• Published 22nd Jan 2024
  • 594 Views, 59 Comments

Video Game Journeys: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - CrashGuy41



Sunset and the others end up in the world of Crash Bandicoot.

  • ...
1
 59
 594

The Mysterious GameStation

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! TELL ME WHAT YOU NEED!" Sunset roared as she frantically pushed random buttons on her game controller.

She was playing one of her favorite video games, a 3D platforming game called Starswirl's Quest. She was at the most frustrating part of the game again. That part being an area with several switches inside a castle. She hated that part because she had no clue what the game was trying to ask her to do, which was to hit the switches in a certain order. The only problem was, that there was nothing in the game at that point that would tell any player to do that, hence her frustration. Just as she was about to lose her last life, her console short-circuited. The console had died. She dropped her controller in disbelief. The game had fixed save points, which meant that all of her progress up to that point was gone.

"THAT'S IT! I'm getting a new console right now!"

Sunset stormed out of her room, slamming the door behind her.


At the Canterlot Mall, Sunset looked around the video game store for a new console. She saw a lot of sleek-looking new models of the current console that she had. It wasn't what she had in mind, though. She wanted a console that could play all of her games with backwards compatibility. Suddenly, there was a certain game console that caught her eye. It was black with a rainbow-colored lid, shaped like a Nintendo GameCube that she had heard so much about. On the side was the word GameStation. She was immediately enamored by the look of the console. She spotted one of the workers and went up to him.

"Excuse me, sir. How much for that console over there?" she asked.

The worker looked at her with concern.

"That thing? That's been here since last month. No one's ever bought it," he told her.

"If that's the case, then I'll take it. How much?"

"Well, usually these things go for about $500, but for you, how about $100?"

"Deal!"

She handed the worker the money at the cash register and brought her new console back to her house.


Later that day, after hooking up the console, Sunset decided to invite her friends over to see it. It was about 2:50 in the afternoon when Sunset heard a knock on the door. She quickly dashed downstairs and was greeted by Twilight and the others.

"Hi, Sunset!" greeted Twilight. "You're saying that there's this new console you want to show us?"

Sunset smiled at her friends.

"Yeah, it's upstairs in my room. Come on, you've got to see it!" she said.


Sunset led the others to her room and showed them the new GameStation console from the game store.

"Woowee! That's a mighty fine piece of work!" Applejack beamed.

"Yeah, it's 20, no, 70% cooler than the last console you had!" Rainbow said.

Suddenly, the console's power light started flickering and the TV instantly turned on.

"Um, darling, is it supposed to do that?" Rarity asked.

"I don't think so. Did I not hook it up right?" Sunset said.

Just then, images of what appeared to be an orange marsupial wearing pants and shoes flickered on the monitor. Then, they all heard a deep voice coming the TV.

"Help us. Our world is being threatened because the ending is not right. You must help us get this game's ending right. Help us."

Suddenly, an ominous swirling vortex appeared from the TV and sucked the girls inside. They didn't know what was going on or why, but it would soon be clear when they would start their brand new adventure.