• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 5,724 Views, 123 Comments

Zap Apple Jam - TheBronyRun



Twilight helps Applejack and has an awkward encounter with Big Macintosh. Things progress from there

  • ...
11
 123
 5,724

Finding Applejack

“What do we do now? I mean, the others will take it well I think, but what about your sister?” Twilight asked.

“Twilight, she’s my sister. She’s your best friend. My sister isn’t a pony who gets jealous like that.”

“…..Okay.” Twilight sighed. She was too happy to worry. Although she didn’t mean to come clean, especially this early on, it all worked out.

“Promise me you won’t tell Applejack about us unless I’m with you.”

“I promise, Twi.”

Twi…the nickname sent shivers up her spine coming from him. She walked up and hugged him. “I’m glad I told you my heart.”

“Me too.” He said and hugged her back.

***

“Let’s do it today.” Twilight said, closing her book.

It had been a week since the confession at the party, and still only two of their friends knew their secret. One of which was Pinkie Pie, who of course figured it out the moment she saw her the next day. She threatened to make another party for them, of course. And Spike knew as well. It was hard to hide it from him when Big Mac spent hours chatting to Twilight, moon eyes gleaming.

Spike wasn’t stupid. He guessed on the second day.

“You two are dating, aren’t you?” The question was more of an accusation than an actual question.

“Um…no….maybe…” Twilight stuttered, taken off guard.

“Yes.” Big Mac winked at Twilight.

“I knew it!” Spike said triumphantly.

“But don’t tell anyone, we aren’t coming out with it yet!” He said pleadingly.

He hesitated.

“That includes Rarity, Spike.” Twilight told him, suspiciously raising an eyebrow.

“My lips are sealed.” Spike gave them a thumbs up and walked into the kitchen, chuckling.

But back in the present, today was the day they planned to tell Applejack. And then they could move on to the others.However, Twilight was more than worried. She was terrified that this would come between them. It’s not that she expected Applejack to get mad or anything, but like before she was still nervous it would be awkward and damage their friendship.They walked down the dirt path to the Apple farm. The house was in sight, but as they approached there was no sign of Applejack.

“She’s probably out working the orchards.” Big Mac suggested.

Suddenly Applebloom and the other Cutie Mark Crusaders came sprinting down the path.

“Hey Twilight! Hey Big Mac!” They all said in turn.

“Hello, girls! Have you seen Applejack?” Twilight asked them.

“Nope!” and “nah.” and “Sorry, no” was there answer.

“Alright!” Big Mac said. “If you see her, tell her I’m looking for her.”

“Okay!” they said in unison, and took off into the woods toward there clubhouse.

After that, it was all tedious hours of searching. She wasn’t in the Orchard, not at the apple stand and not at the house.

“Where is that girl?” Twilight asked the world in frustration.

And then it clicked.

What if she….

Twilight suddenly ran off, startling Big Mac.

“Twilight what the-?” but he gave up and quickly followed.

They ran and ran, out of Ponyville, past her library, past Fluttershy’s shack, and into the Everfree forest.

Twilight slowed to a fast trot, nervous of being in the forest.

Big Mac took this opportunity. “Twi…why are we in the Everfree forest?”

Twilight stopped. “Because Applejack is here.” And with that she continued her fast paced trot down the worn, dark trail ignoring the noises of the foul beasts.

About ten minutes later, Big Mac realized she was right as she heard the frustrated mumbling of her sister from…where?

Twilight obviously knew.

She stepped into a clearing, leaving Big Mac behind a bush. A clear pond formed from a stream as beautiful as a mountain river. You could see fish of all kinds. There were flowers splashed here and there along the shore. Applejack was sitting, head down, obviously muttering insults about Twilight in her frustration.

“Applejack?” Twilight said softly.

“What do you want?” She replied bitterly.

“To tell you what I couldn’t say before.” Twilight said, a bead of sweat now forming.

The day of searching had gone slowly, but for some reason she never thought of how she would say this. She had to do it delicately and pray it all goes turns for the best.

But, of course, it didn’t.

Applejack’s mood changed. She looked up suddenly. Twilight, don’t. I feel like I’ve overreacted…I mean… I know I’ve overreacted. It’s your secret and I don’t know why I pressured you like that.”

“Applejack-“

“Twilight listen to me, you don’t have to-“

“Big Mac and I are dating.” Twilight blurted.

The look on her face was not possible to describe. Shock. Amazement. Confusion. She simply couldn’t process it.

“That was my secret, I loved your brother and I couldn’t say it.” Twilight admitted.

Big Mac stepped into the opening from the brush, grinning sheepishly.

Poor Applejack was losing it. She was so confused, and she couldn’t handle it. Just as Twilight began to think it was all looking up, Applejack exploded. “You’re dating?! My brother?!” She said in anger.

“Yes! What’s wrong with-“ Twilight said, taken aback.

“What’s wrong with that?! Twilight you used me!” Applejack said furiously

Wait, wait, wait, what? Used her? Twilight did nothing of the sort!

“What-I-no-how?!” Twilight sputtered in confusion.

“You got close to me so you could get close to my brother! Don’t act innocent! Twilight, your terrible!” and with that Applejack ran again, leaving Twilight and Big Mac in confusion.

Twilight just stood there, staring where Applejack had been. Big Mac stood behind her, trying to figure out what to do.

Twilight collapsed and sobbed, a heap on the ground.

“Twi…” Big Mac started.

“Leave me alone, please” She said, voice quivering.

And with that Big Mac left the pond in the Everfree Forest. He was going to have a talk with his sister.