• Published 25th Nov 2023
  • 246 Views, 3 Comments

Spike finds the unknown - crazwriter



Spike the dragon. The right hand of Twilight. One of the great heroes and now we see how he gains his happiest.

  • ...
 3
 246

Chapter 1: time changes

Spike is a young boy who was fresh in High school with his sister two years in and is now going to be able to join in on the fun. Often Spike for his dragon blood is seen as a child, but because he goes into a freshman year in high school. He can't be treated as a child anymore by Twilight and her friends. He was a bit tired of being left out. Sure, Big Mac, Discord, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo, Wallflower Blush, and even Pinkie Pie sometimes. Hang out with him and play with ogres and oubliettes. Although Pinkie Pie for some reason always did the weirdest things as the bard.

Other than that, it was a fun time. Although at first Big Mac for a while like everyone else thought Spike was four to five years younger than he was. When Spike finally told him. Big Mac wasn't sure about it at first. Once, Big Mac had read some books that Twilight owns on dragons. He knew Spike was telling the truth. Big Mac has expressed that he has tried to tell AppleJack. Although it seemed every time, he did somehow something prevented him from telling her. Spike is happy with his life. He just hopes Rarity will return his feelings finally.

Spike was in some dark purple pants with a steel chain on it. Spike just thought the chain would look cool hanging from his right hip. Along with that, he had a green T-shirt with a purple hoodie. These were his basic detailed look for wear that is often the same. He was 4.5 feet tall in American terms. Which is 137.16 centimeters. Spike learned this because often Twilight liked the idea of knowing and understanding different cultures and their differences. Which leads to her drilling this kind of info along with anything else you can think of, into his head. Don't get Spike wrong, he loved his sister and was grateful to her. Sometimes she would just hop around from babying him to treating him like he was a super genius adult.
That aside today he was going to ride with his sister who was driving him to his first day of High school. Which by mistake almost dropped Spike off out of habit at his old middle school. Twilight as she was driving could be seen with her usual black tie and white shirt with a dark purple vest over it. She had her long purple with a star-marked skirt. She had on her usual glasses although Spike knew she hadn't needed them ever since she started high school. It confused me what changed and how no one seemed to see that she had removed the lens for her glasses and only had the rims on now.

Spike knows something is going on these days with Twilight. Somehow everyone else in their lives has close friends and/or family except for Miss Twilight Velvet and Mister Night Light also known as Spike's adoptive parents. Big Mac, Apple Bloom, and/or AppleJack are not telling Spike anything, and they are the most honest people he knows. It worries him sometimes. Now when they get to the high school Twilight finds parking since it was the first day the student council for this year where at the doorway to the school greeting everyone coming into the building making sure everyone feels welcomed and that they were given a special pin to mark what year they are.

It was a big building known as Equestria High. The high school of equality for all evolved humans. For back 1000 years ago or so. A strange event happened that made it, so humans got mixed with powerful magic blood types, and not one person was left without this effect within the body. So, names give an idea of the differences between all special types of changes to the body like how fast they age, how strong they are, what other special things they can do, etc. Each type even has a sub-type.

For example. Twilight is a pony magic type. Specialist in powerful magic arts and scientific understanding. Her subtype is rising power. As time goes on, she can grow stronger faster than the normal pony magic type allowing her to become a powerful protector. A different example is a fellow dragon-blood type Ember. One of Spikes' closest friends and leader of the Dragon-land gang. Although nowadays they are more of a watchdog group than a gang. They will not stand on the side although if someone is in danger. It was one of Ember's new rules to protect those in need for all dragon-blood members and honorary members as well. She has the sub-type of dragon leader. She can lead how she wants with a powerful aura because of her sub-type. Each subtype is unique to each person.

Spike as he got his pin went on his way to get his class schedule. When he was getting it. He is blinded from behind after speaking with Principal Celestia about his first year which she does for all new students. He hears a voice anyone can tell who it is from the get-go. "Hey ya, Spike! How is one of my closest friends doing!? I can't wait to throw your first day of high school party! I know you like my parties!"

"AHAHAHAH. Pinkie. Who doesn't like your parties? While I do appreciate the thought. Right now, I think it would be best if you didn't. It would be unfair to all the new students to only have a party for me, having my first day here seen as special." Spike smiles.

Pinkie smiles. Although in his younger years, Twilight and Pinkie were friends. Spike thought she was a bit insane. But Spike now greatly regrets those thoughts and wishes he had never had them. Out of all of Twilight's friends. Spike was grateful that Pinkie was one of them. Each of the six friends that Twilight has made. Have helped her grow in mind and heart. She often struggled with the idea of friends and because of each of them showed her Kindness, Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity, Laughter, and Mercy. Along with each learning along the way how friendship works and grow together as friends. Spike wouldn't have changed anything that had happened to them at this point. Although that time with that strange magic item that cloned Pinkie Pie. Yeah, something about that day just felt off to him.

Pinkie smiled at Spike in understanding, "Ah, fair enough. But that doesn't mean I am not going to throw your party still. You are going to get some of the most fun. You will ever have at this party tonight at 6 with dinner at my place."

