• Published 30th Sep 2023
  • 886 Views, 25 Comments

Love Is Immortal - A Twishy Story - Bloonjitsu7



Fluttershy has always loved Twilight, but never had the courage to speak up about it. Twilight has never been one for romance, and yet she starts to get these strange feelings around a certain pegasus...

  • ...
2
 25
 886

Chapter 1: Dreaming About You

The Dream

A yellow pegasus with a pink mane stood in an open green field that stretches out as far as the eye can see. This field is littered with butterflies and flowers in a bright array of colors, creating a rainbow of wings and petals. She couldn't be more content to be here, listening to the happy sounds of birds and rustling trees, despite neither of those things being physically present. However, she doesn't question this and continues to enjoy the peaceful ambience that surrounds her.

But something was missing. Something that could make this wonderful place even better. As if answering this thought, a lavender unicorn materializes into the field with a flash of bright purple magic, not too far from the pegasus. She yelps a bit and jumps back at first, but quickly calms down and approaches the new figure. However before she can get close enough, the unicorn grows a pair of wings and flies off into the horizon, leaving the poor pegasus all alone.

It was only then when she realized how lonely this life truly was. This field may be wonderful, but what's the point if she wasn't sharing it with somepony she loves? Now slumping down on the ground, the pegasus cries softly into her front hooves. The landscape around her begins to morph, the grass darkening into a deep shade of blue and the flowers becoming thick vines. Everything is closing in on her, the sounds of birds and trees gone. There's nopony to help her, and there isn't much time left before she would become fully engulphed in this wave of volatile nature, growing more and more out of control as she cries onto the now tangling grass with absolutely no escape, her worst fears coming to life as she...

Fluttershy

I open my tear-filled eyes as my sleep is interrupted by Angel Bunny smacking me in the side of the face. I let out a soft cry of pain. My eyes begin squinting out of instinct, still very tired and wanting more rest. The sun is shining brightly through my window, indicating that I woke up late, something I rarely ever do. Angel taps his foot expectantly, a clear sign that it's time for me to feed him RIGHT NOW.

"Ok, ok, I'm getting up..... just.... give me a second...." I start to drift back off, my eyes shutting closed. Angel smacks me again. I let out a soft "eep!" and jolt right out of bed in an instant. My face hurts a little bit, but I really did need that.

I let out a soft yawn, some tears still lingering in my eyes from the dream. Or was it a nightmare? I couldn't really tell. Either way, I thank Angel for the wake-up call and make my way out of my room and into the kitchen to fix up some food for all of my little and not-so-little critters.

"I am so, so sorry to all of you for waking up late. I just haven't been able to get much sleep since all of that complicated stuff with the summer sun celebration and Twilight's coronation...." I get lost in thought for a second. "Twilight....... Oh, I know I should tell her how I feel.... and I was going to! But it's just.... her being a princess now makes this so much more complicated than it used to be, and she deserves somepony so much better than me...."

I slump to the ground, prompting many of my animal friends to rush over to me in sympathy, comforting me. I manage to work up a soft smile. "Oh, all of you are just so sweet.... Let's get you precious ones fed, shall we?" I pick myself up off the ground, and finish preparing breakfast for all of the animals. I then fly around the house, giving them all their food.

Angel Bunny is always so picky about his meals being perfect, so I always prepare and give him his food last so that the other animals don't starve to death while I'm feeding him. Angel obviously isn't happy with this arrangement, but if his standards weren't so high I wouldn't have to do it like this.

After giving Angel his meal and then finally feeding myself, my next task is to tend to my garden. I head outside and water my flowers as fast as I can, not wanting to be seen by anypony in my current state. I take a bit of extra time to water a bright blue flower that I've had ever since I got to the cottage, since it's so special to me. It's actually a bit weird, it sprouted in a flower pot here without me ever having planted it, and it's never wilted in all the time I've lived here.

I head back inside from caring to my flora, and I go to sit down on the couch and just rest. These past few days have been so confusing.... I almost wish that everything could go back to normal, back when things were simple. But that just wasn't going to happen, was it?

I... I love Twilight so much. I've just been sulking on my couch for about an hour now, unable to get her out of my mind. "Maybe she'll feel the same way?" I think to myself, hopefully. No. That would never happen. Why would a princess like her ever want to be with some nopony like me? If I told her my true feelings, at best she'd laugh at me and at worst.... well.... I don't want to think about that. I shake my head frantically to try and rid myself of these invasive thoughts and then curl up into a ball.

