• Published 17th Nov 2023
  • 617 Views, 11 Comments

G5 Adventures in Rudolph's Shiny New Year - ponydog127



Following their Christmas adventure, the Mane 6, Rudolph, Borealis and some new friends are sent on a new mission to find the Baby New Year and stop a giant monster bird's evil plot and save a village of auroricorns from an evil snow leopard.

  • ...
 11
 617

The Island of 1776/Bringing Back Opaline

As the gang left Starlight Ridge and their new friends behind, they discovered that the night had passed very slowly, and it was only December 30th, giving them another day to find Happy and get him back to Father Time’s castle before midnight on New Year’s.

Speaking of Happy himself, that old wind held the Baby New Year aloft for more than a day. But then, just as suddenly as it blew up... it blew Happy away again.

Happy was getting tired of holding onto his hat for all those long hours, so he looked above the cover of the clouds to see a kite rising out of it, and decided to hop on it and let the kite lower him back down the solid ground.

As the kite lowered back down to the ground, the figure holding the kite and the Equestrian figure beside him came into view.

The figure flying the kite looked a lot like Benjamin Franklin, with the same hairstyle, glasses and those same kinds of clothes on that the colonists used to wear.

The pony beside him was a pegasus pony with red and white feathers on her wings, gentle brown eyes, a red and white striped mane and tail, a cutie mark of the American flag and a blue coat with darker blue hooves.

Happy slid down the kite string into the arms of the man, much to his surprise and delight. “Well, hello there, little fellow!” he greeted. “I'm 1776, but my friends call me Sev. And this is my pony helper, Freedom Pledge. Would you be our friend?”

Happy only cooed, but he seemed to like the idea of having some friends at last. “Aww, aren’t you the sweetest little thing?” Freedom cooed before humming in thought. “I'm not really sure who you are or where you came from... but you're more than welcome to join our big Fourth of July celebration.”

However, Happy seemed pretty confused about this, leaving Sev to explain. “Oh, I know you think it's December 30th, but not on this island. No, sirree! On this island, every day is the Fourth of July.”

Suddenly, the giant bell in the center of town began to ring, and the three of them could see that many people were gathering on the side of the streets. “Ooh, yes! We have to go, Sev!” Freedom exclaimed. “We don't wanna be late for the best part of the day!”

“Ha ha ha! Of course we don't,” Sev chuckled as he turned to Happy and followed the pegasus forward. “Come on! You're just in time for the big parade!”

XXXXXXXX

The parade that Sev and Freedom spoke of may have been small, but it was full of happy and supportive people that loved to pay their respects to the United States flag...

...especially when there was a peppy song playing.

There's a happy celebration
In each town across the nation
At the Fourth of July Parade

All the grown-ups and the kiddies
In the towns and the cities
Love the Fourth of July Parade

With the drums a ra-ta-tapping
And the fire crackers snapping
Proudly flags are all displayed
Oh it's grand just to be
Inside a land that is free
And see the Fourth of July Parade

Join the crowds on Independence Day
The birthday of the USA
And take a picnic on your way

Soon you'll hear the bells
As they begin to play
To one and all, a very happy holiday

Say!

XXXXXXXX

“This way, guys! A pop-star influencer princess always knows a parade when she sees one!” Pipp said as she led her friends down the path toward the town. “And that's definitely a place Happy might go to find friends!”

“Phew! I hope you're right, Pipp!” Hitch panted as they ran after her. “Cause my hooves are getting twice as tired from running for at least two and half a miles, no stopping!”

Suddenly, they stopped at the top of the hill, only to see fireworks lighting up the sky, making Pipp smirk. “What did I tell you?”

“Nice thinking, Pipp!” Rudolph smiled. “I think you better lead the way!”

“You got it! Follow me!”

XXXXXXXX

As the gang rushed down the path, Sev and Freedom, along with Happy, finally reached the parade, and the song continued the minute that they found the perfect spot to watch.

With the drums a ra-ta-tapping
And the firecrackers snapping
Proudly flags are all displayed
Oh, it's grand just to be
Inside a land that is free
And see the Fourth of July Parade!

As the song came to a close, the flag seemed to get closer, and while Freedom bowed, Sev turned to look down at Happy. “Hey, little fella, your hat! Got to show respect for the flag.”

Happy whimpered nervously at this, not wanting to be disrespectful, but then again... he didn't want to reveal his secret either.

But, in a tug-of-war fight between good and bad decisions, he decided to take off his hat and show respect than not show respect st all.

XXXXXXXX

“This way, everyone!” Rudolph said as he and Pipp took the lead. “The parade is over on that next block!”

“Gadzooks!” cried Sir 1023 as they rounded the corner. “I'm certain twas Happy we saw!”

But by the time that they managed to reach the parade route, however, they were faced with a crowd roaring with laughter, Sev and Freedom included, and Happy was nowhere to be seen. “Oh no!” Borealis groaned. “We were too late!”

“It happened again!” Rudolph spoke in disappointment. “Everypony, split up!” Sunny said as she activated her alicorn form. “We have to find Happy before he gets too far off!”

With this command in mind, they spread out through the crowded city streets, shouting Happy's name at the top of their lungs.

“HAPPY!!!”

“HAPPY, WHERE ARE YOU?!”

“Come on, Happy! Don’t run away!”

“Your ears are adorable!”

“We wanna bring you back home!”

However… no Happy was in sight, much to their disappointment. “I don’t understand!” Zipp said. “We just had Happy and now we’ve lost him again!”

“Happy…?”

