• Published 16th Oct 2023
  • 1,819 Views, 29 Comments

I Met You in the Dreamscape - dart157



A sleep-deprived and overworked teen meets the most unlikely of creatures in his dreams.

  • ...
7
 29
 1,819

Reunited At Last

Bryan got home from work, tired from his long shift. He’d dealt with just about every customer imaginable today, and was ready to relax and unwind. Tomorrow was Saturday, and he was going to hang out with some of his friends downtown.

Opening the front door of his house, he saw that his foster parents weren’t home. A note on the refrigerator confirmed this, stating they had gone on a trip to Portland, Oregon, subtitled as a “vacation”.

“Great, they’re gone,” he said, half-sarcastic, half-serious.

Bryan sat down on his bed, and booted up his Xbox. He played a few games with his friends for a few hours, before shutting the machine off and browsing social media on his phone. It was 9:12 PM.

Suddenly the front door opened, and shut loudly. Footsteps were heard within the house, echoing on the wooden floor. Bryan thought about who it could be, before ultimately deciding on burglars. Dropping his phone, he moved towards his closet to grab a weapon.

The strange footsteps continued, making their way towards his bedroom door. Grabbing his baseball bat and a plastic box lid, he armed himself and waited.

The door handle glowed a deep blue before opening up. A familiar sight, but one Bryan couldn’t quite place. Bryan gripped his bat tighter, and braced himself for a gunman, a guy with brass knuckles, really ANYONE dangerous, before he actually took stock of the situation. Looking towards the now cracked-open door, he couldn’t believe what he saw.

In the shadows blinked two large cyan eyes, with catlike slits. A faintly equine form could be made out in the dark. The figure entered Bryan’s room with a smile. He dropped his bat and box lid, and watched as Nightmare Moon herself closed the door and walked up to him.

“So, remember how I said I’d try to work out something to see you again?” Her characteristic sultry voice flowed through Bryan’s ears, as he realized who was standing before him.

Blinking his eyes to ensure he wasn’t hallucinating, he walked towards Nightmare Moon. “Of course, Nightmare. I’d never forget you,” Bryan said calmly. “You’ve done so much for me…”

The two locked eyes, unsure of what was happening next, before Nightmare Moon took the plunge and kissed him right there. Bryan had sort of expected this, and he kissed back.

Eventually, Nightmare Moon broke off the kiss, but before Bryan could say another word, she grabbed him with her magic and placed him on the bed, tucking in the sheets and comforter.

Nightmare Moon looked at Bryan. “My love, don’t you think it’s time you got some real sleep?”

“Yes, as long as you’re here with me,” he responded, patting the space on the bed next to him. Nightmare Moon took the hint and got in with him, a look of content on her face.

“I would never leave you,” she reassured him. Nightmare Moon wrapped her forelegs around his chest, and together the two drifted off.

“Sweet dreams,” Nightmare Moon whispered with a slight chuckle.

“Good night, Nightmare,” Bryan responded, before closing his eyes.


Author's Note:

If you’re reading this, hi! This is my first ever fanfic on the site, and I would appreciate any constructive criticism you have for me!

I was particularly tired when I wrote this, and it felt interesting to make a story about Nightmare Moon helping someone fall asleep. From there it kinda turned into a romance story, but I think it turned out well.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT:
I’m probably gonna continue to work on this story, and flesh it out some more. Who knows how this’ll go!