"Maybe I just don't deserve anypony...... At least I'll always have my animal friends..." I look over to all of the woodland critters, most of whom have now gathered by the couch trying to cheer me up. It wasn't working, but I really do appreciate the gesture oh so much.

They always look out for me, and try to get me back up and going when I'm down in the slumps. It's so sweet of them, but it's just not the same as having a special somepony. Somepony I can love and trust with all my heart, giving them unconditional affection whenever they need it. "sigh... I won't ever find somepony, will I? At least not one who likes me back..."

I feel a tap on my shoulder as Angel hops onto the couch and starts communicating with me. I can always tell what he's saying from his foot taps. "You're right Angel.... I really should do something to keep my mind off of it....... Oh I know! I'll make some tea! That always helps clear my thoughts. Thank you so much Angel, I really don't know where I'd be without you." I give Angel a little nuzzle and then slowly fly back to the kitchen to start preparing the tea.

Oh but which one to choose? There's just so many options. I have earl grey, rooibos, peppermint, blueberry, lavend- .....I think I'll skip that one for now. I decide on a nice rooibos with honey and milk, one of my personal favorites. I start up the kettle and set out my favorite mug with a cute moth pattern on it. Once the kettle starts whistling I pour the now boiling water into my mug, and start the steeping process of the tea. "You know what, Angel? Maybe today won't be so bad after all."

Twilight

"Let's see here..." I levitate one of the many books littered across the library floor over to my face and read the cover. "The Mare's Guide On How To Find The Perfect Stallion" Ugh, pass. I send it over to the bookshelf of books that I never plan to read. I've never really been interested in romance, and most stallions just don't connect with me very well. Right after I put it into the shelf of shame where it belongs, Spike bursts out from under a mound of books, scattering them across the ground.

"Spike, I need you to stop fooling around. This is serious!" Spike looks at me with a puzzled expression.

"What's so serious about sorting books? Seems pretty unimportant to me." I let out something halfway between a scoff and a sigh. He NEVER understands why things like this are such a big deal.

"Because Spike, I'm a princess now. And if somepony walked into a princess's library and the books weren't even organized by subject, name, color, shape, texture, smell AND taste, that princess should be stripped of her title and thrown away into the Everfree Forest!!!" My heart is pumping out of my chest and I'm starting to shake with anxiety.

"Twilight, I think you might need to calm down a little bit." This remark snaps something inside of me.

"What are you talking about?! I AM PERFECTLY CALM!!!!!" It was at this moment that I realized I am not, in fact, calm. I take a few deep breaths like Fluttershy taught me to do, and focus back into reality. I notice that my new wings flapped out in my outburst, blowing away some books in the process. I slowly lower them to my sides as I more constructively criticize Spike's behavior.

"Spike, you have been running around the Library begging me for gems that I'm saving for my spells, knocking over books and being a general nuisance. I need to get this stuff sorted now that I'm back here, and you aren't exactly being very helpful with that."

"Well, it seems like you've got the whole 'knocking over books' thing covered with your wings." He points to the pile of books left in the wake of my rage with an innocent smile on his face.

"Spike, please don't do this to me today.... The past few days have already been really stressful with the coronation and everything, and I really just can't put up with your whole 'thing' you have going on right now." I have a look of absolute desperation, but he doesn't seem to care.

"Heheh, I can tell! You were fuming!"

"SPIKE, I AM GOING TO-" I stop myself, and take an exasperated breath. "-go out for a walk. I should probably get a bit of fresh air... and maybe I can find some help with sorting the books, since SOMEpony isn't being very cooperative right now." Spike perks up, clambering onto one of the piles of books sprawled across the floor.

"Ooooooooo- If you're going to Rarity's, be sure to ask her to make me a-" I didn't hear the rest of his request, since I closed the door on him before he could finish.

It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are chirping, the sun is shining and there's just the right amount of wind. As soon as I started my stroll around Ponyville I knew that I made the right decision to get some fresh air. Now, who to go to first? Hmmmmm... Applejack is always super reliable, but Rarity does live closer. I could also go to Pinkie, but she's likely to cause even more problems than Spike. I guess I'll go to Rarity first, though she's probably slaving away at a new design or something like that.

I make my way over to the Carousel Boutique, moving at a nice slow pace to absorb all of my surroundings. On my route to the Boutique I pass by Cafe Hay and take in the nice scent of fresh coffee and pastries, taunting my nostrils. A few ponies gawk at my wings as I pass by and bow down out of obligation, but I ignore them. I never asked to become an alicorn and while the wings are definitely nice, I'm not really a huge fan of the status that comes with them. Things were just so much simpler before, and everything's been changing so fast. Lost in thought, I find myself at Rarity's ever-fancy residence and invite myself in.

