• Published 12th Dec 2023
  • 203 Views, 4 Comments

The Long White - The Real Darkness



The literal sun suddenly moves farther away and something causes the weather factory to go completely haywire, dooming Equestria in The Quiet Apocalypse.

  • ...
 4
 203

Count Losses Later

Equestria has long since been in control of its own weather, that allowed ponies to have generous time to plan things and natural disasters were unheard of.

That solves that problem. He'll never be a problem in our manes again.

So Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn came when they planned for them to come. Magic was a great tool in that endeavor as well, it let them change orbital distances to cycle into a different season. Crops were always bountiful.

Sister, something seems to be wrong, why is it slightly smaller?

I...I can't control it. Send for Twilight! Help me, Luna!

Magic also allowed the citizens of Equestria to enjoy some machinery powered by it. It made Kacie all that more comfortable when he was whisked to Equestria as part of a magic anomaly. Life in Equestria was easy, everything was habitable.

I-I can't do anything either, not even with you two! I'll teleport Cadence here right away!

King Sombra did manage to return from under the icy wastes and endless snow of the Frozen North, but Celestia had decided it was time for the enslaving unicorn tyrant to meet his end. Death was common, murder wasn't.

None of us can do anything! We have to make this public, find somepony who can come up with a solution!

I know! Starlight Glimmer might know something!

Good idea, go get her, Twilight

And the dark unicorn was banished to the sun where he meet a quick death, melting in the harsh temperatures before he could realize it. His spirit burned second in the great star and it left a curse.

What?! I...I can't teleport! Twilight! I can't teleport! I can't even levitate...levitate anything!

Equestria changed drastically and it caused many sudden deaths of those who could not handle the unnatural harsh cold. The Crystal Empire was formally declared lost, governments vanished within a matter of days, frozen corpses were covered over in blankets of snow and ice. Barely any single pony survived that day, most of them unicorns. The survival rate for them hit almost zero the next day.

Magic is gone. He took our magic, he cursed us with his final breath.