• Published 16th Apr 2024
  • 99 Views, 1 Comments

Spike the Brave and Glorious - Troyjan



Rarity gets captured by a gang of old enemies of hers. Spike sets out on his quest to save Lady Rarity on his own.

  • ...
 1
 99

Spike the Brave and Glorious

The magical aura around Spike shined brighter, completely obscuring his features. From the light, Spike’s silhouette became visible. His small, stout physique began to rapidly grow. He became significantly taller, his neck and limbs grew longer, and his wings spread out to his sides. The bright light quickly faded, revealing Spike’s new form. He had large, veiny muscles throughout his entire body, spanning from his calves, to his abdominals, to his pectorals. Spike’s wings had more than tripled in length, and his long flexible tail was covered with sharp, green spurs. The claws on Spike’s his feet and arms were significantly longer and sharper. The bottom of Spike’s face had formed into a distinctly chiseled jawline. From his lengthened maw, where Spike’s pearl white teeth had formed into a confident grin. Every single part of Spike was bigger.

Upon Spike’s magical glow up, a particular tune began to play. The melody did not come from any instrument or device, but was being magically manifested from Spike’s body. Anyone who was familiar with the term giga-Chad, would know exactly what this tune was.

“That ought to even things up a bit,” said Spike the Brave and Glorious, in a deep, handsome voice. A voice that would woo even the most modest females of any species, in all of Equestria.

“How did he do that?!,” asked Fido.

“What kind of magic is this?!,” questioned Spot.

“Whatever the dragon did, we can still take him!,” asserted Rover.

“Oh, I wouldn’t be sure about that,” boasted Spike the Brave and Glorious, stepping forward, flexing his now bulging muscles. “I doubt you three are a match for me now.”

“There are still three of us, and one of you. You were easily bested once, and we can do it again,” said Rover. “Diamond dogs, attack!”

Rover, Fido, and Spot split away from each other, and then rapidly homed in on their target. Rover leaped in the air with his jaws open, as Fido and Spot rushed towards the sides. With one easy motion from his arms, Spike the Brave and Glorious deflected Rover, sending him tumbling onto the ground behind him. With as single kick, Fido grunted and fell backwards. With a sweep of his tail, Spot was knocked off his paws. Charging back around from the rear, Rover sprinted towards his foe on all fours at full speed. Spike the Brave and Glorious quickly turned around, and punched down towards Rover, before the diamond dog could attack. He then suddenly felt something latch on the scales on his shoulder. Spike the Brave and Glorious turned his head to see Spot latched onto his arm, clawing and biting away at his scales. At the same time, Fido tackled him from the hips. Keeping his balance, Spike the Brave and Glorious effortlessly flung Spot away, and into a nearby tree, while pushing back against Fido. With all his strength, Spike the Brave and Glorious lifted Fido up, fell backwards, and then hurled him backwards into a nearby boulder. Spike the Brave and Glorious heard growling as Rover rushed toward him again. He just smiled arrogantly back, already knowing what to do next.

The three diamond dogs skirmished with Spike the Brave and Glorious for a few intense minutes, not giving up their attack. While the three diamond dogs suffered several serious blows, they could hardly deal any meaningful damage back. In one last assault, all three diamond dogs surrounded the dragon and charged forward in unison. Spike the Brave and Glorious repelled Fido and Spot backwards with two quick motions. However, in that brief moment, Rover had the opportunity he needed. He swiped his clawed forepaw downwards with all his strength the motion tearing through the scales on the chest of Spike the Brave and Glorious. There was a moment of silence as the dragon remained completely still, looking at the fresh scratch on his chest. A tiny trickle of his new draconic blood dripped onto the grass beneath his feet. Rover, Fido, and Spot stood up tall, taking a defensive stance, and waiting for the dragon’s next move.

“I’ve got admit, that one hurt,” said Spike the Brave and Glorious calmly. “I’d say it is about time that I ended this little brawl.”