"No Opalescence, down! Get off of that dress, it's for-" The award winning cat rips through a rather expensive looking outfit, and Rarity winces in agony. "...Never mind. sigh, I suppose I'll have to repair that one later......" Looks like I'm not the only one with domestic issues right now. Rarity glances over, and notices me in the doorway.

"Oh Twilight! I was so busy dealing with... this that I didn't see you come in! So sorry if you visited for a makeover, but it appears that my schedule has suddenly gotten a lot messier." Rarity gives Opalescence a glare rivaled only by that of Fluttershy, and the cat licks her paws in pride.

"No makeover today, I was just wondering if you'd like to help me sort out the library, but it seems like you've got your hooves full at the moment..." Rarity rolls her eyes.

"Oh, I would've loved to help if it wasn't for this furball, but here we are." Rarity's eyes light up as she looks over at my wings, her pupils filling with inspiration. "That does remind me though, I simply must design you a new dress for those wings! I'll get to work on it right away, now that you're a princess you just have to look as presentable as possible at all times!"

"No it's fine Rarity, I really don't need-" She cuts me off by stuffing a hoof in my mouth.

"Bup bup bup! Don't say another word, darling. This is a fashion disaster that I absolutely have to fix immediately! Come back, say, tomorrow and I'll have something workshopped for you." It's pretty obvious that she just wants the opportunity to tailor a dress for a princess, but I reluctantly nod my head and make my way out of the Boutique as she starts frantically drawing up a design.

I guess Rarity's a bust.... I'll go to Applejack's next. She's who I wanted to ask first anyways. But as I trot my way over to Sweet Apple Acres, a certain pink pony catches me by surprise with her sudden appearance. "Hey Twilight! Whatcha doin'? Is it something fun?"

"Hey, Pinkie.... I'm just trying to find people to help with some book sorting." I immediately realize the error I just made. Pinkie starts to get this massive grin on her face. Oh no.

"Oooooooooo- can I come?! We can have a book party!" I look at her with my head tilted, confused at her proposition.

"Um... Pinkie, I don't know if-"

"There'll be book cake and a book piƱata and we'll make book forts and have a book cold war and-"

"PINKIE! I'm sorry, but this isn't going to be some fun party. I really need to get the library sorted, and one of your fiestas is going to do the exact opposite of that!" Pinkie looks a bit disappointed, and I start to feel a little bad for shutting her down so fast.

"Awwwwwwwww..... Okie dokie lokie! Let me know if you ever want to have that book party!" She bounces away, as happy as can be. She sure perked up fast. Anyways... with that distraction out of the way I finally reach Sweet Apple Acres, home of the best apple-based goods in Equestria. Applejack and Big Mac seem to be setting up support sticks on the sides of some of the apple trees.

"Come on, Big Mac! We gotta git all of these supports up before tommorah night!" I walk over to her, not quite sure what she's doing.

"Hey there, Applejack. What's all this fuss about?" She looks over at me, sweat trickling down her face.

"Oh, hi Twilight. Ah was just preparing tha weaker trees for that rainstorm next night. Ah heard from tha pegasi that they plan to have a biggun! If ah don' get all of these here supports up, the trees could be in real danger." Big Mac affirms this with a simple "Ayup."

Applejack takes a moment to catch her breath before continuing. "Ah, but where are mah manners? What did yah come here for, Twilight?" I was so distracted by what she was saying that it takes me a few seconds to respond.

"Oh... I came to ask for help at the library, but it seems like you're also pretty busy..." Applejack winces apologetically, clearly wanting to help.

"Ahm so sorry, ah really am. But this is somethin' that ah gotta do as soon as ah can, so ah really can't help yah out there."

"No it's fine, this is clearly way more urgent. I'd offer to help if my own schedule wasn't so tight right now..." She shakes her head, silencing my guilt.

"Ah, don't you worry yerself about it. If yah need somepony ta help at the library, maybe Rarity could provide some assistance?"

"Already asked her, but she's busy. Seems like everypony has something going on today." Applejack thinks for a second, clearly still tired from the hard work she's been doing.

"Mhm..." A support beam planted by Big Mac clatters to the ground nearby, grabbing Applejacks attention. "Welp, guess ah gotta deal with this." She says, with a bit of disdain. Big Mac gives a guilty smile in response. "Good luck on finding help with yer book stuff!"

"You too!" Why did I say that? Whatever, I ignore Applejack's snicker at my lunkheaded response and turn to leave. Let's see, who's left? I don't even need to ask Rainbow to know that she wouldn't be interested, so that just leaves.... Fluttershy.

