• Published 16th Jan 2024
  • 311 Views, 4 Comments

Stars of Harmony - Onyx Heart



Many years into the future, the three races of Equestria fight against each other until they need to fight a old threat together.

  • ...
 4
 311

Armored Core

Season 1 Episode 1: Armored Core

Night time outside the forest settlement of Unicorns, known as Bridlewood. A lone blue unicorn stallion walks through the forest. Just minding his business as he trots along. Just then several fighter jets flew past overhead. He managed to look up and sigh before continuing on his way.

“Looks like Bridlewood is attacking, or defending something. Though against who?” he said to himself. His spiky red mane blows in the night breeze and his glowing purple eyes glow in the night. Allowing him to see in the dark.

Elsewhere near the city of Maretime Bay. Earth Pony fighters were quickly launched. As both the Pegasi and the Unicorns were arriving. Yet despite being in a three way war with each other. These forces weren’t trying to kill each other. They were trying to stop a group of ponies, consisting of all three races, running to the city’s lighthouse.

“Okay we’ll get the third Crystal and put them together!” said a light vermillion Earth Pony mare, with moderate turquoise eyes and hair that is a moderate orchid combined with moderate heliotrope.

Next to her was a unicorn mare with a grayish mulberry coat, moderate orchid eyes, and a mane of cornflower blue and cobalt blue hair. Then there were two Pegasi. The first one is light gray, with moderate cyan eyes, and a brilliant rose mane that also has a brilliant rose and moderate cyan highlights. The other Pegasus has a coat of pale lightish gray fuschia, moderate spring bud eyes, and a mane of two shades of moderate violet. Then there was the sole Earth Pony stallion with a light amber coat, moderate tangelo eyes, and a moderate and brilliant turquoise mane.

“We’re almost there guys!” The Mulberry unicorn, Izzy Moonbow said.

Pipp Petals, the fuschia pegasus, turns to the light gray pegasus of her sister, Zipp Storm.

“You know we’re in so much trouble with mom, right!?”

Zipp was breathing heavily from all of the running, “Yeah we’re going to be grounded for life!”

The stallion turned to the vermillion mare and leader of the group, Sunny Starscout.

“You know you’re absolutely crazy!” Hitch Trailblazer said.

“I know and I’m sorry but we need this! We need to come together as one again!”

The five ran into Sunny’s home, the Lighthouse. As the jet fighters from all three settlements arrived and began dogfighting to see who got to destroy the lighthouse.

“Come on! Come get me!” A stallion with a light amaranth coat, light malachite green eyes, and a pale light grayish gamboge mane, said. “I’m the sheriff of this town! Me!”

The planes continue to use countermeasures, dodging and firing at each other. Only a few pilots were downed, and managed to parachute out to safety. Where they just tried to fight each other hoof to hoof in frustration.

Inside the lighthouse Sunny found the third and final crystal piece As the place began falling apart from the battle outside.

Above in the planet Equus’ orbit, a starship was spying on the denizens of Equestria. A unicorn stallion sits in his seat in the center of the bridge, watching the fight. A female white anthropomorphic fox walks onto the bridge and to the unicorn.

“What’s going on down there?” she asked.

“Captain Venus! Ma’am!” the pony got out his seat and saluted. Captain Venus Hart salutes back.

“You may be seated Mindstorm! Just what is going on down there?”

Mindstorm took his seat, and showed the battle raging on the main monitor.

“Looks bad!” Venus said, “Mindstorm, get the AC ready!”

“You mean the Raven?” Mindstorm asked, “Are you sure we need to send it? This could backfire badly on us.”

“Yes it could but we need to drop it somewhere it’s safe from these battling ponies. Scan for someplace less populated.”

Mindtorm did as he was ordered to do. He found a clearing a bit away from Bridlewood. He pointed to it and Venus nodded. Mindstorm salutes and enters a command into his console.

In the hanger workers put the Raven class Armored Core together. The upper half is a robot with energy rifles held in the hands, a single multi-missile launcher in between two EMP cannons on the back. As well as laser blades mouthed on the wrists, used like bird talons to shred or scratch opponents in melee combat. The head has protective metal pieces in the shape of a raven head, and the hips has two magnetic strips that hold the rifles. Its lower half are a pair of inverted legs, making it more resemble the legs of a bird. As well as protective metal wings on the back with booster rockets. Making the Raven able to hover and fly to move around. The entire AC is painted black with blue accents. One worker called up to the bridge.

“The Raven is ready!” He said, “It’s AI controlled until a pilot takes over controls!”

“Glad to hear it!” Venus replied, "Mindstorm!" Launch the Raven!”

