• Published 4th Nov 2023
  • 262 Views, 5 Comments

Lost in Battle - MomoSeyfret



In a parallel world, a top-secret special forces squad from WW1, known as The Shadow Sentinels, finds themselves in Equestria, a land inhabited by colorful, intelligent ponies.

  • ...
 5
 262

Chapter 6: Stressful Meeting

Journal Entry - The Shadow Sentinels

Date: Sun Year 2000

Our hearts pounded in our chests as we pointed our weapons at the strange and colorful beings before us, demanding their compliance. The creatures—no, the ponies—stood frozen, their eyes wide with fear.

Wraith, always the observant one, noticed something peculiar about the purple horse. Her head was adorned with a shimmering horn. He swiftly signaled to Phantom, conveying his discovery. Phantom, recognizing the potential significance of this detail, gave the order.

"Delta, secure the purple unknown," Phantom said, keeping his tone steady and focused. He turned to Silent Strike and added, "Charlie, cover Delta for hostile action."

The instructions were clear, and the Sentinels moved with precision. First, Tempest approached the purple horse, barking orders for her to stop her mystical display and lie on the ground.

"Stop with that on your head and get down on the ground, NOW!" Tempest shouted. The purple horse hesitated for a moment before reluctantly obeying, her horn still bathed in a soft, lilac glow.

Tempest's patience wore thin. "TURN THAT STRANGE LIGHT OFF NOW, OR ELSE!" he yelled, the urgency in his voice clear. The horse complied, extinguishing the magical glow. As she did, the atmosphere in the clearing seemed to ease, but the tension still hung heavy in the air.

Meanwhile, Wraith kept a watchful eye on the other horses, ready to react at the first sign of hostility. As he observed, something caught his attention. The blue pony began to unfurl her wings, moving slowly and cautiously.

Wraith's voice rang out, warning of the sudden movement. "BLUE TANGO MOVING! BLUE HORSE, STOP MOVING OR WE WILL USE FORCE!"

The other Sentinels swiftly directed their weapons toward the blue horse. Phantom added his authoritative voice, demanding her compliance. "STOP NOW!"

The blue horse hesitated for a moment, then continued her movements, pushing the Sentinels to the brink. Phantom wasted no time. "Neutralize all targets."

With that order, Phantom and Tempest rushed the group, knocking out the blue, white, and pink horses. The orange and purple horses, however, refused to submit without a fight. The purple horse utilized her horn to vanish before their very eyes and reappear behind the Sentinels.

The orange horse charged Tempest, attempting to buck him but missing as he swiftly evaded the attack. The situation had escalated, and the Sentinels were forced to employ more aggressive tactics.

Wraith, always the sharpshooter, took action. His rifle roared to life as he fired a warning shot that darted past the purple horse's head, the deafening sound of the gunshot ringing out like a thunderclap. The blast was enough to startle the horses and force them into submission.

The confrontation came to an abrupt halt as the orange and purple horses seized their aggressive actions. The forest was eerily silent as the tension began to subside.

The purple horse, now much more composed, spoke in a soft, feminine voice, "We surrender, please don't hurt us. We just came to find out what came out of the mirror."

Phantom and the other Sentinels exchanged uncertain glances. The situation had taken a drastic turn, and they were now faced with the need to determine whether these colorful beings were friend or foe.

Phantom made the decision to secure the horses, instructing his comrades to tie up the other horses. Only the purple horse and the yellow one remained unbound.

Tempest approached the yellow horse, his concern evident in his voice as he asked Phantom for guidance. "Alpha, this one seems docile. What should I do?"

Phantom considered the situation before responding, "It's up to you, Delta, but be prepared to neutralize if they attempt anything unexpected."

Tempest nodded and offered a reassuring message to the trembling yellow horse. "Hey, you on the ground, I won't tie you up, but don't do anything strange."

The yellow horse, still visibly shaken, nodded in response and continued to shake. Her vulnerability touched the Sentinels, but they remained vigilant.

Returning their focus to the purple horse, Phantom inquired about their location and the nature of these horses. "Where are we, and what time is it? Also, what are you, horses? Why do you have such intelligence?"

The purple horse answered their questions. "First of all, we are NOT horses; we are PONIES. It's quite rude to refer to us as horses. This is Equestria and this is the everfree forest, and it is the sun year 2000. Also, as far as I know, we have always possessed intelligence." The purple pony continued “Also please don’t call us by the color of our coats, My name is Twilight Sparkle. And the ‘Yellow’ on the ground is Fluttershy. The rest of my friends can introduce themselves when they wake up.”

The Sentinels found themselves in a delicate situation. Trust was a fragile commodity, and they needed to decide whether to believe Twilight Sparkle's words. They conferred with one another, attempting to assess the situation and make a decision that would best serve their interests.

After a period of deliberation, they returned to Twilight Sparkle, maintaining their cautious stance. "Can we trust you not to attack, poison, or use that horn of yours on us?" Phantom asked, his tone measured and cautious.

Twilight Sparkle looked at each of them and replied, "Only if you agree to do the same and apologize for hurting my friends."

Phantom shared a look with his fellow Sentinels, acknowledging the ponies' demands. They finally reached a consensus. "Alright, we have come to an agreement. We will untie your friends when they wake up and understand the situation."

The purple pony seemed content with this resolution. "I don't think they will attack you when they wake up. My friends are good ponies and usually ask before doing anything, mostly."

Phantom's attention shifted to the group of tied-up ponies, assessing them for any signs of aggression as they began to stir from their unconscious state. The Sentinels had secured an uneasy truce with these enigmatic beings, but the true nature of their new allies remained shrouded in mystery.