Everyone turned to see Sev and Freedom Pledge approaching them. “Happy was the little baby’s name?” Freedom asked. “Yes, it is,” Sunny nodded. “Maybe you two can help us. Do you know what happened?”

“Unfortunately, we do,” Sev nodded sadly. “Come with us back to our home, and we will explain further.”

XXXXXXXX

After Sev and Freedom brought the group back to their log cabin home, they explained what went down at the parade, causing Sunny and Rudolph to begin to explain why Happy ran away to begin with.

Needless to say, Sev and Freedom felt immense guilt over the event that had occurred. “We feel so terrible,” Freedom sighed. “We didn’t mean to be cruel!”

“Those ears, those ears…” Sev chuckled a bit before stopping himself. “But you can count on Freedom and me to help you look for him!”

“Thank you… both of you,” Misty smiled gratefully. “You have no idea how much this means to us.”

“So… let’s all think,” Zipp spoke. “Where might Happy might go if he gets off this island? If we get there first, maybe we can head him off!”

But before anyone else could respond, a horrifyingly familiar screech filled the air, causing the ponies to gasp and rush outside, all their friends in pursuit. “Oddsbonkins!” Sir 1023 exclaimed. “Methinks that sounds like…”

“Methinks too!” said O.M as they rushed outside. “Sounds like, looks like, smells like…”

“It is! Look!” Hitch pointed up to the sky, where Aeon was comforting a crying Happy on his back. “There, there. I'll take you home with me,” he squawked before flying off. “With me!”

“Aeon’s tricked him again!” Rudolph exclaimed. “Poor little Happy thinks Aeon is the only friend he has in the world,” Borealis whimpered. “And if Aeon keeps Happy past midnight tomorrow night, it’ll be New Year’s Eve forever!”

“We must pursue them!” Sir 1023 began to walk down the path and into the dark forest. “Yes, we must after them to the ends of the Earth! Dear victory is ours! For each dawn we die! We must after them!”

“But how? It’s night!” Sev argued. “Yeah!” Freedom agreed. “We can’t see a thing!”

“That’s where I come in!” Rudolph said before making his nose glow, surprising Sev and Freedom. “Come on, men! We've got one day till New Years!”

“This is our last chance!” Borealis said. “Let’s go get that monster bird!”

And with that, the group immediately darted after the little reindeer and fox, hoping that they would have enough time to spare and save the day before it was too late.

XXXXXXXX

Paradise heaved and huffed as she climbed up the very tall, icy mountain where the Amulet of Spiritalia was supposed to be, distinctly muttering to herself. “Why does every magical thing have to be precariously perched on a hill with stuff in the way?! Ugh… here’s an idea!!” she shouted to the sky. “Bury your magic things within hoof's reach!!!

However, her prayers of reaching the cave were soon answered, and she was happy to know that her long journey was finally over... for in that moment, she saw a beautiful golden amulet with a teal jewel inside... the Amulet of Spiritalia.

The item she wanted to find for so long.

But as she took her first steps inside, she triggered some sort of booby trap which allowed arrows to fly out of the cave walls and directly toward her! Paradise screamed and dodged the arrows to the best of her ability, and thanks to her traveling, she grew agile enough to get to the other side and get to the amulet safe and sound.

Now... all she had to do was make her wish.

Paradise gently levitated the necklace and put it on before turning toward the bare cave walls in front of her, taking a deep breath. “I wish… I… I wish…”

Why could she feel herself stammering and delaying herself from her goal? This is what she wanted ever since she encountered her daughter and her friends back in Nowhere, Kansas!

No... she couldn't think about Misty any longer. No matter how much she wanted to.

Clearing her daughter from her thoughts, she took a deep breath and started again. “I wish that I was able to bring my mother, Opaline Arcana, back from the cold rivers of death, so we may vanquish Equestria together!”

Upon hearing Paradise's wish, the amulet glowed and sent a swirl of light throughout the cave before beginning to materialize into a taller figure... an alicorn with dark purple fur, a white mane and tail with cyan streaks and those menacing deep blue eyes.

When the spell was finally complete, the magic returned to the amulet, and the alicorn before Paradise groaned. “What in Equestria’s name happened to me…?” she wondered before looking over and seeing Paradise, her eyes widening. “Paradise…?”

“Yes…. it’s me, Mother,” the unicorn said with a smile, and rushed over to hug her. Well… she would have hugged her, if her mother had not put up a hoof. “What have I told you about physical contact with royalty?”

“Oh… of course,” Paradise said before she bowed in respect. “That’s far better,” Opaline smirked before she looked around. “Where are we?”

“The North Pole. I used the Amulet of Spiritalia to--”

“I don’t want the full details!” Opaline snapped. “Just… tell me. How long have I been gone?”

“8 months, give or take.”

Opaline growled in frustration before turning to her adopted daughter. “You must tell me everything that went on in my absence… so I may begin my revenge plan.”

Paradise looked confused at that. “R-Revenge?”

“Yes… upon Sunny Starscout, Misty Brightdawn… and every other meddlesome pony that gets in my way.

“Oh… oh, of course!” cried Paradise. “But… how do you plan your revenge on them exactly?”

“Simple, daughter dearest,” Opaline said smugly. “First, I take their cutie mark magic. And then, to make sure they never stand in my way of conquering Equestria again… they and all their friends… will be destroyed.

Opaline cackled victoriously at this, causing Paradise to gulp in fear as one question and one question alone entered her mind…

What have I done…?

Author's Note:

Surprising twist, right?!

This is what the Amulet of Spiritalia looks like:

Pin on Objects (pinterest.com)