“Launching!” Mindstorm slammed his hoof down onto a red button on the holographic keyboard. In the hangar everyone cleared, as the Raven is enveloped into a pod, and as the engines of the Raven’s launch pod flared off. Propelling the Raven forward, as it was launched via the catapult. The Raven flew down towards the planet, Using its pod to resist burning up in the planet’s atmosphere.

The blue unicorn laid in front of a fire outside his solitary cabin inside the woods. He has spent all of his adult life here. Well at least ever since he found a special power, a long lost magic that only he has been able to harness for himself. It was his punishment to be exiled from Bridlewood, by the settlement’s leader Alphabittle. This pony didn’t seem to mind, he was always alone anyway. He was in his own thoughts when the Raven crashed into the forest near his cabin. It brought him out of his thoughts. He looked and saw the pod opening up like a flower blooming. The Raven drew his curiosity. He made his way towards the mecha, looking for the cockpit door to enter. Only for the door to open itself. Beckoning him inside.

THe unicorn had to use his “shadow magic” in order to climb his way up. Creating shadow tendrils to act as hands in order to climb. Finally entering the cockpit. The door closes once he sits down, terrifying him.

“Um hello?” he asked, “Can I get out please?”

The console lit up as well as the rest of the cockpit. Then a female synthesized voice spoke up.

“Welcome! I am this Armored Core’s AI, Morrigan.”

“Um hi Morrigan! I’m Magus Spellblade and I want out!” the unicorn replied.

“You are my new pilot!” Morrigan said, “Right now there are five ponies being hunted by several fighter jets and if we don’t do anything, they will die!”

Magus didn’t want this, nor asked for this. Yet his conscience wouldn’t let him forgive himself if he let innocent ponies die.

“Alright, fine! I’ll help just this once!” Magus exclaimed, “But I don’t want to kill anyone!”

“Noted!” Morrigan has the Raven holster the guns onto the magnetic strips and raises the EMP cannons onto the shoulders. As the Raven took to the sky to find those five ponies and stop the jet fighters of all three races.

“Please note your callsign from now on is ‘Raven’!” Morrigan stated.

“Raven… Got it!” Magus replied.

As the Raven was on its way. The three sides were now fighting each other while trying to destroy Sunny Starscout’s home. Her new friends Zipp Storm, Pipp Petals, Izzy Moonbow and Hitch Trailblazer were gathered inside the vermillion mare’s house.

“So what are we looking for?” Zipp asked Sunny.

“A circular gemstone!” Sunny replied, “Something that will fit in the center of this unity crystal!”

ONe pegasus fighter fires missiles at the ground. Fortunately, it doesn’t hit Sunny’s home directly, but near the main entrance. The resulting explosion destroys the front door and sends the ponies inside flying a few feet, along with a lamp that breaks completely. Revealing a circular clear diamond crystal, that improved the lamp’s lighting. Sunny smiles when she sees it.

“There it is!” Sunny grabs the third and final gem and puts it in the center of the Unity Crystal. A crystal containing all of the magic of ponykind, that Twilight Sparkle sealed inside a century ago. In an incident called the Fires of Equestria.

Outside Zipp and Pipp’s mother Queen Haven arrived with Phyllis Cloverleaf, the de facto leader of Earth Ponies and Alphabittle, the leader of Unicorns. All three watched the chaos in stunned silence. This was not supposed to happen. Sunny Starscout was to be stopped, not executed!

“This is pure chaos!” Alphabittle said, “Phyllis, was this your idea?”

“No!” Phyllis exclaimed, “I wanted her to be stopped, not killed!”

It finally dawned on Phyllis, who is responsible for even suggesting the idea of this insanity, her son Sprout. Speaking of Sprout…

“Why are you all missing!?” Sprout shouted into his comm unit, “Take out those enemy fighters! I’ll handle Sunny Starscout! How dare she try to re-unite the tribes.”

The Earth Pony fighters break formation to engage enemy targets. While Sprout targeted Sunny’s house. It was then that two EMP beams hurl towards two small groups of the fighters. Exploding into an area of effect blast. Causing the pilots to effect as their planes go crashing onto the ground nearby.

“What was that!?” Sprout exclaimed, Then he saw the Raven approaching hard and fast.

(Opening Theme)

“Now’s our chance!” Sunny told the others. As they thought of how to activate the crystal. As the three leaders found their way inside.

“Zipp! Pipp!” Haven runs up to her daughters and hugs them. Alphabittle checks on Izzy.

Hitch stood next to Sunny as she tried and failed to get the crystal to work, when Phyllis approached them.

“Sunny! I’m sorry!” Phyllis stated, “This was not my intention for this! I only wanted to stop you on this crazy crusade!”

Sunny stopped and stared down at the unity crystal. All of the magic of all three pony races is right there and it can’t be unlocked. She sheds a single tear.

