• Published 6th Oct 2023
  • 255 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria’s Unbeatable Will - HiroTagares



Friendship is powered by Harmony, but a Hero is powered by Spirit

  • ...
 8
 255

Prologue: The Sun’s Little Hero

Canterlot, the capital of Equestria. The land of ponies and the three different races Pegasi, Unicorns, and Earth ponies. But not just home to the elites of society, but home to also their royalties. Said example is the beloved ruler Princess Celestia, a pony with traits of all three races into one type, an Alicorn. The Princess of the Sun has ruled her kingdom for over a Almost a thousand years after the defeat of her sister Princess Luna after her transformation into her corrupted form, Nightmare Moon.

But right now we go to the late night of the Canterlot castle, the home of Celestia, after the longest day of the year. The Summer Sun Celebration, the yearly event of Nightmare Moon’s Banishment to the moon. But while the ponies all celebrated this day joyously after Celestia’s rising of the sun, The was one that always felt nothing but despair and loneliness at this day, the very Princess that they praise and cheer for everything.

After some rapid movement, the view now changes into the deeper hallways of the royal castle, where in-front of a large pair of wooden doors with the symbol of the sun marked onto them, is where one can hear the whimpering and sobs of a single pony.

“Luna...I’m sorry...I’m so sorry sister, come back please...” the regal voice of Celestia cried out inside her personal chambers in anguish and sadness. Her larger then the average pony body laid on her massive circular bed with the soften blankets and cushions made where her large wings spread out covering the rest of the furniture her body didn’t already cover.

As she cried with flows of tears endlessly running down her face while her eyes were closed, she didn’t see the doors to the chambers opening slightly. Her sobs muffling the sound of soft hoofsteps against the floor as they got closer to the princess. A soft gasp escaped from her sobs as a small hoof pressed a tissue into her face soaking up the tears on it while her magenta eyes opened up at the contact.

“Are you okay” a young male voice asked softly as Celestia lifted up her head before looking down at the own of the voice.

Infront of her was a young Earth Pony colt with a white fur coat with light blue fur around his hooves and muzzle, his matted and wild silver mane that looked like it never seen a comb while it reached down to the back of his neck with his tail matching the color of his mane as it hung down past his blank flank in straight but lightly matted style. What was most catching were his eyes that were not one solid color. The right eye was a bright crimson red color while the left was a soft deep sapphire blue as they looked at the princess with concern behind them as a box of tissues rested next to him.

“Y-Yes I’m...” Celestia gasped and held back a sob as she took a deep breath to calm herself infront of the young colt before looking back at him “I’m fine little one. But what are you doing here? More importantly, HOW did you get in the castle?” She asked lowering her head down to meet him at eye level.

“Oh! I climbed in from window after making a latter from some old blankets I found!” He replied with no sign of remorse of fear at being questioned of his presence “I always wanted to explore the castle! It look so big and fun to explore inside!” He exclaimed with a wag of his tail and excitement in his voice making Celestia let out a small giggle at his response.

“But...I actually came here tonight because I saw during the sun rising you looked...sad” he said looking down at the floor before back up at the princess at his last word making Celestia’s eyes widen in surprise. Nopony has ever noticed the sadness behind her smile and regal tone of voice, not even her strict and attentive secretary! But this young unknown pony figured it out in a heart beat! “I wanted to come to help cheer you up so you can give ponies real happy smiles!” His face grew a large toothy grin to the princess.

Celestia lets out a small gasp at his sincerity behind his words and smile as her own hoof pressed against her chest “oh...that is so sweet little one...” she said with a growing smile, using her wings to wipe away her tears as she gazed upon the colt “what is your name little one? I’m sure your parents are going to be worried about their little colt gone in the middle of the night”

“I dunno! All I know is my name is Hiro Tagares!” He said with a shake of his head, his smile never leaving even as he said the next words “I don’t have any parents either. I’ve been living in this nice collection of boxes I found in the alleyways”

Celestia felt her heart twist as her blood felt a little cold while her eyes went wide in horror. This young colt didn’t have parents or a home!? But he kept giving out the bright smile full of warmth despite his situation almost all other ponies would be left in despair or coldness!

“You...you don’t have a home?” She asked getting a shake of his head in response “no parents?” Another shake. A second later the young colt was suddenly lifted up in golden light before being pressed against Celestia’s right side while her right wing dropped over him in a warm feathery blanket “you’re not going out in the cold night on my watch! You’ll stay with me tonight little one!” She said with a serious look to the little pony. Like hell she was going to let a child out to sleep in some ally after just helping her!

The young colt, now known as Hiro, blinked at the sudden seriousness but gave a small shrug and yawn as he felt slumber slowly consume him as he nestled against Celestia’s bed and her wing “Okay...nice big lady, goodnight” he said in a soft tone as his eyes slowly closed.

Celestia grew a soft smile as she lowered her head to give the young Hiro a small kiss on his forehead “call me Celestia, and goodnight my little pony” she said before lowering her head down next to his while closer her eyes

“Okay, Celestia” he mumbled back while nuzzling closer to her making her smile grow larger.

“Celestia?”

“Hm?”

“Why were you crying?”

“Oh, I was remembering my little sister. She...left after we had a big fight”

“Oh...I hope she comes back soon so you can make up”

“I hope so too. Now please, sleep tight...my little Hero”

Author's Note:

Hello readers, welcome to this mesh of a story I’ve always wanted to try and bring out! This is my first ever posted story so any constructive criticism or help would be great!