• Published 22nd Jan 2024
  • 596 Views, 59 Comments

Video Game Journeys: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - CrashGuy41



Sunset and the others end up in the world of Crash Bandicoot.

  • ...
1
 59
 596

The Potoroo with the Tommy Gun

Fluttershy, Pinkie, Crash, and Aku Aku walked through miles of jungle avoiding whatever death traps that were put up by the original inhabitants of the three islands. Eventually, they came across a volcanic mine with blue crystals growing inside. As soon as they entered, they heard a familiar voice coming from somewhere in the caves.

"You reprehensible brute! Can't you collect one of these without breaking them?!"

"Was that Rarity?" Fluttershy asked.

Just then, they heard a loud shriek coming from the caves. That's when they noticed a tall, muscular koala wearing a red tank top. yellow pants, a belt with a skull on the buckle, and spiked wristbands carrying their friend, Rarity. She was hitting him with her fists as hard as could.

"PUT ME DOWN, YOU RUFFIAN! THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY!" Rarity screamed.

Crash shrugged his shoulders in confusion at her behavior. Fluttershy, on the other hand, was extremely angry. No one treats any one of her friends like they're some sort of object.

"PUT! HER! DOWN!" Fluttershy snarled.

"Girlie no tell Koala Kong what to do. Koala Kong do as he pleases," the Koala replied.

And with that, he shoved Rarity into one of the mine carts. He then picked up a boulder and hurled it towards them.

"INCOMING!" Pinkie shouted.

Everyone jumped over the boulder to avoid getting hit. Just then, Koala Kong picked up an even larger boulder and hurled it towards them. He taunted them by showing them his muscles like a bodybuilder.

"If only Applejack were here, she'd throw that thing right back at him," Fluttershy squeaked.

This gave Crash an idea. He spun into the boulder, knocking it directly at Koala Kong. This of course, made him mad. He tossed three more large boulders, each of which were deflected right back at him with Crash's spin. After getting hit three more times, Koala Kong growled at everyone, threatening to come over to their side. Rarity had had enough of his nonsense. Getting out of the mine cart, she shoved him inside, then kicked the mine cart, sending him away.

"Honestly, it serves you right, you big brute!" Rarity scoffed.

"Well, I don't think we'll be seeing him for quite a while," Aku Aku said.

"Uh, girls? Did that mask just talk?"

"This is Aku Aku, Rarity. And like us, he's helping Crash get to the castle on the next island," Fluttershy explained.

"A castle?! Ooohhh! Count me in!"

"This isn't like some fairytale castle, young lady. It is actually a laboratory that is home to an evil scientist by the name of Dr. Neo Periwinkle Cortex," Aku Aku explained.

Pinkie then burst out laughing hysterically.

"Periwinkle? That's his middle name?!" she guffawed.

"Do not be fooled. He is very dangerous and must be stopped before he uses an entire army of mutated animals to take over the world."

"Mutated... animals?" Fluttershy stammered.

Her right eye began to twitch. She was way past mad at this point. Now, she was furious. Mustering up all the courage she had, she was determined to teach this Cortex guy a lesson. No one uses innocent animals as a means to take over the world on her watch. The group of six made their way out of the mine and headed off towards Cortex Island.


May 6, 1997

Nearly one and a half months passed for everyone, including Twilight. She was tired. She had to work almost day and night to get the army of Cortex Commandos ready. She hated it. She just wanted to leave. Suddenly, she heard a whisper. It was Coco. She motioned for Twilight to come over to her location. Twilight walked over to Coco and asked her what was going on.

"Look at this. I found something that appears to be a super secret escape hatch in an unknown test chamber," Coco said, pointing to a pink laptop.

"Good work, Coco," Twilight whispered, not wanting Cortex to hear her. "It seems to me that you have a real fascination with technology. I'd better write this in the report."

Twilight got out a clipboard and jotted down some notes about Coco's obsession with technology.

"So, are we going to use that hatch to escape this place?"

"Yes, but only when the time is right."

"When will we know?"

"You'll know because I'll do this."

Coco held up the laptop like a signal mirror, slightly moving it up and down.

"But how am I going to get out?"

Coco pointed to an air vent above them.

"I see."

"I just hope Crash can get here in time to help rescue all of these other innocent animals from Cortex's inhuman experiments."

"I know. And I really hope he's not too late, because Tawna's scheduled for extermination in three months."

Coco gasped. Cortex was going to eliminate Tawna for not being cooperative. That wasn't good at all.


Speaking of Crash, he and the others made their way through various factory-like areas. These were led by a potoroo by the name of Pinstripelli Potorotti, or Pinstripe Potoroo. Eventually, they made it into Pinstripe's main office at Cortex's power plant, where they met with Pinstripe himself. He was a tall, mafia-like potoroo with brown fur, slicked-back black hair, short ears, yellow eyes, dark eyebrows, a long snout, and dark markings around his eyes. He was wearing a red suit over a green undershirt, a black tie and black dress shoes.

"Well, I sees youse made it into my office," Pinstripe snarked. "And lemme guess. Youse come all dis way just to get past me to reach my boss, Dr. Cortex?"

"Well, um, yes, actually," Fluttershy said as he walked towards a corner.

"Yeah? Well, youse can just forget about it."

"And why, pray tell, is that?!" Rarity snapped.

"Listen, toots, if you really wanna get past me, then youse gonnas hafta go on a date wit' me."

"Ex-CUSE me?!"

"I don't get too many women walking up to me everyday, you know."

"I can't imagine why. You're absolutely despicable!"

"Oh, so that's how you wanna play, is it? Well, too bad, toots. Since youse won't go out wit' me, you and your friends are about to EAT LEAD!"

He immediately showed them a tommy gun upon turning around.

"SWEET MOTHER OF MERCY! HE'S GOT A GUN!"

Pinstripe knocked over his table and leaped on top of it, pointing his gun at them.

"Say hello to Tommy!"

"TAKE COVER!" Pinkie shouted.

Pinstripe fired his gun rapidly, causing everyone to duck behind the two chairs in the room. They eventually got to safety, but Fluttershy was shaking like a leaf from the rapid gunfire.

"We're going to die! We're going to die! We're going to die!" Fluttershy whimpered, shielding her head through her tears.

Crash slowly peered out from behind the chairs and saw that Pinstripe was moving to the right side of the room. Seeing a quick chance, he spun into him, making his enemy dizzy.

"Youse got a death wish, bandicoot?!" Pinstripe snapped.

Crash quickly ducked back behind the chair. He then hit Pinstripe a couple of more times as he moved from one side of the room to the other. As he did, he would stop to fire his tommy gun with his itchy trigger finger.

"I'D RATHER NOT DIE TODAY!" Rarity wailed.

Just then, they heard the sound of clicking, as the firing had stopped. Peering out from behind the chairs, they suddenly realized that Pinstripe's gun had jammed. Seeing an opportunity, Crash spun into him again before ducking behind the chair again for safety. After two more gun jams, Crash gave him the final blow. All of that getting hit, caused Pinstripe to shoot the glass behind him, which also shut down the entire power plant in the process.

"Alright, you joiks win. Go on ahead across the bridge and you'll soon be at Cortex Castle," Pinstripe said, cradling his gun in defeat.

Fluttershy was hyperventilating from the rapid gunfire. All of that intense action left her almost traumatized. Crash grabbed her right arm and dragged her out of the office, with the others following suit. They were now at the home stretch towards Cortex Castle. Only a few more obstacles stood in their way between them reuniting with their friends.