• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 855 Views, 8 Comments

Elements - Lyra-Chan



Rainbow Dash is an ordinary pegasus, but Princess Celestia has different plans for her life...

  • ...
5
 8
 855

Live from Canterlot

In the heat of the early morn, I walk slowly to the hall, saying hello to Shining Armor and his friend guarding the room, and step into the room, wondering aimlessly what the call was for. Canterlot was such a long way from Ponyville, so the call must be very important. I take one step and clear my throat. But before I can speak, she starts in.

“Rainbow Dash, I have a very special assignment for you,” Princess Celestia regally registered .

“Yes, Princess?” I bowed before her, ready to do almost anything.

“The pest of a pony, Derpy Hooves, needs to be ab-- or rather... Discarded from our kingdom,” The look in her calming violet eyes shocked me. The words from her mouth were serious. Her eyes pleaded hopefully. I looked up to her questionably. I was pretty sure she was just kidding, or that she was just testing my loyalty.

“P-princess? Why would you... Want to... K-kill Derpy?” I asked timidly

She started softly laughing. She stepped forward and playfully pawed her hoof at the marble floor. She looked down on to my trembling body, with hopeful sparks flickering in her eyes. I had grown up in Cloudsdale with Derpy since I was a little filly. Yeah. She wasn’t perfect. She was a klutz, she broke things constantly. She said things she shouldn’t have. But she cared so much. She has a family, even at her yound age, and she has so much life ahead of her. She was perfect in her own way.

“Why wouldn’t I want to abolish that ridiculous pony? She reminds me of that mutt Discord!” She said this in between snorts of laughter. I started thinking, “Isn’t Discord evil? Didn’t he pit my friends and I against each other?” I then realize what Celestia really was. Celestia really hated anypony who was an individual.

“I-I’m sorry Princess... I-I just can’t do that!” I gasped out. She snorted back with protest, thinking I was joking about the matter. Her eyes turned into sparks of red, blue, and violet. The air shifted, and the humid air turned icy cold. My breath was misting before me. I started shivering as she rose above me in her queenly furor, her vicious voice started to raise into the fearful Royal Canterlot Speech. Her royal guards ran out of the room, knowing what was to happen. Shining Armor looked back, hoping in some way that maybe he could help me. I looked him in the eyes for help. He nodded and turned away. As he did a tear fell to the floor. They left right on time. As soon as the heavy doors shut close, she started to rise above me, letting the wind whip my rainbow mane around. Lightning speckled and crashed around me. Colorful flames started to eat at the quad-colored mane.I shrunk back, making myself as small as possible.

“Do you dare disobey me, Rainbow Dash?” She started booming, her eyes wild with angering violet flames, “How dare you insult your princess this way! Do I not allow you to live joyously in Ponyville? Did I not specifically choose you and your friends as the keepers of the Elements of Harmony?!” She rose her hooves up, and smashed them down harshly on the cold stone floor, breaking it into a million pieces. The wind was whipping her mane to and fro. It was terrifying. Her horn lighted up, she started to cast a spell on me. To kill me.



But instead I was in the Everfree Forest.