"Interesting, why your place although? Wouldn't it make more sense that it would be in a park or somewhere else? I know your sister Marble Pie doesn't like you throwing parties at the family home. I don't want to have to hear your sisters screaming in my or your ear." Spike explains his thoughts.

Pinkie rolls her eyes, "Spike, Spike, one my family including my sisters are off making a deal with another rock farm in a different place miles from here. Two I understand your worry she did almost caused Limestone to go deaf. She has learned not to yell at people as much as a result. I wish it didn't happen the way it did, but now I don't have to worry for my own ears. Mister smarty pants. You're acting more like Twilight than usual? guess you really do look up to your big sis."

Spike gives her a look. Although she was right in some sense. Spike didn't like being compared to his sister. Pinkie knows this and uses it to tease him. As long as he is ok with it in the end that is. Spike and Pinkie then start walking along together to meet with all their friends at the auditorium. The school was planning to do an introduction for the freshmen along with welcoming those who were returning students. Spike and Pinkie get to the auditorium then most students to see all their friends grouped together as the follow from left to right. In rows of 12 seats with 4 columns with two seats open to them at the end.

Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash, AppleJack, Apple Bloom, Rarity, Sweetie Bell, Discord, Fluttershy, Big Mac, Wallflower Blush, Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, Gabby, Ember, Thorax, Zephyr Breeze, Gallus, Silverstream, Smolder, Yona, Sandbar, Ocellus, Pipsqueak, Featherweight, Starlight Glimmer, Garble, Coco Pommel, Cheese Sandwich, Sunburst, Flash Sentry, Shining Armor, Cadance, Sonata Dusk, Skystar, Babs Seed, Blueblood, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Gilda, Coloratura, Soarin, Tree Hugger, Quibble Pants, Autumn Blaze, Pharynx, and Twilight.

Spike takes a seat next to Twilight while Pinkie Pie sits on the other side of him. Spike looks at Twilight and swings his head to Shining Armor and Cadance. Twilight nods her head and whispers to Spike, "I don't know, they said it would be a surprise."

As Spike talks and catches up with the others. Hearing that Sweetie Bell, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo had found out each of their sub-types finally alongside Babs Seed and Gabby. It was great hearing that news. Thorax has learned how to start a fire for camping with Ember's help. While Ember learned from Thorax some skills in communication. While he was confused on while Sonata Dusk was sitting with them. Don't get him wrong, he and Pinkie befriended her along with Twilight. But He didn't expect the others to let her sit with them just like that. He thought it was just like Thorax had to go through. I would have some help from him, Pinkie and Twilight to get the others to give her a chance. He asked her and she just shrugged her shoulders.

He looks at the others trying to see if anyone will tell him, and Big Mac throws him a note which he catches and reads. 'With what happened with Thorax and how you helped us see not to judge a book by its cover or passed mistakes. When she came up asking if Spike, Pinkie or Twilight was here yet for she was excited to hang out. We were not sure if she was lying or not. Expect for AppleJack then Twilight came in and confirmed that you guys were on a friendship trial. To see if it's possible for her to become friends with her. So far, the others who have interacted with her have enjoyed talking with her.'

Spike looks up and smiles at Big Mac and nods thanking him for the information. Sonata still forgetful it seems. Spike then talks to Twilight, "So Twi, how was talking with Flash."

"Spike, no." Twilight face was flushed and clearly not wanting to talk about how she feels to her knight in shining armor as Rarity would say and no Shining Armor has yet to find out. At some point, although Spike is worried that Shinning would go a bit far and become a ragging dragon if he found out and roast Flash Sentry's pants off just by pure brotherly rage.

Spike then looks to the stage of the auditorium. For Principal Celestia was standing there waiting for everyone to quiet down so she could begin. Once all the students quite down and were ready to listen. Of course, after seeing Vise-Principal Luna deadly glare telling them all to keep it down. Principal Celestia speaks, "My wonderful students welcome back to returning students and to new students who are starting their first year with us. It will be an interesting year for not only we have no students, new programs, and new systems. We also have some new teachers and/or part-time teachers who will be helping with student education. Which Vise-Principal Luna will introduce."

"Thank you Principal Celestia. Now with how things are changing we wanted to this announcement first. Would Shining Armor and Cadance come up to the stage please?" Luna speaks up to call for Shining Armor and Cadanace.

Once both get out of their seats and make their way over to the stage. Once they were both up on the stage. Vise-Principal Luna speaks, "Starting this school year we have specialist combat taught by Shining Armor as a required credit for at least 1 year class. It will be a bit of a strange times although to make it work for everyone's schedule. Now Shining Armor will be its teacher full time. While another class will be added that is not required but a useful one. This class is specialist studies. Which will be explained by the part time teacher Cadance."

