• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 3,064 Views, 17 Comments

(SiC) Part 3 - Pinkie Pie's Sugary Problem - Brian Jacko



Pinkie Pie goes on a diet.

  • ...
7
 17
 3,064

A Program for Pinkie Pie

BANG! "Up 'n at 'em missy! Today is a new day 'n we sure got some work cut out for ya!" Applejack had bucked the door open and stood there with her chest proudly sticking out. She looked for Pinkie, but she wasn't there. She then looked up and saw Pinkie clinging to the ceiling fan and shaking. Applejack grabbed her tail and yanked her down to the floor.

Pinkie rubbed her eyes and looked outside the window. "Applejack, do you have any idea what time it is? The sun isn't even up yet."

Applejack simply laughed and said, "Pinkie, back at the farm the roosters are already callin' 'n I have been up for a few hours already. It's time we head on over to the farm 'n get ya started, but first ya gotta eat somethin' healthy. I reckon Mr. and Mrs. Cake left you some breakfast on the table downstairs."

Pinkie Pie stumbled down the stairs. She shook her head several times. She could hear a ringing in her ears and faint voices in her head. She had never been up this early before and her mind wasn't ready to deal with such a dramatic change.

"There ya go, Pinkie. Eggs 'n toast! Eat up so we can get goin'!"

Pinkie played with her food a bit. She was used to having a few chocolate chip muffins everyday for breakfast.

"C'mon Pinkie! Those eggs are good protein, and ya need protein if ya wanna build muscle and be strong like me." Applejack flexed her muscles with her front leg.

Pinkie Pie eventually finished her meal and off they went to the farm.

"Now Pinkie, I know yer a bit under the weather bein' that yer life style has changed so dramatically 'n such, but I'm gonna have ya buck some apples." Applejack went into the barn and brought out a few barrels for Pinkie Pie to fill up. She placed the barrels under the tree and gave the tree a hard buck. Out fell several apples. "All ya need to do is give it a good swift kick." Applejack walked over across the road and sat under the shade of another tree. She laid back against it and put a weed between her teeth. "Go on, Pinkie. Don't just stand there, get to it!"

Pinkie stared angrily at Applejack and yelled out, "Well, what do you think you're going to do!? You expect me to do all of this work while you just sit there and watch me?"

Applejack chuckled and said, "Pinkie, I already filled up most of my barrels for the mornin'. Yer just helpin' me out on the farm a bit. It's good that we getcha on a new mornin' routine and that ya do a lil' work. No more stayin' up past midnight watchin' movies and eatin' ice cream. It's for yer own good, now git!"

Pinkie Pie stomped her hoof in frustration and bucked the tree with all her might. Loose twigs and a few leaves fell down.

"Ya'll call that a kick? C'mon Pinkie! Give me at least one barrel full of apples.

Pinkie bucked harder and harder. Eventually, some apples came down. When she filled up one barrel, she collapsed to the ground, exhausted and sweating bullets. "H-h-how do you do it, Applejack?" Pinkie asked as she gasped for air.

Applejack laughed again and said, "A lil' hard work ain't never hurt no pony, Pinkie Pie! We have been hard workers fer generations on the farm. I reckon ya just need a good kick in the backside! Ya look rather tired, why don't ya have a few apples? They're healthy fer ya 'n organic, unlike my competitors fruits and veggies, that are sprayed with pesticides 'n use GMO's. We here are pure 'n fresh on the farm. Here, have an apple." Applejack stuffed an apple in Pinkie Pie's mouth. "Remember to buy apples from my farm only. It helps my family out and it's a healthier choice for ya, if ya know what I mean. Insects and parasprites love 'em and so should you!"

"Mmmmph Mmppph," Pinkie said with a mouthful of fruit.

"Well, ya could help me with some more farm chores if ya want to, but it looks like yer mighty tired there. Why don't ya git home 'n rest up. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll be keepin' track of how many apples ya bring in. I expect a lot more improvement from ya as the days go by."

Pinkie Pie groaned and lifted her body off the ground with great effort. She was done for the day and was exhausted.

At home, she took a bath with Gummy. Gummy stayed latched onto her ear for the majority of the time. Pinkie sighed and swished the water around with her hoof. She was going through heavy sugar withdrawal and her body was shaking. "I had no idea life would be this hard without my sweets." She pried the alligator off her ear and held him in her hooves.

His eyes blinked out of sync.

"Oh Gummy, I just don't know how much longer I can last. You should have seen what Applejack did to me out there. I thought I was going to die. You understand don't you?"

Gummy's eyes again blinked out of sync. He then jumped from her hooves and latched back onto her ear again.

She got out of the tub and looked into the mirror. She looked so much older now and her belly was sticking out. She sighed and took the baby alligator back with her into her bedroom. She pried him off her ear and put him under her bed. She was so tired, but she made her way downstairs. She was surprised to see Spike waiting for her with some food on the table.

"Hi Pinkie! Ready for a healthy meal again?" the baby dragon asked.

Pinkie blinked several times and said, "Spike, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in charge of the library today?"

