• Published 22nd Oct 2012
  • 1,077 Views, 41 Comments

Skyfall: The Crusaders - sister_mike



Everyone is trapped in an ageless sleep, except for the CMC.

  • ...
8
 41
 1,077

Prologue

Prologue

It was hard to believe that thirteen years had passed, thirteen years since the great terrible that had happened not only in Peoplesville, but over all of Earthica.

Earthica was in a frozen state; frozen in time. No one could move, no one could speak, and no one aged—no one except the three that survived.

They couldn't explain why they had survived; they didn't even fully remember themselves what had happened. All that they knew was that their friends and family were frozen and that there was no way to break the spell.

The day had been as ordinary as any other. One of the survivors was holding a club meeting for the Winged that she admired so much; another was helping her sister and brother on their farm; and the last was trying her hardest not to annoy her sister while she worked on her latest fashions.

Without warning, the sun was blocked and the Elements of Harmony had been called upon to save all of Earthica. The princesses Celestia and Luna defeated, the fate of Earthica rest in the Element bearers hands.

Meeting in the town centre, they faced off with the terrible force with all their might; but it was in vain. Just when they thought they had won, in an attempt to save itself and still punish Earthica, the great power cast a curse across the land.

Time froze. Crystal barriers surrounded every human and froze them in their current states. The princesses' fates were unknown. And the powerful evil vanished without a trace.

Three young girls managed to survive. They went to the town square and saw their saviours trapped in time. They tried everything their young minds could think of to wake them up, break them from within the crystals' hold. The young Magik tried simple spells her sister had taught her, but all failed; the young Original tried using tools from her farm in order to set her family free, but none of them worked; and the young Winged just tried to keep it together.

Scared and alone, the young three slept many days and nights outside, under the stars, beside their trapped heroines. They stayed together, never straying one another's side for an instant; for all they knew, they were the last three humans conscious.

It wasn't until a week later that another survivor emerged. She came from within the Everfree Forest, confused and unscathed. She had had no idea of the great terrible force or the frozen status of the world. Putting her arms around the young three, she took them into her care and back to her hut in the forest.

Together, they looked through her books and spells, trying to find a cure, but nothing could be found. The world remained frozen in time, the force unknown and vanished, and the princesses missing.

Thirteen years had now passed, and although Earthica stood in a frozen state, the young three and their mentor continued to age and grow.

Back then they had called themselves The Creative-Mark Crusaders, the CMC; now they were just The Crusaders.