• Published 16th Feb 2024
  • 141 Views, 0 Comments

Love takes many forms - coolpony01



A changeling by the name of Amber lives in a hive not known to Equestria. But after the events of the Canterlot invasion it becomes known. As the two nations become closer together in forming peace between each other she meets somepony

  • ...
 0
 141

Ch 1

Hello my name is Amber I am a changeling. I have the body of a pony but I have no fur. Instead I have a thick black chitin that protects me from most weather types. I have natural swiss cheese holes in my legs. A curved magical horn, a long dark red mane and tail with holes in it. Dark red insectoid wings and dark red slanted eyes.

I am twenty years old. I live in the Malano hive, one of the great many changeling hives. Our queen is named Malavous. She is much taller than us. She has a long twisted and jagged horn, a light pink mane and tail with holes in it, light pink insectoid wings, and slanted light pink eyes. Our queen is very fair and just puts our needs before her own. The laws are also pretty fair too with only serious crimes being punished harshly.

This hive is actually far more democratic. She doesn’t have absolute power. Before laws are passed they must go through parliament. The queen can veto a law she sees as unjust but it can be overturned if at least 75% of the parliament votes a second time for the law to pass. She also doesn’t have total power when it comes to law enforcement, sure she can help to make some choices but our constitution limits her from being able to herself decide what type of punishment is given out for particular crimes.

It is a good thing that our hive is far more democratic than a tyrannical one like the one ruled by Queen Chrysalis. She is an absolute monarch and has absolute authority over the law and how it is enforced. She punishes any of the subjects that defy her very harshly. They’ll be locked up and forced into hard labor or they’ll be executed. In my hive executions are only carried out for the worst of crimes. But in Chrysalsis’s hive people can be executed for just speaking up against her tyranny.

Queen Chrysalsis even tried to take over a kingdom to the north known as Equestria She is one of the changelings who chooses to not only eat meat, grains, and crops but also love. She has a strong desure for power and since Equestria has love she wanted to gain that power for herself. She kidnapped one of the co-rulers of Equestria known as Princess Di Amore Cadenza and disguised hersel as the princess of love. Fortunately the real princess was rescued by Twilight Sparkle the sun princesse’s student. And the princess of love abd the stallion she was to wed Captain Shinning Armor of the Equestrian royal guard used their love to create a magical shield around Canterlot and repealed the swarm from Equestria.

I have no respect for Chrysalsis. Feeding off love is wrong just. And while we can it doesn’t mean we should. Changelings are still able to feel love and emotions. I do so why would I deprive someone of that?

Equestria went to war with Queen Chrysalsis and ger hive. I hear theu have troops searching beyond their borders for changelings. They wish to keep their country safe. I hope they don’t see us as a threat and attack because we had nothing to do with Chrysalsis and her hive and do not wish to go to war. We haven’t been at war in sixty years and we wish to keep that peace.

I am right now in our territory in large forests that surrounds our hive. I am a member of the hive guard. It is my job to stop people who are breaking the law and to protect others. I usually just stop minor crimes such as theft. Crime very fortuntaly isn’t much of a problem around this nation. This job is quite nice actually. The forest is very beautiful there’s so many shades of green. It’s also full of various wild flowers that smell of lavender as well as all sorts of beautiful animals.

As I went down the path I could see some people in the distance As I looked my eyes went wide as I recognized them as members of the royal guard. They must be looking for chaneglinsg I have to warn my hive. A green magical ora formed around my horn and with a poof I teleported away. When I was done I saw a male changeling with a dark green mane and tail with hotels in it and dark green slanted eyes. His name was captain Thorax Thunderstorm. “Captain I spotted members of the Equestrian guard within our southern border.” I alerted.

“Go make sure our citizens our citizens get to safety do not engage unless it is necessary.” He ordered. I obeyed with the upmost respect.

I could see the foreign guards were scanning the land. I didn’t want them to see me and possibly risk a war so I used my magic and transformed myself into a bird and began to fly in the air in search of any civilians. As I flew I noticed some yonge teengaers taking a troll in the forest. I swopped down and turned myself into my true form. The kids looked a bit scared “We didn’t do anything.” They pleaded.

