• Published 1st Jan 2024
  • 220 Views, 24 Comments

Pipp’s Wings - Creativa-Artly01



Pipp wasn’t born with normal wings. They’re broken, deformed. The only way she flies is through cloud assistive aids.

  • ...
 24
 220

Five Years Later

Five years later, a ten year old Zipp and five year old, Pipp make their way through their mother’s gardens, smiles on their faces as they prance. “Sis, why aren’t my wings like yours?” Pipp inquires, causing Zipp to stop in her tracks.

“Okay, come here, sit,” says Zipp with a sigh as she plops down on a bench in the garden.

“Okay,” responds Pipp with a nod as she goes over to the bench. “Can you please lift me up?”

“Oh, right, sorry,” responds Zipp apologetically as she lifts her little sister up onto the bench with her wings. “There ya go.”

“So, why aren’t my wings like yours?” Pipp inquires of Zipp once more.

“Okay,” responds Zipp with a sigh. “You were born with deformed wings, it’s as simple as that. The doctors still don’t know exactly why, just that it happened.”

“Oh, okay,” responds Pipp still trying to understand it all, take it all in, “okay.”

“So even if we do ever get magic back, I’ll never be able to fly?” Pipp inquires of her big sister once more.

“Yes, that’s right,” responds Zipp with a nod as she lets out a sigh. She holds her sister close to her with her wing, “that’s right.”

“Do you think there are other Pegasi with broken wings like mine? Hurt wings like mine?” She then inquires curiously of her big sister once more. “Zipp?”

“Yeah, probably,” responds Zipp as she holds her little sister close to her. She lets out a sigh. “Probably…”

A few minutes later, the two hear a familiar voice behind them. “Hello your Highnesses, it’s time for tea time with your mother,” says one of their guards.

“Okay, thank you,” responds Zipp with a nod. She helps Pipp down off the bench and onto the back of one of the other guards before following them inside once more to one of the rooms where the two then sit down to tea with their mother.

“Hello girls,” says Queen Haven with a smile, “did you two have a good morning in the gardens?”

“Yes, mom, we did, thanks,” responds Zipp with a nod. She then goes back to sipping on, practically slurping her tea.

“As next in line, you shouldn’t slurp, Zephyrina,” Queen Haven firmly reminds her older daughter. “It’s not befitting of a princess.”

“Yeah, I know,” grumbles Zipp once more, “I know.” She rolls her eyes before going to quietly sipping on her tea at last so as not to offend her mother further.

“You also shouldn’t roll your eyes at me, Zephyrina,” adds Queen Haven once more before returning to sipping on her own tea. “It’s not very befitting of a princess.”

“Okay,” responds Zipp with a defeated sigh, “okay…”

Pipp, meanwhile, just happily sips on her tea from where she’s now cuddled up in her mother’s lap. “That’s my good little flowerette,” says Queen Haven with a smile, praising her younger, “good job. I’m proud of you.” She continues to beam ear to ear as she praises Pipp. “I’m so proud of you.”

Zipp just rolls her eyes as she sits down her tea. Sometimes she loves her sister, but times like these, when all she hears is her mother doting on her little sister, she absolutely can’t stand it, alas she has no choice but to watch as she’s not allowed to be dismissed from tea until they’re all done, until Pipp is done.