• Published 8th May 2024
  • 318 Views, 26 Comments

Deadly Nightshade - EGO_

  • ...
0
 26
 318

Mother

Luna’s perspective:

It was clear who the favorite was,
leaving one out to be painted as the villain everywhere we had went.
Tia was always the center of attention. Over the years, waiting for something to change, one had enough of the torment while they all basked in her precious glory.
Not only with our subjects, but with our parents, Tia was the favorite.
Our parents adored her, like a trophy from a contest.
One was scarlet with rage,
envy overtaking us.
One’s anger, heat.
One’s sadness, a river.

The topic of our parents was such a crucial matter. Especially our mother, who made sure that one did know her disgusting feelings towards oneself. Nothing about our mothers treatment towards us was never considered ‘good parenting’ by any means.
Sadness is a drug. It takes you away from reality, making you see it in a new way.
And mother made sure to introduce us to that drug. One was caught in an ocean of fear, the aggressive waves, being a gust of abuse that crashed against me.
How did mother expect one to never fight back? As a filly, one would kick and scream and frail around when getting close to anyone, especially the Mother Mary she demon!
That mare, one has never trusted.
Mother had always favored Celestia over oneself.
She also took her stress on me, in secret, when no pony was around.
One understood her role as Equestria’s then ruler.
But did it really mean she had to take her emotions out on her younger filly?
Happiness is always shallow;
sadness, always deep.
Wherever was the room to smile at?

We longed for a sense of belonging,
a feeling of being loved and appreciated for who we were.
The favoritism that Tia received only served to deepen the divide between us, creating a rift that seemed impossible to bridge. We yearned for a sense of equality, for a chance to shine in our own right, without constantly being overshadowed by Tia's radiance.
Despite the challenges we faced, we knew that we had to find a way to break free from the chains of favoritism and abuse that bound us.
We needed to find our own voice,
to stand up for ourselves and demand the respect that we deserved.
We needed to find the strength within ourselves to overcome the darkness that threatened to consume us.

After all these eternal years, we can still recall the screams of our mothers voice.
Her broken, pathetic, wining about how one cannot do anything correctly.
The memories broke us into sobs.
How could some pony be so cold to their filly? Being around that monster me one feel insecure, as if nothing we done was ever truly worth it.

Ones jealousy towards our dear sister remains constant,
in control of ones mind, terrorizing and destroying our relationship.
Ones envy to be like our dear sister, in the spotlight, loved and adored by many out there. At least, that was how Nightmare Moon was formed. She is our hate, our rage, our self loathing.
.
.
.