• Published 9th Dec 2023
  • 255 Views, 4 Comments

Diamonds and Dreams - Applefai



Rarity has a few werid dreams where she is in control, something that isn't common with her so she starts to question herself

  • ...
0
 4
 255

Family Reunion

The next morning Rarity and Twilight made their way to Canterlot for their audience with the princess of the night, with all that Rarity has experienced, Luna is the most likely pony to help.

As Twilight and Rarity entered the castle, Luna stood in the foyer waiting for them. "Greetings, I've been awaiting your arrival," Luna said as she greeted the ponies at the door. "I've prepared some refreshments for us, follow me," Luna requested as she led her friends down the hall and into a private room.

When they entered the room, two butlers came out, having set the table with tea and cookies. "Please, sit," Luna chimed as she sat down, pouring tea for her guest.

"Thank you for seeing us, Princess Luna, I know how busy you can get," Twilight said as she and Rarity took their seats at the table.

"It's no trouble at all, Twilight; so what brings you two here?" Luna asked as she took a sip of her tea.

"Well, Rarity has been having strange dreams lately," Twilight answered.

"I see, pray tell what these dreams are, Miss Rarity," Luna replied.

"Well, I start off doing something I normally do, like making a fabulous new dress or helping a model get ready to walk down the runway, but then it seems like I hope into another pony's dream, I can even interact with the dream itself," Rarity confided.

"Hmmm, you could just be lucid dreaming," Luna replied as she took a cookie from a plate of them that had been placed on the table.

"That's what we thought, but after some testing, I realized that Rarity entered REM sleep extremely early in her sleep cycle, and she also mentioned seeing a monster that looks like her, only with a darker coat and a flowing mane," Twilight replied, causing Luna's eyes to widen.

"Did you say a monster that looks like her?" Luna asked for clarification.

"Yes, when I was dreaming, I saw Suri Polomare getting her models ready to walk down the runway, well I thought since I was dreaming that I'd have a little revenge; while I was toying with her, I saw my reflection in the mirror and seen it had what Twilight told you," Rarity said as Luna nodded.

"I see, so it is true," Luna said, leaving Twilight and Rarity confused.

"What is true, Princess Luna?" Twilight asked.

Luna then got up from her chair and came up to Rarity and gave her a surprise hug.

Rarity embraced the hug, not knowing how to respond as a tear ran down Luna's cheek.

"Princess Luna, are you ok, darling?" Rarity asked as they broke the hug.

"Yes, it's just good to see you've grown up to be a wonderful mare," Luna replied as Rarity and Twilight looked at her in confusion.

"Thank you, Luna," Rarity said as Luna wiped the tear from her eye.

"I'm sure you two are confused by my words and actions, so I should explain myself," Luna said.

Taking a deep breath as she cleared her thoughts, Luna began to speak.

"While you know I created the Tantabus to punish myself for the atrocities I committed as Nightmare Moon, there is more to the story," Luna said as she used a spell to bring Twilight and Rarity into her subconscious.

Rarity and Twilight gasped in shock as they saw Nightmare Moon, bound in chains locked inside Luna's mind.

Nightmare Moon grinned evilly as she saw Rarity standing before her. "Hello, daughter," she said, her words sending a chill down Rarity's spine.

"W-what?" Rarity asked as her heart pounded in her chest.

"Oh my, hasn't Luna told you?" Nightmare asked as she looked at Luna. "How could you be so cruel, are you ashamed?" Nightmare taunted as she grinned.

"QUIET YOU!" Luna snapped at Nightmare, using her royal Canterlot voice as she pushed Nightmare Moon deeper into her subconscious.

"She's still here?" Twilight asked in shock as Luna sighed.

"Unfortunately yes, she is a part of me as I am her, everypony has an evil side such as this, we will never be separated, but I can control her," Luna explained as Rarity looked down.

"So what did she mean by daughter?" She asked, her heart already knowing the answer.

"Rarity, I am your mother," Luna said, causing Rarity's eyes to widen.

"But how can this be? I'm about the same age as Twilight and the others, plans I'm not an alicorn," Rarity asked as Luna pulled up a memory.

"I know it sounds impossible, but Nightmare Moon had just enough power to escape the moon for a short period of time, during this time she remained hidden in the shadows, she knew we couldn't take on our sister so we just stayed low, she found love in a stallion and together they created life, but with each passing day, Nightmare Moon was losing power, making the heart-wrenching decision, she embedded the last ten percent of her power into her daughter and left her on the doorstep of the couple she thought would raise her right, then when she returned to the moon, she blocked the memories of her time on earth," Luna spoke, Twilight and Rarity hung onto every word that she said as they listened to the story.

"But why would Nightmare Moon want Rarity to be raised right, she wanted to plunge Equestria in eternal darkness," Twilight asked.

"Because I had control at that point, my emotions were influencing her," Luna replied as she illuminated her horn and brought them out of her subconscious.

"So, you're my mother?" Rarity asked, thoughts flooding her mind.

"Yes, I am, and I am so sorry that I kept this from you for so long, by the time I was able to return for good, you had already grown up, you made such good friends and formed such strong bonds, that I couldn't bring myself to tell you right away; also, I felt unworthy to claim you as my daughter because of my past," Luna said.

"This is a lot to take in, I-I don't know how to feel about this," Rarity replied as Luna nodded.

"I know this is a lot to take in, and I don't expect you to accept me as your mother, but I am glad I can get this off my chest," Luna said.

"So I'm guessing that monster in my dreams is…" Rarity began to ask.

"Yes, it is Nightmare Moon's final reserve of power, it is now part of you and is and will be known as Nightmare Rarity if it were to get out," Luna answered, causing Rarity's heart to drop into her stomach.

"How do I stop it?" Rarity asked.

Looking back to Twilight, Luna asked if she would leave them for a bit to which Twilight obliged.

As Rarity and Luna sat in the throne room, Luna looked at Rarity lovingly.

"I'm so proud of you, Rarity," Luna said, causing Rarity to blush.

"Thank you, Luna. That means a lot, but I don't think I can call you mom at this point," Rarity replied.

Luna smiled and nodded. "That's understandable now to answer your question, there is a way to stop the evil from coming out, but it is both the hardest thing and the easiest thing to do," Luna said as Rarity listened.

"What would that be?" Rarity asked.

"You have to let go of your envy, your resentment, and thrust for revenge, these things are what caused me to turn into Nightmare Moon," Luna said as she looked into Rarity's eyes.

Rarity looked down. "I see, but I don't know if I can," she replied.

"I believe you can, and if you are willing to let me, I'll be happy to help you every step of the way, I'll also need to teach you how to properly control your dream walking abilities," Luna spoke, bringing a smile to Rarity's face.

"I'll like that, I could use the help," Rarity said as she got up and prepared to return home to Ponyville.