“You were right…” Sunny said, “This crystal is useless! I can’t get it to activate!”

Phyllis and Hitch hug Sunny and comfort her as she sobs. More tears landing on the crystal.

Outside more and more jets were hit with an EMP blast from the shoulder mounted cannons. All pilots bailed once their jets were out of action. When they landed they all ran at each other to fight hoof to hoof.

“This is insane!” Magus said, “Even without their jets and weapons, they’re still fighting! Exactly why are they doing this! WHAT IS THE FIGHTING ALL FOR!?”

Then a light shone within Sunny’s lighthouse. Inside Sunny was still sobbing until she saw the unity crystal glowing. “Look!”

Everybody stopped and stared at the crystal. It was glowing brighter and brighter until A rainbow light shot out into the sky. Then it split into multiple rainbow light ribbons that engulfed the ponies. Some tried to run away, but they were caught up in it as well. Finally each pony was able to fly if Pegasus, use physical magic if Unicorn and grow plants instantly. Even Magus was able to use his actual magic talent instead of his shadow magic.

“This is AWESOME!” Magus exclaimed.

“That is nice and all, but we have one more enemy in the sky and we’re out of EMP shots!” Morrigan said, “The cannons have to cool down and recharge in order to be used again!”

Magus saw Sprout’s jet in front of him hovering. “What can we use?”

“Only one thing… Though I suggest you aim for the wings.” Morrigan said.

In the cockpit Sprout was furious! He was growling like an animal. Here was this mysterious thing taking down every fighter jet and now it was gunning for him. Sprout pushed forward to the AC, and the AC activated it’s laser “talon” blades. Then flew towards the jet fighter.

Both pilots screamed in fury as they neared each other. Everyone stopped to see the AC lower itself, while raising the Raven Talons and slicing off the wings Sprout bailed quickly, as he parachuted down, Phyllis used her Earth Pony magic to grow a large stalk to catch him and bring him down to her.

“Oh hi mommy!” He said, “Was I a good sheriff?”

Phyllis shook her and signed. “Sprout, you know I love no matter what… Saying that… You were NOT a good sheriff! You started a homicidal war between the races! You almost killed your life long friends Hitch and Sunny! So… YOU ARE IN A BIG TROUBLE MISTER!”

Sprout lowered his ears and looked at his mother in wide eyed shock. This was a new side of her!

Everyone in the destroyed lighthouse walked outside as the Raven landed.

“Now who is inside this thing?” Alphabittle asked.

“Could this be like those old weapons from ancient Equestria, my dad studied?” Sunny asked, “I think they were called Titans.”

“Don’t think so Sunny!” Hitch says.

The cockpit door opened. Then tension of who this mysterious pilot was, the pilot that helped end a war that could’ve killed dozens if not hundreds of ponies. Magus used his new magical powers to lower himself down to the ground. Which surprised Alphabittle and Izzy. The others were confused.

“MAGUS SPELLBLADE!?” both exclaimed.

“That’s right!” Magus said. “This mecha just crashed and landed near my cabin in the forest!”

“We’re just surprised to see you again!” Izzy said, “Ever since you were exiled for finding that magical power!”

“What magical power?” Sunny asked.

As if on cue, Magus created several shadow tendrils. Creeping out the others but making Sunny fascinated. “This very power is what the Unicorns of Bridlewood are so afraid of. The power to control shadows freely!”

Somewhere inside a dark castle on the side of a mountain. Stood a moderate magenta alicorn mare with moderate cobalt blue eyes and a light magentaish gray and pale light grayish opal mane. Along with her only minion, a sky blue unicorn mare with mint green eyes and a navy blue and teal green mane. Both watch as a space shuttle from the starship in orbit lands, and the entire group are talking to Venus and Mindstorm.

“It’s back! The magic is back and soon I’ll reclaim what is mine!” The alicorn then laughed maniacally.

Later when Magus returned the Raven to its pod, he went back to his cabin with Venus and Mindstorm.

“So will you join us? Right now we have a mission on the planet Rubicon. The cult Quasar is targeting our Coral Refineries, and we have to stop them!” Venus said.

“Will I be able to return back here once it’s over?” Magus asked. Venus nods.

“Alright! I’m in!”

“Oh thank you Magus!” Venus said.

“By the way, what is the name of your squadron that I’ll be helping?” Magus asked.

“You are now a member of Task Force Pulsar and the ship is called the Buster!” Venus said.

“Alright! Sounds good!” Magus gets up and extinguishes his fire. Before joining the two soldiers on board their ship. The pod containing the Raven lifted off and escaped the atmosphere with its leftover fuel, before going back to the Buster.

Ending Theme