• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 3,574 Views, 135 Comments

Pennywise - Live Light



Some ponies are afraid of clowns. There's something about them. But what is it about this clown?

  • ...
4
 135
 3,574

Visitor

"Very well," Noir Shade said to Live Light, "You can come in. I think I can bear one more story. As long as it's not too gruesome, anyway."

"Alright..." Light said, entering the room, then looking to the Mane 6, then looked sort of nervous. "Err... Where do I sit?"

"There's a seat over there," He pointed to an unoccupied seat, a bit away from the Mane 6. Light nodded, trotted over to it, and sat on it. He looked to Pinkie Pie for a bit, and gave a bit of a wave. Pinkie, still looking depressed with her mane and tail straight, gave a wave with a sad smile regardless.

"*Psst...* You know each other?" Rainbow whispered to Pinkie.

"I'll tell you all about it later," she replied.

"Okay, Live Light, tell me about yourself," Noir began, taking a notepad out of his jacket, "Where do you live?"

"Well... I live in a bit of a bleak house, with my adopted son, 7 years old." He replied.

"Married?"

"No."

"And how long have you been in the house?"

"...Few years, give or take."

"Anything you used to do?"

"Well... I used to help Pinkie Pie with some of her parties. That's... pretty much it."

"He's a writer, too." Pinkie Pie added.

"...Yeah, and that." Light nodded.

"Alright then..." Noir said, after noting all that down. "So... want to share what happened?"

-----Point of View: Live Light-----

Alright. So, I was writing down notes about a novel idea I'd finally come up with. 'The Impossible Corpse.' Basically, it's about a sort of corpse... belonging to a murderer... and it doesn't decompose. Still working on it. Anyway, I was writing down notes for that. My adopted son, Tyler, entered the room.

"Dad, I'm gonna go to sleep now," he informed me, "Goodnight."

"'Night, Tyler." I replied, smiling and nodding to him. He went to his room, to go sleep.

After finishing with the notes, I decided I'd call it a night. I was currently upstairs in the house, and my bed happened to be in the same room as my workplace. I walked over to it, and threw the covers over the bed. I decided to check how dark it was outside, so I walked over to the window, and opened the curtains. It was really dark, it seemed, because I couldn't see anything out there. Just blackness.

I thought about it for a while, and thought that while it was possible, that's never happened to me before. I got a flashlight, and shined it on the window. It turned to a lighter shade, and from that, it seemed as if the colour was moving... I tapped at the window with my hoof.

It wasn't that it was really dark, it was that it was covered by things... things that I don't like at all.

And those things were hornets.

I don't remember there being hornets in Ponyville. Although, that's probably because I hardly ever go outside. After I had tapped the window, the hornets buzzed off of the window momentarily, where I could see the rest of Ponyville, and it was indeed dark, but not as dark as the hornets made me think.

To be exact, it's not just hornets that frighten me. It's really any small thing that has the capabilities of stinging. That's why I try to stay away from bees, wasps, hornets, crabs, I even think that the spiders that don't bite are gonna bite me. It's always the small things.

It was a really disgusting sight, seeing all those hornets at once. And now, after I had disturbed them, they were throwing themselves at the window, apparently trying to break it. I quickly covered the windows with the curtains, hoping they'd forget about it and move away.

Well, they stopped attacking the window at least. I decided to take a moment to look outside again. It was a natural darkness for Ponyville. The hornets seemed to have cleared off rather quickly...

I heard Tyler yell in fear, and his hoofsteps were getting closer to my room. I waited until he entered the door, then I quickly threw myself at the door and tried to keep it closed, as if the hornets were trying to get through again.

"Tyler... what's wrong? Hornets?" I asked, assuming they were really there.

"N-no... well, kind of... there's a giant insect creature trying to get me."

I just blinked. I wasn't sure if it was worth believing him, the only strange thing with this situation is that hornets don't usually entirely cover windows.

I heard a heavy knock at the door. I yelped. I looked through the door's peep-hole. ...There was... a giant hornet... and it was standing on hind legs... and it looked ready to kill.

"...Tyler..." I whispered, my voice shaking, "Go hide in the closet... everything's gonna be okay..."

He nodded, and quietly went to hide in the closet.

After a few minutes, I looked through the peephole again...

