• Published 23rd Dec 2023
  • 622 Views, 56 Comments

Equestria Girls: Chased By Dinosaurs - zooloverryan



Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy are about to find themselves on a wild journey that they never expected they’d end up on.

  • ...
 56
 622

1. Prologue

The sun was up, the breeze was cool and crisp, and there were hardly any clouds in the sky. In other words, it was a typical day in Canterlot City. And it was a typical day for the Equestria Girls too. And Twilight Sparkle was just heading over to Sunset’s place.

Just then, Rainbow Dash zipped toward Twilight on her skateboard screeching to a halt in front of the bookworm. She kicked up the board and caught it in her hand, smirking at Twilight.

“What’s up, Twi?” She greeted.

“Not much Rainbow,” Twilight responded. “Just heading to Sunset’s place.

“Yeah, I know. She already invited the rest of the girls and they all said they were coming. Why don’t you?”

Twilight pondered for a moment before she smiled. “I’ll see you later tonight, Rainbow.”

Rainbow smiled wide, giving Twilight a pat on the shoulder.

“Awesome! You won’t regret this!”

Rainbow threw her skateboard back on the ground, skating off at super-sonic speed to Sunset’s. Twilight shook her head, smiling while looking after her rainbow-haired friend.

“Looks like somebody’s going out tonight,” Spike smiled, popping out of Twilight’s backpack.

Twilight turned her head, giving the little puppy a scratch behind the ears while smiling.

“Yes, Spike. I suppose we are.”

Spike ducks back into her backpack, as Twilight starts walking toward home. Tonight, she planned to have the most amazing time with the best group of friends a girl could ever ask for.


The sky shined with a colorful blend of red, orange, and yellow haze as it set over the horizon. Twilight approached the front door of Sunset’s house. Spike was tagging along behind her, as Twilight smiled down at him before knocking on the door. The door itself quickly flung open, as Twilight felt herself yanked inside and wrapped in a bone-crushing hug. The one delivering this hug was none other than her energetic, party-loving, pink friend, Pinkie Pie.

“Yippee!” Pinkie cheered, excitedly. “I’m so happy you made it, Twilight!”

“P-P-Pinkie!” Twilight wheezed. “Can’t b-breath!”

“Ooopsie!”

Pinkie immediately released Twilight, the lavender girl breathing heavily as she tried to catch her breath. Thankfully she didn’t have any cracked ribs, which would sometimes happen whenever Pinkie hugs people.

“Sorry Twilight,” Pinkie apologized.

“It’s okay, Pinkie,” Twilight gasped. “I’ll live.”

It was then the rest of Twilight’s friends made their way into the main hall to meet their friend. Rainbow Dash came first, followed closely by Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy.

“Ya’ll went and overdid the hug again, didn’t yah Pinkie?” Applejack asked.

“I said I was su­per-duper-mega-mondo sorry,” Pinkie said. “It’s just I always get excited whenever we get a chance to spend time together.”

As Pinkie Pie rambled on, Twilight took the opportunity to greet and hug the rest of her friends.

“It is mighty nice ya’ll could come, Twilight,” Applejack smiled, mid-hug.

“Oh yes, darling,” Rarity nodded. “It would have been simply dreadful if you weren’t able to join us.”

“We can always count on you to spend time with us, Twilight,” Fluttershy said, softly.

“Yeah, but where’s Sunset?” asked a confused Twilight.

“Oh, she's in the basement working on your project,” Fluttershy explained.

“So, I've noticed!” Twilight chuckled.

“Could you and I go check it out?” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight smiled. “I don't see why not! Let's go!”

As they walked into the basement, Twilight guided Fluttershy to where Sunset’s invention was. It seemed she was the only one who had seen it before. When they rounded a corner, they saw a machine that looked like it could have been designed by Albert Einstein himself.

“Woah! What is this?” Fluttershy was awed, her voice echoing through the chamber. Sunset perked up at the sound of Fluttershy’s voice. She turned around to see her and Twilight just standing there looking at the machine. Then she looked at Twilight who gave a look that said, ‘She was curious, so I had to show her.’

