Her normal voice could still be made out, but it was being overshadowed by a much deeper, malevolent-sounding voice.

Shadow’s eyes narrowed, “So then, I take it you’re the one they were calling ‘The Superior’?”

“Of course I am, you foal!” The Superior said, making Syra’s face contort into a snarl. “You never asked such obvious questions before, you know. And yes, I knew you two. In fact, all my cohorts and I knew who you were before I made you both lose your memories.”

“Figured you were the one who did that; wanna tell us why you did that, exactly?” Silver asked.

“Why? WHY!?” The Superior asked before making Syra rear back as he laughed loudly. “Why in all Equestria would I reveal that to you two, of all ponies!? Sorry, but you’ll have to try and figure it out on your own. And don’t think my little associates will be a source of help. See, bad things tend to happen to the ones who displease me. Like poor Wylde; zapped down like a bad piece of livestock. Or unfortunate Syra, who not only went against my orders, but also went out for personal vengeance and failed in her own attempt to try and stop you, as well!”

Suddenly, The Superior stopped, his ears perking up along with Shadows and Silvers. They could hear the sound of rolling carriages and galloping hooves. “Darn, seems I have to cut this conversation short,” he said, “But, I am feeling generous today, so I’ll tell you two at least one thing before I leave you all; you don’t know it, but what I did for you both was the kindest act I could have ever performed. Take the new life I gave you and enjoy it while you can. Chasing me will just lead to more misery for you both,” The Superior finished, smirking somewhat through Syra. “And with that, I bid you both a good day. But, until we meet again, allow me to show you one last trick up my sleeve…” Syra’s eyes and horn slowly stopped glowing, and she fell to the ground.

Seconds later, Shadow and Silvers eyes both went wide as they watched the mares body begin to break down, turning into nothing more but a pile of pink-colored chips and flakes.

==========================================================

“I told you everything I know, now let me go and see my friends!” Silver said, glaring at the royal guard who was blocking his way into the red-colored double doors. He was standing in the large, white and purple waiting room of Canterot Hospital. With all the commotion Shadow’s fight had caused, it wasn’t that big a shock when a team of guards had turned up, followed quickly by an ambulance carriage, much to Shadow and Silver’s relief. However, Rainbow Dash and Shadow were now stuck in the emergency room, while Silver had been left to discuss everything he’d seen with one of the guards. After giving his very brief statement, he’d tried to go check on the other two, only to have his way blocked by the guard. And now, their argument was attracting the attention of all the other ponies in the room.

“Sir, I’m sorry but you’re not allowed to go in the Emergency Room; doctors and staff only,” the guard said, his wings spread and barring Silvers way. He was simply met by another shove from the stallion.

“Damn it, I don’t care; let me in there!” Silver growled, “That’s my best friend and her marefriend in there! I have to know if they’re gonna be okay!”

“Sir, it’s hospital rules,” the guard told him, apparently having done this kind of thing before, “Please, just have a seat and wait until the doctors come back.”

“No need for that, actually,” a familiar voice said. The guard dropped his wings and looked back to see Shadow coming out of doors, no bandages anywhere on her body. “They said there was nothing wrong with me, and I already gave your friends my statement,” she told the guard. She then turned to Silver, “He said that we should wait here.”

Silver nodded, “Of course. But… what about Rainbow Dash?” Shadow’s head dropped a bit and she shook her head, starting for a pair of empty chairs with Silver in tow.

“They… well, they said she isn’t too badly hurt; just a few cuts and bruises from when Syra surprised us,” she said as she sat, “But what’s really bad are her ears. I know I gave you the gist of everything, but I didn’t get to tell you everything. Syra, she knew some real powerful magic that dealt with sound…” Shadow then told Silver everything about how Syra had been able to manipulate sound, and just how she’d lured her into following her back to the orphanage. “And now, the doctors are saying she’s lucky she was brought here when she was. They… they’re saying that she’s not gonna be able to hear anything for a few days, and after that, she’ll be lucky if she can hear properly again,” she finished, blinking a few times, “And all because that crazy pony was after me…”

“Shadow, you know this wasn’t your fault,” Silver said, putting a hoof on your shoulder, “It was Syra’s, and that crazy Superior…”

Silver’s hoof was suddenly slapped away, Shadow looking at him with a glare, “No Silver, it was my fault! I could have acted; I could have grabbed Rainbow before Syra did! But no, I let her get taken hostage by Syra, and nothing’s gotten better! Whoever that Superior was, Silver, he turned a living, breathing mare to into a pile of ash with just his magic. Somepony’s died, Shadow, and for what? All I remember is how to fight, and… and how you and I became siblings.”

