• Published 20th Oct 2012
  • 1,160 Views, 35 Comments

Pinkie Pie Nuzlockes Through Kanto! - DarkAura



Join Pinkie in her epic quest against the Kanto region during Nuzlocke season (Crossover!)

  • ...
2
 35
 1,160

... Angel? Are You Sleeping?

Pinkie stood right at the edge of Viridian City, having only taken ten minutes to get through route one.

"Route one wasn't that super long, last time I remember it!" Pinkie frowned.

"Whadya expect? That's the standard size for routes." said Gummy.

She sighed. "Everything's just going really really weird!"

"How so?"

"Nopony's staying on script, the routes are longer, and I'm not a super itty bitty sprite thing!"

"... The hay are you smoking?"

"I'm not smoking anything! Why's everypony thinking that?" She stomped her hoof in frustration, then sighed. In a split second, her attitude turned perky so fast, it was scary. "Oh well, might as well have lots and lots more fun! And you know what reeeeally fun? Battling wild Pokemon! I really really wanna train you guys!"

Pinkie, Gummy, and Angel turned back to Route one, where a Rattata appeared. "Oooooh, let's catch it!" She said as she chucked a Pokeball at it. Much to her surprise, the Pokeball bounced off of the Rattata. "Huh? Meh, it doesn't matter! Let's faint it!"

"I'll do that, Pinkie. I'm only level two, you know. I need that training." He set his talons firmly on the ground as the Rattata sneered. "C'mon, I can take y-" It came so fast, he didn't even notice it until it was too late. The unexpected Tackle attack blew Angel twenty feet to a tree, which produced a loud SMACK. After two seconds, which seemed like forever, he slumped to the ground. He didn't move again.

"Holy-... Oh god, Angel?"

"Oh don't worry, ya little worryfilly! Angel's just sleeping!" Pinkie said, oblivious.

In two seconds, Gummy fainted the Rattata, and the two of them walked towards Angel. Pinkie bent down and lightly shoved at his slumped shoulders. "C'mon buddy, we gotta get going!" No reply. "I said come one, time's a'wastin'!" Still no reply. "... Angel? Are you sleeping?"

"Pinkie... He's not sleeping..."

"S-So... he's napping, right?"

"Uh... y-yes... He's in the middle of a very long nap... One that'll last forever."

"B-But..." She stomped her hoof on the tree right above Angel's body and cried. "H-HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO DIE! T-This is Pokemon... Pokemon only faint... Not..." She didn't have the heart to say that word.

"Wait... Do you... Do you /not/ know about Nuzlocke Season?"

"W-What's that?"

"It's like hunting season, except Nuzlocke Season's where Pokemon die instead of faint, and Pokeballs only work on the first Pokemon of each route. That's why you couldn't catch the Rattata..."

Unusually, she didn't say a word. Her tear filled eyes turned to Angel's corpse, and she nearly cried even more. Shakily, she stood up and carefully carried the body a few feet away from where it was originally. She then dug a hole with her hooves, and then brought the body in the hole, where she put the dirt back on.

Gummy put a hand to Pinkie's shoulder. "If it's any consolation, he would've appriciated the burial."

Pinkie nodded and tried to smile, but a quivering frown was overwhelming it. "I... I hope..."

The two of them headed for the Pokemon Center and stayed there for the night.




(A/N: First death, and Pinkie has to cope with Nuzlocke season. Hope you guys like Chapter 4!)