Spike laughed and said, "I was, but Twilight will be watching over the library today. She also gave me a whole case full of my favorite gem stones to eat today as a reward for coming here to take care of you from now on. Those gemstones were found by.....Rarity." Spike closed his eyes in pleasure at the thought that Rarity had given him this gift. Spike suddenly jerked forward and snapped out of it. He pushed the meal over to Pinkie, and she sat down and began to eat it.

It would be a long day for her, but at least her day with Applejack was over and she couldn't wait to fall asleep after lunch.



Pinkie Pie woke up to the sound of giggling. She picked her head up and turned around.

BANG! A bolt of lightning came inches away from her hooves.

She let out a scream in fear.

There was a storm cloud hovering just outside her window.

Rainbow Dash flew in and started rolling on the floor laughing. "Oh Pinkie, you should have seen the look on your face! It was priceless!"

Pinkie didn't say anything.

"Oh come on now! I thought you were always down for a good prank."

"I'm just not in the mood right now," Pinkie said glumly. "I'm done for the day. Please let me rest."

Rainbow Dash hovered in mid air and put her front hooves on her hips. "Well, that's not what Twilight told me. I have orders to pick you up for some athletic training whether you like it or not."

Pinkie hid under the bed, but Rainbow Dash grabbed her just in time before she got too far under. Pinkie Pie started kicking and screaming, but Rainbow Dash wouldn't let go.

Rainbow Dash held her with all four legs wrapped around her and hovered in the air for a bit before taking off outside of the window.

They soon arrived in a field where there was obstacles set up all around the place.

Rainbow Dash gently put Pinkie down, she put her whistle in her mouth and blew into it loudly. "Alright Pinkie, they didn't vote for me for nothing to train you in some athletics. They obviously wanted the best of the best for you, so let's get to it!"

Pinkie Pie walked over to Rainbow and rested her head against her shoulder. "Dashie, please be nice to me today. Applejack really worked me hard and I don't have much energy left in me to do all of this. I hope you won't hurt me."

Rainbow paused and thought to herself. She felt a little bad for Pinkie and came down to her level. "Aw, come on, Pinkie, I might be a tough cookie sometimes, but I'm not going to hurt you. Good ol' Dashie knows what's best for one of her closest friends and I really care about you. I'll tell you what, I'll let you have as many breaks as you want as long as you Pinkie Pie swear that you'll do your best for me? Is that a deal?"

Pinkie nodded yes slowly.

Rainbow Dash gave her a tight hug. "Alright let's get started!" she said. Rainbow Dash took her through the tires and she bounced as high as she could through each one. She then leapt over lots of hurdles and ran around poles in a zigzag fashion. Pinkie made a few mistakes, but was determined to please Dashie so that she could get a few breaks. She tip-hoofed across balance beams and swam through a lake.

Rainbow took her through what seemed an endless amount of obstacles. She would hover above Pinkie and cheer her on as she made her way through each one.

When Pinkie reached the end of the course, Rainbow blew her whistle loudly. "Alright Pinkie! Water break time." Rainbow tossed her a jug of water.

Pinkie gulped down the jug of water and lay exhausted in the grass.

Rainbow blew her whistle again and screamed out, "OK Pinkie, let's get through this course ONE more time! Get up!"

Pinkie's heart sank in her chest. She looked up at Rainbow, who was hovering above her with her front legs crossed.

"Oh, but Dashie. You promised me you'd be nice to me today. I can't go on. I'm in so much pain and I'm so tired."

Rainbow came back down to the ground and put her front leg around her. "OK, Pinkie. I'll take it easy on you, but just for today. I'm really proud that you didn't stop or take any breaks during the first run through. I noticed you put in a lot of extra effort into this. I normally don't go this soft on other ponies, but I know you're going through a very hard time, so just for today I'm going to cut you some slack. You'd better come with your "A" game for tomorrow though!" Rainbow Dash blew her whistle in her ear. "Alright, you're free to go to your next trainer."

"My next trainer?" Pinkie Pie wondered to herself. Pinkie Pie turned around to see Fluttershy sitting nervously behind her.

Fluttershy spoke up, "Ummm Pinkie, are you ready to spend the rest of the afternoon with me?"

Pinkie Pie sighed and walked over to Fluttershy's house.

Once there, they began to take care of some of the animals.

Pinkie Pie was helping by feeding some chickens and then asked the yellow mare, "How is this supposed to help me again?"

Fluttershy threw some seeds out and said, "Sometimes, we all need to show a little love to others in order to love ourselves more, and helping out the animals is something that you can do to feel good about yourself. I understand that you're going through a hard time with your sugar withdrawal and everything. You need to do positive things so that you can build yourself back up and feel good about what you did. I think the animals are already starting to like you."

One of Fluttershy's bunnies came up and nuzzled against Pinkie's front leg.

Pinkie began to get teary and said, "This is a wonderful idea. I thought you were going to put me through more strenuous work like Applejack and Rainbow Dash did.

"Oh no, Pinkie," Fluttershy cooed. "I mean this is work, tending to all of the creatures, but you had enough exercise for the day. Just try to enjoy all of the animals and the beautiful weather and get in touch with nature.