“You guys are just in time! I’m just finishing up! I was going to come get you guys!” Sunset revealed.

"Just in time for what?" Fluttershy asked as she walked over to the machine, curious about what it was. It did intrigue her; she had never seen anything like this machine before in her life.

“For the first test run! I finished it!” the bacon-haired girl exclaimed.

“Woah, already?!?" Twilight asked Sunset. Her friend simply nodded, a wide grin on her face.

“What does it do?” Fluttershy questioned, voicing her thoughts.

Twilight looked at Sunset, inviting her to do the honors of explaining the device's function. “It’s a device that manipulates quantum fields to branch into metaphysical realms. Our goal is to create a stable bridge.”

Twilight glanced around at Fluttershy’s confused face, knowing she would need to give a clearer explanation. One that didn’t use nearly as many big words. “What I’m trying to say I have been working on these past few months is a new invention incorporating that technology that should be able to let us go to brand new universes!”

Twilight gasped. “So, it’s like an interdimensional portal?”

“Not exactly a portal,” Sunset corrected. “The closest word I can think of is a bridge of sorts, letting stuff go from one universe to another. It connects theoretical worlds to our world, or what would be known as the ‘real world.’ As a test run, I’m going to try to bring something from an alternate reality to the real world!”

“Wow, really?!” Twilight gasped in excitement.

Sunset nodded before she pressed a button on the machine to demonstrate. As it whirred to life, the trio took a step back. A glow emitted from the machine, and Fluttershy, who was standing near the machine, felt her fur start to stand on end.

“Um, girls…? Is it supposed to be doing this?” the animal enthusiast questioned.

By then the others’ hair had also started to stand on end. Twilight, standing next to the control panel, was most affected by the static charge building up. “No, I don’t think so?” Twilight replied, somewhat uncertain. “I’m not entirely sure, though. It might- AAAHH!” Suddenly a bolt of lightning arced through the air in front of her face. “IT WASN’T SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!!!” the girl in glasses yelped as she stumbled over her feet backward.

“Girls! Get back!” Sunset shouted as she pointed to shelter behind a nearby crate as more electricity filled the air. Twilight and Fluttershy raced behind the crate to escape any possible lightning bolts. Sunset knew she wouldn’t fit, so she ducked behind a metal storage rack. While it wasn’t as good as a wooden crate, which couldn’t conduct electricity, it offered some minimal shelter. She closed her eyes, expecting the worst. Then, unexpectedly, everything quieted down.

After a moment, Sunset spoke. “I’m going to come out now and check on things. Stay where you are, just in case.” Then he stepped out from behind the shelf.

The machine looked normal. It hadn’t exploded like he expected. The teenager crept forward, noting that nothing else seemed out of the ordinary. She tentatively opened the transportation compartment of the machine to see if it had worked.

Nothing.

It was empty. Sunset sighed, disappointed, but still glad nothing had been destroyed. “Alright, Twilight. You and Fluttershy can come out now. It’s fine.”

No answer.

“You can come out now guys. Hello? Guys?” As Sunset rounded around the crate, her face paled. The two girls were gone.

“Girls…? Where’d you go…?”

No answer again but Sunset couldn't accept that two of her friends were gone so she began to look around for them. "Okay, girls! Now is not the time to play games, especially those that aren't funny!!!" Sunset exclaimed as she looked around.

Even though, deep down, Sunset had figured it out long ago, the teenager remained in denial. Sunset continued to search, especially near the machine. Whatever had happened to them, and wherever they had gone, she knew they would be in trouble.

As tears started to run down her face, Sunset could only mutter one thing before she felt like her whole world just collapsed in front of her. What had started as a typical day had just turned into a nightmare.

“Where did you girls go…?”


{play this for nostalgic feels}

Author's Note:

Well, looks like Sunset’s invention had a very huge flaw with it. And so, Fluttershy and Twilight’s prehistoric safari had just begun! See you on January 10th, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!