• Published 25th Feb 2024
  • 379 Views, 41 Comments

Video Game Journeys: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - CrashGuy41



The Rainbooms continue their journey with Crash Bandicoot to find Sunset.

  • ...
0
 41
 379

Kupuna-Wa, the Mask of Time

After stepping through the Quantum Rift, everyone saw an entire city around them. There was music and lights all during the night time. The area they were in was also a good place to toss the paper bag that Rarity used to vomit in after the little episode in Tranquility Falls. As Pinkie and Rarity were throwing it away, Twilight realized exactly where they were. New Orleans, close to Mosquito Marsh.

"Oh! My! Gosh! This is amazing! We're actually in the middle of the Party Gras festival!" Twilight squealed.

"Did you just say Party Gras?!" Pinkie asked excitedly. "I love that festival!"

"Come on, let's go find a good place to watch for a while! After all that's been happening to us, lately, I think I we could all use a break."

"I can attest to that, Twilight," Applejack said as she pointed to Rarity who was still a little queasy from seeing N. Brio lay an actual egg.

"Here, here," Rarity said weakly as she held her stomach.


The friends eventually found a good place where they could watch all of the festivities. They even got some crazy outfits to show their spirit for the festival.

It was an extremely fun time for all of them. Everyone danced to the music that was being played by the ghosts and skeletons. As all of the balloons were passing by, one in particular caught their eye. It was a purple dragon with yellow horns, yellow spikes, a yellow underbelly, and orange-and-yellow wings.

"Hey, look at that one!" Rainbow exclaimed as she pointed to the balloon.

"Woah! It's a dragon!" Sunset said in awe.

Where she came from, dragons lived in the same world as ponies. Plus, it reminded her of Spike, the assistant of Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship.

"Do you think that we might be able to meet this dragon someday?" Fluttershy asked.

"We might," Sunset said with a smile.

"Feels nice to relax for a bit, but we still need to find the other masks," Lani-Loli said.

"Kupuna-Wa this way," Akano said, flying through a nearby Quantum Rift.

"Aw, bummer. I really wanted to show off my new dance movies," Pinkie said disappointedly.

"Pinkie, you'll have plenty of time to do that when we get back home," Sunset said reassuringly.

"And who knows, you might some kind of strange power like I did," Applejack added.

Hearing those words got Pinkie all excited. Gaining actual video game powers was an exhilarating thought for anyone. It sounded pretty amazing. So amazing, in fact, that Pinkie gained a huge burst of energy and zoomed right into the Quantum Rift.

"Typical Pinkie," Rainbow said rolling her eyes with a smile.

She ran after her using her super speed, creating a rainbow trail behind her. Everyone else soon followed suit, with Crash going in last before the rift closed.


While all of this was going on, Dingodile, the half-dingo half-crocodile that faced off against Crash in their last adventure, was enjoying the retired life somewhere in Mosquito Marsh. He even had his own diner that he opened to rival Papa Batfield, a Wumpashiner bat. Dingodile at the moment was watching a commercial that he created for his own diner in his trailer. The trailer was located just somewhere across from his diner somewhere in the bayou. As he watching it, he heard a noise outside. Going up to the window, he saw Papa Batfield's Wumpashiner lackeys carrying TNT crates inside his diner. This did not please him one little bit.

"Oi, you buggers stay outta my diner!" he growled, grabbing his new vacuum cannon instead of his flamethrower.

Dingodile was determined to keep the Wumpashiners out of his own personal diner. He had spent a long time to create something that would atone for his past evil deeds. Plus, his flamethrower now functioned as a way to cook food instead of being used to burn people to a crisp. When he got to his diner, though, it was too late. An explosion went off and the diner was up in flames. That made Dingodile very cross.

"Argh! Bastards! I'll get every last one of yas!"

Everything was ruined, including his very own homemade table cloths. Eventually, he got to Papa Batfield's place and wrecked the entire wumpshining operation, causing it to go up in flames as well. Satisfied with his handiwork, Dingodile blew some dust off of his vacuum cannon as if he were in the wild west. After doing so, however, a Quantum Rift opened up from underneath him and sucked him into a different dimension.


Meanwhile, Crash, Coco and the others found themselves in the bayou. Traveling down the area, they eventually found the third mask, Kupuna-Wa. She was a round mask who's headpiece had symbols that resembled the various phases of the moon. Stick out from the headpiece were objects that appeared to be both the hour and minute hands on a clock. Her earrings resembled that of hourglasses. As they approached her, she yawned as she slowly woke up.

"What time is it? Oh, goodness. I ought to know," she said. "Crash! Coco! And Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Sunset Shimmer, and Twilight Sparkle! Hehehee! C'mon, give old Kupuna-Wa a kiss, eh?"

As everyone raised their eyebrows, wondering how she knew their names, she gave Crash a grandmotherly kiss.

"Wait, how do you even know who we are, let alone our names?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, I am time! I see everything. And I mean everything."

"Ooooooohhhh... Fancy!" Pinkie said.

"Oh, Pinkie, dear, you never change. But you will learn to take this video game situation seriously in the future. There will be some unexpected developments in the future for you seven girls. Your very near future. SHOCKING events that will CHANGE THE COURSE OF YOUR LIFE--"

"Yeah, just gonna stop you there before you tell us how we all die!" Lani-Loli interjected.

"Well, if you'd rather not know about the red lady with an evil mask threatening to destroy all existence as you know it, that is your choice! Hehehee!"

As she finished, everyone glanced at each other and shrugged their shoulders. Then they followed the masks through the next Quantum Rift towards their next location.