Pinkie Pie drew in a breath of fresh air and said, "You know Fluttershy, this is really nice. I'm so glad you're my friend and that you're so kind. I really appreciate you."

Pinkie hugged her friend tightly.

Fluttershy giggled a bit and said, "Oh, you know I care about you Pinkie, and I think Applejack and Rainbow Dash may not be as understanding, but I'll always be a kind friend to ponies in need."

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie finished taking care of all of the animals.

They then went over to the spa to see Rarity.

The three of them got into the hot tub and began to chat. "So Pinkie, how did your day go?" Rarity asked.

Pinkie sank low into the warm water with a frown on her face and said, "Oh Rarity, I'm so confused and sad. I don't know if Dashie or Applejack love me anymore. You should have seen how hard they were on me. They didn't even give me a cookie or anything for a reward. Well, at least Rainbow gave me a break today, but she sounded like she was going to go hard on me tomorrow. I just don't want to see them again."

Rarity flicked her mane with her hoof and said, "Well, I know all about those two ponies. They can be so.....so.....SO UNLADYLIKE. It is truly vile how they both get so dirty with their work and sports, it's just so....so.....UNGH! You should have seen the time when I had a sleep over with Applejack at Twilight's house. I don't understand how a pony can get so dirty and not care a thing in the world about it! Oh, and that Rainbow Dash! Don't even get me started with her. She has absolutely no taste in style and can't even sit through one simple session at the spa. Those two ponies are just so....so...."

"Um, excuse me Rarity, perhaps you are just being a bit overly dramatic about this?" Fluttershy asked quietly.

Rarity simply smiled and said, "Well, I do suppose we got over our differences and are all good friends again, but I could never imagine having to spend most of the day with the likes of those two, getting all dirty and sweaty! Why, it was bad enough that I to had get all muddy when I competed in the Sister Hooves Social Race with Sweetie Belle, but that was for a very special reason I guess." Rarity sighed.

Pinkie rolled her eyes at Rarity's rant and asked, "So how does being at the spa suppose to help me with my problems?"

"Oh dear, after all the work you went through today, your body needs a special time to heal and relax. This will help take away all that stress and wash all that dirt away that's probably clogging all of your pores! You don't want THAT now do you? Why, you could end up with a pimple!" Rarity replied as she put her hoof to her forehead at the possible thought of that. Rarity put her hoof down into the water again and said, "We're also here to provide encouragement and support for you. A good Bible verse that comes to mind is, therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing."

Pinkie Pie shrugged and asked, "So, after this am I free for the night? It's been such a long, hard day! I can't imagine anyone else wanting me to do more work!"

Fluttershy spoke up nervously, "Well, umm, you have one more place to go. I have to drop you off at Twilight Sparkle's house."

Pinkie Pie turned a darker shade of pink and said, "Oh, her. The one who got me into this mess in the first place!" Pinkie Pie frowned and crossed her front legs in protest.

After much effort, Fluttershy and Rarity were able to get Pinkie over to Twilights house.

Once inside, Twilight greeted her with a big smile.

Pinkie was still unhappy.

Fluttershy spoke up nervously, "Um, I guess Rarity and I had better get going. It's getting late. Um, have fun with Twilight, Pinkie. Goodbye."

Rarity shut the door behind them and the two mares were left alone together.

Twilight looked around and smiled awkwardly. "So, tell me all about your day, Pinkie. How did everything go?"

Pinkie exploded in rage. "TWILIGHT! Why did you have to get me into this mess? I am tired, and in pain, and I haven't been able to have ONE cupcake the entire day. Do you know how this feels for me?" Pinkie dragged her front hoof across the floor several times and leapt at Twilight.

Twilight simply teleported out of the way and Pinkie landed face first into an open book. Twilight casted a spell that put Pinkie Pie in a bubble.

Pinkie couldn't get out. She was trapped inside with a book.

Twilight walked several circles around Pinkie and said, "Now, I know you're not happy about this, but this is your final task for the day. I want you to sit there and read a chapter of that book about eating healthy and exercising. It's important that you learn what good health is Pinkie. Remember, there is no knowledge that is not power."

Pinkie grumbled some words and began to read. When she finished the chapter, she told Twilight what she had learned. Twilight was satisfied with what she said and lifted the spell off of her.

Pinkie sat there and stared at Twilight in anger. "I am SO hungry! Aren't you going to give me some kind of reward for all of this work!?" she asked.

Twilight shook her head in disappointment and said, "Pinkie, all of us have been taking so much time off from our daily lives just to help you. You need to be grateful for all of this. I can't give in and let you have sweets. I feel it's best that you go cold turkey until your type two diabetes is gone. The best I can offer you is a stalk of celery." Twilight Sparkle levitated a stalk towards Pinkie, but Pinkie slapped it away with her hoof and yelled, "I'd rather starve!"

Twilight lowered her head and replied, "Then I guess you must not be that hungry, Pinkie. You have to remember that our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, and we have to bless our bodies and take good care of them."

Pinkie fumed and stormed out of the house and headed home.

Twilight simply watched her from her window and sighed, "Someday she'll be grateful. Someday."