• Published 5th Mar 2024
  • 548 Views, 39 Comments

Transformers: Iron Hearts - autobotfan15



Soldiers of steel awaken in a new world only for their war to continue.

  • ...
4
 39
 548

Chapter 6: Win and Lose

Author's Note:

Warning: Character death in Chapter
Sorry for the wait work has been stressful and life.

Decepticon Fortress - Later That Morning


Tempest Shadow wandered around the fortress being mindful of the Decepticons and making sure she didn’t get in their way. She rounded a corner and there, by a large doorway was Grubber. The little pug-faced hedgehog looked concerned as it looked like he was trying to listen in on some conversation. Tempest, feeling confused and concerned, walked over to him. “What are you-”

Grubber immediately turned to her and put a finger to her mouth. “Shhhh.”

Tempest went silent and attempted to peer into the room. There was Megatron looking down at two locomotives. One was big, purple and had eight big drive wheels. The other was small, green, and had a bigger plow on the front. Megatron grinned as he began talking. “This will be the greatest advantage in my grand scheme. Tempest supplied us with more than enough information we can use to conquer this world and build an even stronger empire.”

Tempest’s eyes widened. She thought Megatron was good. Megatron looked down at the purple locomotive. “You Astrotrain will be having the biggest role and leading the train of our kind to Manehattan where we will have control over much of the nation’s infrastructure,” Megatron said before turning to the Green locomotive. “And you Bonecrusher will lead your Constructicon train and build us a path as well as our new infrastructure.”

Both locomotives transformed and bowed to their leader. “Yes Lord Megatron,” they both said in unison.

“That Tempest Shadow was useful to me and now she will have to make a choice. Forever be an outcast of her people as an unforgivable soul or remain with me and live to be my obedient pet,” Megatron grinned.

“And what about the Autobots?” Astrotrain asked.

“With our weapons, our plans, and information supplied by Tempest and Shockwave, we have a higher chance at Victory,” Megatron said before letting out a dark chuckle.

Tempest and Grubber attempted to step back only for Grubber to trip and let out a yelp. Megatron immediately stopped laughing and turned to the room entrance. “Who's there?”

Tempest helped Grubber up and attempted to run only to suddenly bump into Soundwave’s leg. Soundwave looked down. “Alert, We’ve been compromised.”

Grubber and Tempest started to run away, passing Megatron as he stepped out of the room. Soundwave then pressed a button on his shoulder and his chest opened. “Ravage, Laserbeak, eject! Operation: Security Breach!”

Two strange looking cassette tapes popped out only to transform into a bird and a panther. Ravage immediately leaped into the air and pinned Grubber to the ground. Laserbeak nearly caught Tempest but the broken horned unicorn shot a beam at him forcing him to crash land.

Tempest ran but looked back only to see Megatron pick up Grubber. He pointed his arm cannon at the hedgehog. “Stop right there Tempest.”

Tempest immediately stopped and turned to the Decepticon leader, her horn glowing bright. “Let him go!”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. He’s seen too much, you both have,” Megatron said darkly.

Tempest’s horn stopped glowing as she sighed and looked up to Megatron. “What do you want?”

“Only for you to continue serving me and I’ll…consider sparing your eavesdropping friend,” Megatron said.

“She won't listen to your orders!” Grubber shouted. But that earned him getting a tighter squeeze in Megatron’s fist. Grubber screamed as he felt the pressure increase.

“No! Let him go! I'll do anything,” Tempest pleaded.

Megatron grinned. “I knew you’d see it my way,” he said as his cannon glowed and pointed at the frightened Grubber. “But assurances have to be made.”

Tempest once again looked up in fear. “No! You said you would-”

“I said I would consider sparing. You really should learn to listen,” Megatron said as his cannon fired.

Grubber shrieked as his body was reduced to nothing but ashes. Tempest watched as his ashes fell to the ground like snow. Her emotions were now filling up with one thing and that was rage. Her horn glowed brighter than before as she fired a beam at Megatron knocking him off his feet. Tempest then turned and ran. Megatron groaned as he got up and saw the unicorn running. “All Decepticons find Tempest and eradicate her!”

The entire fortress was on high alert as the many Decepticons searched all over for Tempest. Fortunately Tempest Shadow knew every in and out of the place since it was previously the Storm King’s so she was able to hide in many small places. Of course she was nearly caught a few times but she was able to evade and eventually escape.

All Tempest could do was run. She found herself a good distance away and stopped to catch her breath. Now that she was gone all she could do was think. Soon the thought of Grubber came to her mind. Her sidekick and friend was gone. A tear started to slither down her face. “What have I done?” she silently asked herself.

Suddenly the sound of a jet came to her ears and she perked up in fear as she saw a familiar aircraft hovering in front of her. She recognized the colors and knew it was Starscream. Tempest was about to fire a beam when Starscream spoke. “One day Tempest you will come to your senses and soon know when it will be time to decide who your loyalty lies with.”

Tempest looked up in confusion. “Between Megatron and my friend Twilight Sparkle?”

“No, Between Megatron and me,” said Starscream.

Tempest was surprised by this. Starscream then started hovering around her as if he was taunting her. “I think it’s best for you to consider your options. Let’s face it, Equestria will never allow you into their society. The number of friends you have doesn’t come close to the number of ponies and other species that hate you.”

Tempest just sat on her haunches listening to the seeker. “Besides, Megatron is foolish to even consider a direct attack without proper planning. If I were you I would think long and hard about this.”