Sigh, I really didn't want it to come to this. Recently I've been starting to get a strange feeling in my stomach around her. I don't know what it is, and I've never felt anything like it before. I meant to do some research on it before seeing her again, but I've just been so busy and never got the time. I guess I'm out of options though, so I take a deep breath and make my way over to Fluttershy's cottage.

Fluttershy

I take a sip of my tea. The temperature is just perfect, the boiled water mixing with the cool milk. Oh, this really was just what I needed. I smile gingerly, finally feeling like myself again. Just then, I hear a knock at the door. Good thing I made enough tea for two, company would honestly be very nice right now.

"I'll be right there!" I yell out softly, as I walk over to the door. However, I was not prepared for a pair of beautiful amethyst eyes to be staring back at me upon opening the door.

"Oh..... hi..... Twilight.........." My voice trails off as I cower, hiding behind my wings. Twilight smiles softly at me, melting my heart into a puddle of goo.

"Hey there, Fluttershy." Her voice is so beautiful, I feel unworthy in its majestic presence. "Sorry to bother you like this, but I was just wondering if you could help me out with something." I attempt a response, but all I can formulate is a tiny little whimper of a squeal. Twilight looks at me with genuine concern. "Are you okay there, Fluttershy? You don't have to come help if you're not feeling well." I try to respond once again.

"No..... I'm.... I'mreallyfine......" I take a deep breath, in a vain attempt to calm my nerves. "I just.... wasn't expecting you here......." I take another deep breath as I move my wings out of the way of my face. ".....But I'm okay now. What.... what did you need help with?" Twilight's look of concern quickly changes back into one of friendliness as she hears that I'm okay, and fully moves inside of the cottage.

"Oh, I needed some help with sorting the books back at the Golden Oak Library. It's an absolute disaster over there, and Spike is being....." She lets out an exasperated sigh. "...less than helpful. I love the little guy, but he can be a bit much sometimes." I hung onto every word that came out of her beautiful mouth until she stopped talking, small red blushes appearing on my cheeks as I run my hooves through my mane.

"Oh..... I....... Iwithcouldprobablyhelpthat..... I mean...... Yes.... of course I'll help you, Twilight." I give her a soft smile. "Oh, but before we go would you like some tea? I had just finished making some and I'd hate for it to go to waste...... if you're okay with that........" Twilight beams at me with the prettiest expression in the history of ponykind.

"Oh, of course I'd love to have some of your tea! You always make the best stuff, you've got to tell me how you do it at some point." I was not mentally prepared for such a nice compliment from her, and I practically melted on the spot.

"Oh it's..... it'sreallynothing........... I just use all of the fresh ingredients from my garden......." Twilight takes a seat on the couch.

"Ah, that explains it!" I fetch a mug for her and gingerly pour some of the remaining water into it, doing all of my usual steps for preparing the tea. I softly drift back to the living room, my mug in my hoof.

"All right, it should just be a minute now. We can head to the library right after, if you like." Twilight nods in agreement.

"Thank you, Fluttershy..... Oh hey, is that the mug I gave you for your birthday?" She points her hoof at the moth pattern mug I'm holding.

"Oh..... yes...... I suppose it is....... I..... just think it's cute......" Twilight laughs lightheartedly, causing that blush to reappear on my face.

"I'm glad you like it. When I saw it in the store, I just knew I had to get it for you." I was going to respond, but I ended up just getting lost in her sparkly eyes. Those eyes are just so pretty, they shine such a nice hue of purple and just exude pure compassion and friendliness....... I could look at them for hours.......

"So Fluttershy, what have you been up to lately? I haven't really seen you for the past few days, not since the summer sun celebration." This question snaps me back to reality, and I'm a bit hesitant to respond. I really haven't been doing much, mostly because I've just been thinking about her and how much I want to admit my true feelings. But of course I'm not going to tell her that.

"Oh..... you know......... not...... much........." Twilight gives me another warm smile. Sweet Celestia, I love her so much.

"Oh, well then this is a great opportunity for you to keep yourself busy! Sorting through books really isn't as boring as it sounds." I give her an appreciative nod, and then go to grab her tea for her. She pats the cushion seat directly to her side, beckoning me to sit next to her. I'm glad she was focused on her tea, because I'm sure my face went fully red from that.

I take my seat in close proximity with her, sipping my tea with glee. I want to spend the rest of my life with her so badly, but I'll need to find the right opportunity to express that. For now though, I'm perfectly content just being like this.

~End Of Chapter 1~