An uncomfortable silence fell between the two ponies, Silver looked at Shadow like she’d just smacked him across the face. “W-what… but, I mean… are you sure?”

“Positive… Silver, did you even recognize that building before it fell?” Shadow asked.

“What? Of course not; it was falling by the time I got there,” he answered, “Why… Oh, you mean?”

Shadow nodded slowly, “Yeah; that was where I lived for six years, until the day your family came by. It was called ‘New Road Orphanage’, and I hated it… I remember, that day you came by, it was the happiest memory I have…”

Silver was quiet for a minute, his eyes slowly going wide as he let Shadows words sink it. It was all starting to come back to him, “O-Of course… I remember now…

**********************************************************

“Now boys, you’re to be on your best behavior, understand?” the young mare asked, her sons following her down off their carriage. She was a lovely unicorn, her coat a pearly white with her mane and tail colored a pale, sandy brown, both long, flowing and looking smooth as silk. Her cutie mark finished off the look; an oyster, open and showing a single pearl inside it. Silver had inherited much from his mother; he had gotten most of their mother’s appearance while his brother looked so much like their father it was almost uncanny, having the exact same purple coat, black mane and tail, and steel grey eyes. The only thing Silver had had fully inherited from his mother was the color of her eyes; they were a jade green, and shining with excitement as he and Wander nodded.

“Yes, mommy,” they both said, starting towards the front of the orphanage with her. It wasn’t in the best state even now, but at least its paint wasn’t feeling and it wasn’t ready to fall in on itself. They stepped onto the porch and Silvers mother rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, it was answered by a dark-blue unicorn mare wearing an apron.

“Ohh, hello there!” she greeted with a smile and small bow, “Are you the mare who called us the other day?”

She nodded, “Indeed. My name is Wandering Star, and these are my two boys, Silver Soul and Shining Wanderer.” She smiled lightly, “They’re both hoping to leave here today with a new member of the family, as am I. May we come in?”

The mare nodded, “By all means, please do!” She lead the trio inside, down a dimly lit hallway and into a large, much brighter den. Sunlight streamed through the windows, fillies and colts of different ages playing with each other or with some of the few toys available. AS they did so, several other mares trotted through the room, supervising or helping to occupy some of the younger foals with simple games. However, when the dark blue mare came in and stomped a hoof on the ground, they all slowly stopped and looked up at her. “Alright everypony, we have a family here, so gather round and line up!” she called to them.

At once, all the fillies and colts started over, chatter filling the room as they gathered around in a semi-circle in front of their family. AS the noise died down and the foals stood there and smiled, Wandering Soul bent down to her sons levels, “Alright boys; who do you think looks like a nice pony to join our family?”

The brothers looked at each other, not really sure how they were supposed to even pick a single other pony to add to their family now that they were here. They had been so excited when their dad had proposed having mom take them to the orphanage to help some less-fortunate pony have a better life, but now that they were here… how did they do that?

However, before either of them could ask any kind of question, they heard a small scuffle off to the side. AS they looked, Silvers eyes widened as he saw a familiar black and white coat, it’s owner being shoved to the side by a colt beside her. “Huh? S-Shadow?” he asked, trotting over to her slowly. Wanderer followed behind him; he didn’t know Shadow as well as his brother, but the three of them had played at recess in school several times before and he liked her a fair bit, plus he knew how close Silver and her were.

“S-Silver? Wander?” she looked up at them, a bit surprised, “Y-You never said you’d be coming here!”

“Well, we didn’t know this was where you lived,” Silver said, “After all, you never told us where exactly you lived.

Wanderer nodded, “Yeah; there are so many orphanages around Canterlot, we had no clue you were at this one!”

“Oh… w-well, now you do, I guess…” she said, looking at the floor. While she did, Silver and Wanderer looked at each other for a few seconds, Silvers eyes wide and pleading while his brothers just looked on for a second. But then, after just a few seconds, Wanderer nodded.

“Alright then…” Silver turned to his mother and the other mares, who were all watching with surprised and intrigued gazes. He pointed a hoof back at Shadow and said, “We wanna bring Shadow home with us!” The young filly looked up in surprise at him, while the rest of the foals broke into surprised and discouraged mumbles.

“Huh? R-Really? You’d… You’d adopt me?” Shadow asked slowly, looking from Silver, to Wanderer, to their mother, who nodded.