Immediately, Spike the Brave and Glorious let out a rapid barrage of punches, wailing the three diamond dogs in rapid succession. Then, he grabbed Rover, and crushed him tightly against his own torso. Spike the Brave and Glorious began flapping his large wings, and took off into the sky as fast as he could. Just as quickly as he came up, Spike the Brave and Glorious fell back down towards the ground, Rover held beneath him in his claws. Spot and Fido could hardly move before Rover and Spike impacted the ground besides them. When the dust settled, Rover laid dazed in the small crater that had formed from the impact.

“Had enough yet,” taunted Spike the Brave and Glorious.

Spot and Fido got back up on their paws, and lifted Rover up. Upon regaining focus, Rover snarled. “Just you wait!,” warned Rover, as he reached into his shirt. He took out a small, narrow whistle, held it to his maw, and blew a high pitched sound.

Just seconds later, there were several disturbances from the ground. The disturbances became more intense, with bits of dirt being spewed about. Suddenly, six more diamond dogs emerged from the ground. All six of them were lowly workers. The six new attackers surrounded Spike, and glared at him with dark, beaty, yellow eyes. “How do you like that?!,” spat Rover.

“Perhaps your dogs could provide me a challenge,” boasted Spike the Brave and Glorious.

“Diamond dogs, attack!!,” commanded Rover, Fido, and Spot in unison.

As commanded, the six terranean canines swarmed Spike, attempting to claw and bite through his scales. Spike the Brave and Glorious kept his composure, and remained calm and balanced during the next wave of attacks. While it took significantly more effort to fight twice as many fresh opponents all at once, he managed to stay ahead in the skirmish. Once he gained the advantage and found an opportunity, Spike the Brave and Glorious leaped into the air, and began flying. Utilizing his advantage of flight, Spike the Brave and Glorious took a deep breath, and unleashed a massive wave of fire. The diamond dogs workers scrambled to avoid the spewing hot flames, which burned hotter than any other fire they had ever experienced before. Spike the Brave and Glorious landed back on the ground in front of Rover, Fido, and Spot, as the six other diamond dogs cowered and whimpered behind them.

“Is that all you got?,” asked Spike the Brave and Glorious, in a brazenly confident tone. While he had received a few more cuts and bruises on his scales, he still hardly seemed phased.

Rover growled in frustration. “There are plenty more of us than this!,” warned Rover.

“Oh really? Do you honestly think that even ten more of you could stop me?,” asked Spike the Brave and Glorious, crossing his arms.

“That’s it, it’s time to time to call in some warriors!,” shouted Rover. Once again, Rover took out his whistle. He leaned over one of the holes in the ground that the diamond dog workers had made, and then blew a specific signal through his whistle.

The ground beneath Spike’s claws began to tremble again, far more intensely than before. Just seconds later, eleven hairy, hulking canines emerged from the holes. Their large and heavy frames landed on the ground with a collective thump. These diamond dogs were no mere workers, but the diamond dog guards that watched over their caves and protected them from intruders. All eleven guards were equipped with steel helmets over their heads, steel armor covering their bodies, and holding either a pike or spear. All eleven of the guards surrounded their target, pointing their weapons directly at Spike the Brave and Glorious.

Spike the Brave and Glorious loudly cracked his knuckles, and then cracked his neck. “About time you dogs started getting serious. Just like those before you, you too will fall. I will be triumphant once more, and then I will go save Lady Rarity, or my name is not-”

Spike the Brave and Glorious was immediately interrupted by a loud magical blast that enveloped his entire body, shrouding him in a cloud of white smoke. The magically sourced tune that had been emanating from his body had ceased. The smoke quickly cleared, revealing a young, small, and stout dragon with the same color scales, and a soft underbelly.

Spike began to frantically look around him, trying to figure out what just happened. The potion he concocted and drank to transform himself apparently did not last nearly as long as he thought it would. “Aww Crap,” Spike exclaimed defeatedly.

Author's Note:

In case you did not guess it, the song emanating from Spike the Brave and Glorious is song referred to as "gigachad theme". The original song is titled "Can You Fell My Heart", from the band "Bring Me The Horizon", and was remixed by the youtuber "g3ox_em". This song was often used in memes for a short while. If you still don't know what the song is, it can easily be found on youtube.com.