There was a long pause before Starscream continued. “You better start thinking because the things we have planned for this world will happen sooner than you think,” he finished before flying away leaving Tempest alone with her thoughts. She really did have a lot to think about.


Somewhere Not far from Mount Aris - An Hour Later


A royal chariot being pulled by two pegasi in armor landed near the track construction site. The ponies on board stepped out. The many workers stopped and bowed to the royal sisters. Are you sure this was a good idea Luna?” Celestia asked her sister.

“Yes the dreams have gotten stronger and I have a feeling we may find the source besides,” she then pointed to the yellow locomotive ahead of the train. “That is one peculiar looking locomotive.”

The two sisters approached the locomotive only to find Applejack not only near it but she appeared to be oiling the pistons. Applejack turned and bowed to the royals. “Howdy there your majesties.”

“And a good morning to you too, Applejack,” began Celestia. “I can see the construction here has picked up speed.”

“Tell us, this wouldn’t happen to have anything to do with strange occurrences around this area would it?” Luna asked.

“You might say that but did Twilight give you any information about the big reason why?”

“No, she said it would be better for us to see it,” Celestia said.

“Well in that case I’d be happy to show you but it would have to wait until lunch time,” Applejack said as she went back to oiling the pistons.

“Very well,” Celestia said as she and her sister turned and walked back to talk to the other workers.

A while later Applejack called for a lunch break. As the workers went inside the other train the royal sisters approached Applejack again. Only to see her still standing by the yellow machine. “Aren’t you going to eat Applejack?” Luna asked.

“We’re going to be having lunch with some new friends somewhere else,” Applejack said as she turned to the locomotive. “Care to escort us ladies to your pals Bumblebee?”

Before the two princesses could ask who she was talking to, the engine began changing and there stood Bumblebee. He turned and bowed. “Pleased to meet you, your majesties,” he said.

Both alicorns stood there speechless for a moment as they looked up to the scout known as Bumblebee. “What are you?” asked Luna.

“I’m a Cybertronian, more specifically an Autobot. Name’s Bumblebee by the way,” he explained.

“How long have you been in our world?” asked Luna.

“I would say centuries, we’ve only woken up recently,” Bumblebee explained. “And so have our enemies.”

Luna blinked as she took in the information. “Woken up? So that dream energy I felt was from you and- wait we? Enemies?”

“There are more of them in an old space ship a couple miles back. We can take you to meet their leader,” Applejack said.

Celestia was silent for a moment but soon regained her composure and looked down at Applejack. “I can safely assume these beings are friendly?” Celestia asked.

Applejack nodded and started walking. “We can explain later. Right now I think it best you learn more from our other new friend Optimus Prime.”


Autobot Ark - Around the same time


Optimus Prime walked around the Ark down a hallway. He was tired from his attempts at helping Hoist and Grapple fix the communication systems. As he passed by a door he heard voices and stopped and put his head near the door so he could listen. “This is incredible! Maybe this would turn the tide of the war,” said the voice of Wheeljack.

“Yes, we are lucky to have found this and to have you on our side now,” Said the voice of Perceptor.

“It was all thanks to my own space bridge and interstellar drones that managed to make this project happen yet it would not be logical to expect no flaws upon completion,” Shockwave said.

Optimus immediately pushed a button and opened the door causing the three Cybertronian scientists to jump and turn to the door. Inside the room the three were working with tools around the glowing green cylinder. “What are you three doing?”

“Optimus, Shockwave explained to us his project and we thought we could help him complete it. You won’t believe this, it's a super soldier project,” Wheeljack explained with enthusiasm.

Optimus sighed and facepalmed. “I expect this from you Wheeljack but you Perceptor? While I appreciate you two willing to give Shockwave a chance and willing to make something to help us win the war, I can’t allow a project of this scale to happen without my knowledge.”

“Forgive us Optimus,” began Perceptor. “But I carefully analyzed this project since Shockwave’s explanation and well given our resources I felt we had to take the chance, besides the ability to make like without the Well of All Sparks is a breakthrough to preventing our extinction.”

“Fine, fine, I’ll allow this to continue but if this super soldier becomes a problem I don’t want any casualties,” Optimus said sternly as he looked at Shockwave.

“I promise you Optimus, the super soldier will be neutralized should it become a problem,” Shockwave said.

“Optimus Prime, your presence is requested at the entrance. The rulers of the Equestrian nation have arrived,” came the voice of Prowl on a speaker.

Optimus took one final look at the cylinder only to see a silhouette of some kind. He sighed as he walked out towards the entrance. It was time to meet the leaders of Equestria.

As he approached the main entrance he was greeted by the two alicorns, along with Bumblebee, and Applejack. The two alicorns hovered up to match the height of the Autobot leader. “Greetings visitor from the stars,” began Celestia. “I am Princess Celestia, and this is my sister Princess Luna.”

“My name is Optimus Prime,” he began. “And I believe your world is in danger.”


Castle of Friendship - Later that night


Starlight Glimmer wandered through the halls as she read two letters. One from Trixie and the other from Sunburst. They were both talking about a magic show in the Crystal Empire. Trixie’s letter was saying how her performance was the best in all her career and would put others to shame. Sunburst said there were a few mishaps during the show that lead to the magic act looking more like a circus act. Like how Trixie made a bouquet of flowers explode in her face.

She giggled at that but thought it would be best not to bring it up with her the next time she sees her. She was passing the door when she heard a knocking. She went over and opened the door and there stood Tempest Shadow looking exhausted and covered in dirt and grime. “Tempest? What are you-”

“Where’s Twilight?” Tempest interrupted. “I need to speak with her now. I made a huge mistake.”