“I know Equestrian guards were spotted near here I am here to get you to safety.” I explained. The kids looked terrified I don’t blame them since Equestria doesn’t really trust changelings all that much.

A green ora formed around my horn as I teleported them to one of the safety shelters. “You must remain here for your safety and await further instructions.” I said.

I then teleported back to the forest and transformed myself back into a bird and began to transform myself back into a bird. I tried looking for more civilians that may need saving.

I could see their were pegasus ponies scouting the skies. I did my best to stay away from them. When one got near me I felt a sharp pain and flew away they must have changeling decetors with them. I then saw the pegasus ponies were heading in my direction shit they must have detected me. I flew as fast as I could but more pegasi guards began to pursue me and it became too much. I let out a scream of pain as my disguise came poff and I feel hard to the forest ground.

I then felt a magical ora pinn me to the ground. I could see one of the unicorn guards was preventing me from escaping. I then saw a higher up looking unicorn. He had purple and yellow armor. He had a moderate sapphire bleu, moderate cerulean, and dark phtalo blue mane and tail and moderna cerulean eyes. My eyes widened as I realized this was Captain Shinning Armor of the Equestrian royal guard. He had his eyes narrowed at me. “Please leave we mea n you know harm.” I spoke with genuine sincerity.

“Why would I trust a changeling?”Captain Shinning Armor stated with venom.

“We’re not with Queen Chrysalsis we had nothing to do with what she tried to do to your kingdom.” I spoke with truth.

“Why would I believe you your kind tried to take over my nation and enslave us. We will protect our foals and families from scum like you.” He stated.

I then felt mysel get telrotoed. I could see their were other members of the hive guard defending me.

“You’re within our territory. You can’t just come in our kingdom and harm one of our guards but we can resolve this peacefully there is no need for war.” A male hive gaurd said.

“Then if that is the case why would your kind come into our kingdom, kidnap royalty, and try to take our land and make us into slaves.” Captain Shinning Armor stated.

“What happened to your kingdom was done by Queen Chrsyalsis we are not affiliated with that hive. We are a part of Queen Malavous. We would have warned you if we knew and were even planning on revealing ourselves to Princess Celestia but Queen Chrsyalsis ruined that. We have also been at peace for 60 years and have no plans on breaking that peace.” A female hive gaurd said.

“Since the rulers of Equestria prevent us from causing unnecessary tensions with other nations we can try to make a peaceful agreement between our nations.” Captain Shinning Armor spoke in a formal yet begrudging tone.

“This is good I am glad that we can resolve this matter peacefully.” Captain Thorax said. I was taken to the infirmary abd very fortunately have no bad injuries. During the time my hive and Equestria began to resolve the matter with peace and diplomacy. I am very glad that our countries may finally learn to live harmoniously together who knows I may even get to know some Equestrians someday.

I am right now in my home. I live in a small apartment. I have electricity, air conditiongm heating, running water and all that stuff. I don’t really care about living in a big house. I am right now getting ready for bed. I am taking a shower. I need it after this rough day. The warm water helped to calm my mind. A green magical ora formed around my horn and then around a bottle of shampoo. I took off the lid and plopped some on my mane and tail. I used my magic to scrub iyt in making sure to get all the spots. I then leviated the the container of body wabh I opened the lid and plopped some on my body. I then used my magic to scrub it all over my body making sure to get all the spots. I then washed it off and stepped out of the shower I feel far more calm right now. I then dried my mane and tail fast along with my body. I then put deodorant combed my mane and tail and brushed my teeth.

I then went in my bedroom and went by the window and looked out of it. I can see other rental apartment complexes within my hive. I feel a bit of fear. “What if we end up going to war countless numbers of our citizens would die because of it.” I said fearfully.

I then calmed myself down and realized that was stupid since our nations were already making peaceful negotiations and Equestria and our hive are peaceful nations to begin with. I smiled at the thought that I may one day meet an Equestrian and feel asleep.