"Thank you Luna. Now the new class I am teaching is planned to help out those who struggle understanding their sub-type, alongside information we have on magical items, magical places, meanings behind gifts, and more. It will be a fairly easy class to learn from and to pass. But to make the most use of it. You need to be the ones to put effort into it. This class will count for a History, Humanities, fan arts or secondary language credit. Which some of these although seem confusing on why. You can find out for yourself if you want to take it. I can't wait to meet and teach all such wonderful students this year. " Cadance explains in clear detail about things that students want to know.

This class interested Spike and it also explained why Shining told him it would be a good idea for him to leave a credit and a class time opened for one of these credits. He chose to have it as a secondary language for him it seems. Although how can one class have all of that in one year with such flexibility. It will be an experience.

Shining the comes up and speaks, "my class will be happening Monday to Friday. Each day having a different set of students. From 2:00 to 3:10. Sense everyone needs to take this each class for each day will have 466 students in each one for all 2,330 students to be able to get the credit they need. So with the aid of Principal Celestia and with the approval of parents we will be using the time slower barrier box to allow use to have double the time for class. Don't worry you well all get 30 min break during the middle of class time every time with class. I also know how tiring high school can be."

Once this is all done. The rest of the events, activities and things planned for today along with letting students get know there teachers along with Spike signing up for Cadance class. They gave out everyone's times for Shining class. Spike along with everyone of his friends all luckily got his class on Friday. Spike gave Shining a look who just winked at him and everyone else who questioned it. He likes making so everyone is feels safe and able to be themselves. So he made sure everyone had as many as their friends as he could in the same class it seemed. Plus with how big each one is. It makes sense that he made it work out like that.

Once he was done interacting with his last teacher for Math class for Monday for every A day classes. He makes his way out to see outside all his friends talking and planning it sounded like although he was to far way to hear what. Once he got over Twilight spoke to him, "Hey Spike. So You ready to head over to Pinkie's place for the party?"

"You know it. Although let's not party too late. We have two teachers with us along with you Twi that would get us in huge trouble if we miss our B day classes tomorrow on Tuesday." Spike playfully explained.

The others laugh while Twilight well blushes and Shining goes over, "ahah good one bro. But do remember that I maybe a Teacher here now. I am you're Brother and Friend first. So I won't make a peep if you don't"

Twilight then begins to rant to Shining about how he needs to act more professional and he had a job that he needs to keep. While the other start chatting it up. Sonata seemly getting along with Discord, Pinkie, Sunset and Starlight the most. They are a huge group of friends so it's understandable if they all can't interact or know what's going on all the time. Spike is happy everyone seems to get along even with newer young people like him, Apple Bloom and the others with them. As Spike was chatting with Twilight, Shining, Thorax and Ember about the plans as they head out. Once he makes are way over to Twilight's car and everyone else to there own rides to get to Pinkie Pie's family home.

Once Twilight gets into car. Spike is about to hop in. When he sees something on the ground that is fairly shiny. He picks it up and it looks like some mirror like stone. He quickly pockets it. As Twilight asks him what's the hold up. He gets in the car and Twilight begins the drive. Half way there Spike decides it maybe the best time to figure out what is going on with Twilight sense she seems even more worried know about whatever she has not told him.

"Twi, please tell me what's going on." Spike speaks out with a bit of a worried voice.

Twilight acting confused asks in return, "Spike whatever are you talking about? I am not worried about anything well other than passing my classes in school."

"Twilight, everyone else knows other than mom and dad know what is happening with you. While I don't. Even Applejack the worse keeper of secrets. You seem to trust more than me." Spike lets out his hurt.

Twilight pulls over to the side of the road as quickly and safely as she could and makes a stop on the side parking the car before hugging Spike, "Spike, I trust you the most out of anyone of our friends. Who was there for me and believe me when I said that the Cadance that Shining was marrying was a fake? You. Who was the one no matter how bad things went for me and I acted like a loony was there to calm me down? You. Who was the best little brother that my parents when he was a baby let me choose for them to adopt. You. I.... I understand you are worried. I just don't want you danger."

"Twilight. I am grateful for you're kind words. But just as much as you worry for me I worry for you. Please I want to help you and be there for you. I can't if you don't tell me what is going on." Spike pleads with Twilight.

Twilight seems to sit there in silence like she is making the biggest choice in her life. "Alright, I will tell you. With everyone else there at the party. Because it involves of them too... Just don't be mad that them. I am the one that told them no matter what not to tell you."

As Twilight starts the car again to get to Pinkie's party. It was clear that something was a foot. Now Spike is somewhat at peace. For once at the party things will change. He can now help twilight instead of feeling useless. He knows it’s going to take her awhile to not baby Spike. He could see it in her eyes that she is second guessing herself. Spike understands the feeling. What if he became more of a burden? Well it’s better to find out than to find out by accidental means. For Spike has a feeling that more than just his school life is changing forever.

Author's Note:

Hello! Everyone. Now please do point out any grammar errors and/or mistakes. I want this story to be clear as possible.

I did a lot of world building mainly with information and other details. Plus all the friends mentioned will be involved in the story if that’s not clear. I will not say how although. Thank you for reading and if you have any questions or thoughts on this let me know.