It was gone...

I didn't hear any hoof- ...Footsteps in this case.

I stopped leaning at the door, and stood in front of it. I inhaled, then slowly turned the knob to open it. When I opened it, there was a clown standing there. The one mentioned in the circus. He wasn't grinning at me, not even smiling. He just looked at me with a blank expression, almost one of disappointment.

I stared at Pennywise for a moment. I thought for a moment he was just waiting to see if I'd react before he tried to cannibalize me or something.

And then he just started talking about things.

"You know... I never meant to go here." He told me.

I narrowed an eye in confusion. Did he mean he didn't mean to go to my house or to go to Ponyville?

"To be honest, I would have preferred much if I'd kept my original template," He continued. "Switching from hind to equine is a little uncomfortable."

And now I was just pretty sure he was delusional.

"You don't have to think me delusional," He said, as if reading my mind, "It's merely predator's instinct." He grinned as he said this.

"Your fear of stings... gave me a lot of time to think of how to use it... nice one."

"...You..." I began, "released the hornets?"

"Oh, sure. And I released the giant hornet man," he said with obvious sarcasm in that creepy voice.

"Look behind you." He said suddenly. I'm not sure why I did... but I looked behind me. I saw nothing out of the ordinary. I looked back, and there was a big balloon in front of me. It popped. And... I had a really bloody coat after that. Pennywise cackled maniacally at this.

"Made you look!" I just got mad and punched him in the face... and... well... I actually hit him, and he fell back, not moving. I backed away. And I closed the door. I looked through the peephole.

He disappeared. That's never a good sign.

I heard my notepad's pages flickering. I took a look at it. I then looked at a picture of the place-holder character I put in some pages.

I like to call this character Mr. Hop. It's a little cute bunny. If I can never think of a good novel idea, I always make a story about Mr. Hop, and his innocent way of life, and all the people he meets. Although, they're usually too short for my liking, or too happy for my taste.

Well, he seemed to have animated himself, hopping around happily. Then a clown drawing, resembling Pennywise... as one of those fictional creatures, called humans, enters the picture, and his drawing becomes deformed until he turned into some sort of Timber-Wolf, and viciously eats the innocent fictional rabbit. Animated blood comes out... and it turns into real blood, leaking out of the notepad. I watched in horror as my sign of innocence got mauled and devoured.

After the remains are all eaten, the Timber-Wolf turns back into human-Pennywise, rubbing what I presume is his stomach, then looking at me, grinning maliciously. He starts to walk towards me, as if the drawing were really a camera, but stops when you could only see his head and his apparent shoulders. He starts to apparently write something, then sticks it in front of him, effectively replacing the picture I drew of Mr. Hop with the following letters...

'I.O.U'

I look out the window, and see him walking away, in pony form. He looks directly at me, and waves, before walking off, nopony apparently noticing him.

-----

"And... that... is my story." Light finished.

Twilight looked skeptical, yet worried. Rainbow Dash looked confused. Rarity looked unnerved. Applejack looked uncomfortable. Pinkie Pie looked extremely worried. Fluttershy had her hoof to her mouth, looking worried and sympathetic.

"So... he's a shape-shifter then," Noir decided.

"...Wait, what?" Light asked.

"He probably as the ability to change form," Noir replied, "He didn't send the hornets, or the mutated hornet. He was probably the hornets the whole time. He was practically demonstrating this to you in your notepad."

"But... why?" Light enquired, confused.

"Remember how he'd written I.O.U? My guess is that he decided that he wasn't finished with you. Obviously, he's finished with no one, but he has something very special in store for you. And before you ask, I'm not sure."

Light looked extremely uncomfortable at this notion.

"...Well... what now?"

"I think you and your son should be moved to another pony's house," Noir replied, "At least until we can figure out his... IT's motives."

"Oh... okay." Light reluctantly agreed. "Err... so... Pinkie, should I go with you?"

"No... I'd like to be alone for now... If you understand anyway..." She replied.

"Yeah... who should I stay with though?"

"Well... maybe Fluttershy could take you." She suggested.

"...Okay."

"U-um... are y-you alright with that?" Fluttershy asked.

"...I guess. Are you?" Light asked her.

"Oh, I-i don't mind."

"...Okay then."

-----

End of Chapter...