“If they want to, then yes; I’d be glad to take you in if it makes my boys happy,” Wandering Soul said, smiling over at Shadow, who slowly began to smile as well.

“Well, congratulations, Shadow! Go on and get yourself ready to go,” the blue mare said, grinning at Shadow before turning to Wandering Soul, “Now, just come with me and we can fill out the paperwork…” Wandering Soul nodded, following her out as the kids slowly began to disperse once more, all glaring daggers at Shadow.

However, she wasn’t paying them any attention at the moment. She was for too busy pulling Silver and Wanderer into a tight hug, her eyes welling with tears of joy. “T-thank you… both of you, thank you…” she said quietly, staying like that with the two red-faced colts until their mother once finally came back.

**********************************************************

“I remember all of that… but… most of what’s after is a blur…” Silver said quietly. He sighed quietly, looking down at the floor, “I never really thought about family… mom, dad… I- no, we- even had a brother… And I don’t even know if they’re still around…”

“Me either…” Shadow said, just as softly as she leaned against him. “Silver… is it even worth it? Putting our friends, the ponies we care about and who’ve tried to make life better for us, through all of this? These crazy ponies and this Superior are after us, not them. Dash is in there out cold because she was with me, no other reason.” She looked up at Silver, their eyes meeting “What if somepony stronger than Wylde or Syra comes for us in Ponyville? Or the Superior, who can turn his own servants into piles of ash; what if he just says ‘buck all’ and decides to come finish us off? What are we gonna do, Sil?”

“I…” he looked away from Shadow, “I think I know... You’re right Shadow, these ponies ARE after us. And we can’t pull the others into our problems. If we wanna find our memories, we’re gonna have to leave Ponyville.”

Shadow nodded slowly, “Yeah, guess so… is it worth it, though?”

“Of course it is!” Silver said, a bit louder than intended and turning heads to them again. He lowered his voice again, “Shadow, don’t you want to learn more about who we were? Where our family is, what we did for a living, if there could be anyone out there looking for us right now? And most importantly; WHY did this Superior wipe our memories? He’s clearly got some kind of dark plan, and we had to have been trying to stop him. If he’s up to something, we have to try and remember all we can.”

“Well, yeah, I wanna remember all of that. I wanna remember everything about us!” Shadow said, sitting back up now. “But what I’m asking is, is it worth us leaving our friends? Leaving the ponies we care about?” she asked him.”

“Well, if it keeps them safe…” Silver said slowly, “Then I think so. After we get this sorted out, we can go back to Ponyville; but until then, it’ll have to be just us. We’ll stay here in Canterlot; the answers have to be here, if this is where we lived our whole lives.”

“Yeah, but… can we wait here until Rainbow wakes up and I can see her?” Shadow asked, “She deserves to hear everything. All of the girls do, but still…”

Silver nodded, “Yeah, I understand. We can wait. I’ll go send word to the others to get up here.”

“There’s no need for that.” The two ponies turned in surprise at hearing Twilight’s voice, seeing her and the others all starting over to them.

“We came to Canterlot right away when heard what Shadow and Rainbow Dash were doing,” Rarity said before either of them could ask why they were here already. “That and we knew we had to tell you the unfortunate news about Wylde… poor mare, she didn’t deserve what happened to her.” The siblings didn’t even need her to tell them what happened after hearing that. However, Pinkie Pie interrupted before Rarity could go on.

“Yeah, and when we got here we saw that this restaurant had just went ‘kablaam’!” the pink mare continued, “And then we found that somepony saw Silver running off to an old building that blew up, too! And then found out you two and Dashie rode here in an ambulance carriage, which sounded fun, but also must have meant you must not be feeling great, and so I brought you three this!” Apparently out of nowhere, Pinkie brought out a red, cross-shaped cake with the words “Feel Better Soon!” written on the front in red icing.”

“Speaking of which, um, where is Rainbow Dash?” Fluttershy asked, looking around. “I don’t think I see her around here anywhere…”

Shadow and Silver looked at each other, saying nothing for over a minute. “Guys?” Twilight asked slowly, “What’s wrong? What happened to you two and Rainbow Dash?”

Silver sighed, looking back at his friends. He and Shadow both knew what had to be said. But that wasn’t going to make this any easier. “Girls, go on and sit: we got a lot to tell you…”

Author's Note:

Well, here's the next part, finally. I'm gonna begin writing the next chapter after I finish writing up a short story for one of my friends for her birthday. It'll all be over in just a few more chapters...