• Published 23rd Sep 2023
  • 264 Views, 10 Comments

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Equestria - Mario-and-sonic-pals



Our favorite ring-tailed, raccoon thief gets stuck in Equestria.

  • ...
 10
 264

turning Equestrian

Author's Note:

Just to be clear, the italic opening and closing is Sly's narration, kinda like the games.

Chapter 2

It’s pretty weird to say, but me and the gang are in a pony dominant world. Since Bentley’s Time Machine brought us here, Bentley came to the conclusion that the amulet I stole must’ve been from this world. Weird, huh?

Since we needed help, we asked Princess Twilight for help, and luckily she was a straight A student back in school. She managed to find out that a pony wizard named Star Swirl the Bearded transported the amulet to our dimension as a test for a spell to send sirens to another dimension.

She also said that the only way to get back home was with our Time Machine, which was damaged beyond repair. So, it looks like we’re going to need some parts to repair the van. This could be difficult, but me and my gang have been through worse.

It was a nice, sunny day in Ponyville, and the cooper gang woke up after a long night’s sleep in Twilight’s guest room. “Man, that was one comfortable night,” said Sly, as he and the Cooper gang walked out of the guest room. “Bentley, do you think you can locate some parts to fix the Time Machine?”

“I think I can, everything in this world is giving off a magical aura,” said Bentley. Just as they entered the map room (or whatever it’s called), they were greeted by Twilight and the rest of the mane six.

“Hey guys, I hope you don’t mind but my friends want to lend a hoof in helping you get home,” said Twilight. She then introduced her friends. “This is Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and you already know Pinkie Pie.”

“Nice to meet you all,” said Sly.

“Don’t worry, Twilight informed us about your situation,” said Pinkie Pie.

“What’s it like in your world? Just asking,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Well, it’s like this world but with much taller buildings, cities around the world, and it’s mostly inhabited by anthropomorphic animals like us,” said Sly. “Also, I should just mention this now, I’m a master thief.”

“Oh, but you seem rather polite, even for a thief,” said Rarity.

“That’s because my family, along with my friends here, only specialized in stealing from other thieves, because there’s no honor, no challenge, and no fun in stealing from regular people,” said Sly. “Oh, I forgot to mention, I come from a long line of master thieves. So, stealing is basically the family business.”

“That sounds nice, but how do you keep track of your family history?” asked Fluttershy.

Sly then pulled out an old book. “With this. The thievius raccoonus. This book has been passed down from generation to generation in my family, filled to the brim with the techniques of my ancestors, including my father,” said Sly. He then started to think about his dad. “He would’ve been proud to see what I’ve become.”

“I’m sure he would,” said Applejack, as the six ponies flipped through the pages of the thievius raccoonus. “Would ya look at this here fella, Tennessee ‘Kid’ Cooper. Sounds like he’s right up my alley. Not that I would live a dishonest lifestyle, no offense Sly.”

“None taken,” said Sly. “Anyways, we’re going to need some help repairing our van, so you might need these.” He then handed each of the six ponies binocucoms. “These will help you see stuff at a great distance.”

“I don’t know, isn’t stealing wrong?” asked Fluttershy.

“Don’t worry, we will do the stealing while the rest of you do reconnaissance missions and inform us about this world,” said Sly.

“Exactly, but since this world is mostly magic, we’ll need magical artifacts to power up the van so we can even get home,” said Bentley. “What’s worse is that I don’t know where we can find an engine for the van here in Ponyville.”

“If it’s an engine you’re looking for, then we better mosey on down to Manehatten. They got some fancy technology that could help you,” said Applejack, who was being honest as usual.

“That may be a good place to start,” said Twilight. “We better get to the train station, asap.”

In Manehattan…

Once the gang was in Manehattan, they began to search for an engine that would work in the Cooper gang’s van. Lucky for them, they found the engine in an old dumpster, but the engine was in great condition.

“I still cannot believe that you chose to go dumpster diving,” said Rarity, in disgust.

“Hey, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure, or in this case engine,” said Sly. “Anyways, this’ll definitely work in the van. It’s the right size and the right type. What could possibly ruin this moment?”

“How about your arrest?” said a familiar Latina voice. It was Carmelita Fox. “Did you really think that you could hide behind these adorable little ponies? Face it, Cooper, you’ll never escape the law.”

“Carmelita, wait! I haven’t stolen anything, honestly. Wait, how did you end up in this world with us?” said Sly.

“I grabbed onto Murray’s van before it took us here. Once it did, I was flung into the air and landed in a giant cake,” said Carmelita, as she grabbed a candle out of her hair.

“I’m sorry officer, but I order you to let Sly and his friends go. By order of the princess of friendship,” said Twilight. “That’s me, by the way. It’s the reason I have wings and a horn.”

“So you are of high authority. Very well, but if Cooper steals from you then I will lock him up for good,” said Carmelita.

“Sly, care to introduce us to her?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“Right, where are my manners? This is Inspector Carmelita Fox, she’s an old flame of mine,” said Sly.

“Oh, why ever did you break up?” asked Rarity.

“Probably because he’s a thief and she’s an inspector,” said Rainbow Dash.

“And because I pretended to have amnesia for about eight years,” said Sly, causing the ponies to gasp. “I know, it was wrong and I regret it.” He then faced Carmelita. “Look, I’m sorry I did you any wrong, can you ever forgive me?”

“You are forgiven for now, Cooper. But if you steal from these ponies, I’ll revoke my forgiveness,” said Carmelita, who wasn’t making it clear if she was sarcastic or serious. “As soon as we get back to Paris, I’ll only let you off with a warning.”

“See, that’s progress. Now, don’t you two feel much better?” asked Pinkie Pie, who clearly doesn’t know how to read a room. “So, what do you need next to get back this ‘Paris’ of yours?”

“Most of the stuff we found in this dumpster was what we needed, but the rest is modern technology that doesn’t exist in this dimension,” said Bentley.

Suddenly, the gang started to smell a familiar stench. “Eww, what is that awful stench?” said Rarity.

“Cyrille Le Paradox!” said Sly. “I recognize that stench anywhere.”

The gang followed the stench cloud to an abandoned building, and, sure enough, Cyrille Le Paradox was there with what appeared to be mind controlled ponies.

“What the h-e double hockey stick is going on?” asked Applejack.

“I don’t know, but with this stinker involved it can’t be good,” said Sly, as the gang snuck into the building.

I couldn’t believe my eyes, Cyrille Le Paradox was there in Equestria and not in prison. I guess this proved my hunch correct, we weren’t the only ones interested in magical artifacts.

While we were in the building, we explained to our new hoofed friends that Le Paradox was bad news. The last time we encountered him, he tried to erase my family name from history, which ended with his arrest and me getting stuck in ancient Egypt.

I thought he was done with crime, but Carmelita explained that Le Paradox had escaped prison a while back, which was the reason she was in that warehouse on the night we traveled here. As for our new friends slash recruits, they were ready to help me and my friends anyway they can.

I was going to say no, but after they told me about their past adventures, which also included time travel, I decided to let them help. Luckily, they knew a few extra ponies that could help us out, but first things first we had to find out what Le Paradox was doing in Equestria. This should be fun.