• Published 17th Sep 2023
  • 205 Views, 0 Comments

A family divided, a secret revealed - Altia Sky



Every family have their secrets

  • ...
 0
 205

Chapter 3 : Administrative nightmare

Still perturbed by the day before, Rainbow Dash remained immersed in her thoughts.

"Everything all right, sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

Rainbow Dash was suddenly back in the present tense, having come to visit Applejack at the farm. Applejack had invited her because a new cider production had begun, and knowing that Rainbow Dash loved cider, she had decided to grant her a small favor by allowing her to come and drink some before the annual sale in Ponyville.
Applejack and Rainbow Dash had always been rivals ever since they met, friendly rivals in the sense of sporting rivals, in fact, Rainbow Dash was very athletic due to her flying skills and Applejack due to the fact that she was a farmer but also a land pony known to be strong-natured ponies.

"The cider must not be as good as last year", Applejack said aloud to herself when she saw Rainbow Dash's face.

Rainbow Dash hastened to reply, "No AJ, the cider's very good, my mind's elsewhere because of other things."

" What's that I can help you with?" asked Applejack.

"It's complicated to explain, but it's about my family" replied Rainbow Dash.

Applejack knew all too well about family matters, the Apple family history was almost like a historical fresco with all the events the family had experienced. from the family's settlement on the farm and the founding of Ponyville to the discovery of Applejack, Applebloom and Bigmac's affiliation to the Pear family through their mother, a Pear family that was a great rival to the Apple family.

"I know a lot about family history, I could help you sugarcube" said Applejack.

Rainbow Dash knew not only Applejack's honesty, but also his story. Above all, Applejack had told him about the discovery the three Apple children had made about their mother and the Pear family, which reinforced Rainbow Dash's decision to talk to Applejack, who was in the best position of all his friends to help him.

"Tell me AJ, what would you do if you found out your parents had lied to you about having an uncle and you found out by chance and your parents had always deliberately kept the truth from you?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Applejack didn't answer right away, but was overcome by a sort of sadness at seeing her friend lost, and went over to her to give her a hug, which surprised Rainbow Dash greatly.

"What's that.... " exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

Applejack didn't let her finish her sentence, she squeezed her friend tighter, Rainbow Dash began to tremble slightly and laid her head on Applejack's shoulder, moaning as if she were crying. In fact, Appplejack had sensed that Rainbow Dash was crying.
Applejack stroked her head and whispered "it's okay, I'm here". Deprived of parents, Applejack had always been a surrogate mother to Applebloom, so she was used to Applebloom's fits of sadness when she missed her parents too much.

Applejack placed a kiss on Rainbow Dash's forehead, Rainbow saying in a weak voice, "Not in public". Rainbow Dash had pride and ego, but at that moment she just didn't have the strength to stand up to Applejack.
Applejack said "Dashie, sugarcube, let me help you". Rainbow Dash told the story while Applejack wiped away Rainbow's tears with a handkerchief.

Applejack was thinking about how to help Rainbow Dash, after all, although the two ponies never let on, they were both in love. And what was hurting Rainbow Dash was upsetting her too; she wouldn't let a friend down, let alone her marefriend.

"You know, Dashi, when me, Applebloom and Bigmac were investigating our mother, we went to see the mayor, who showed us our parents' marriage certificate. Maybe you could find your parents' birth certificate in the Cloudsdale archives and get the information you're looking for," said Applejack.

Rainbow Dash blew his nose and said more decisively, "You're right, I'll go and find out".


Rainbow Dash and Applejack took off in a hot-air balloon for Cloudsdale, Applejack having been keen to accompany Rainbow Dash on this ordeal, after all, Applejack hadn't been alone with her mother's story, she'd been accompanied by her sister and brother, but Rainbow was all alone in this case and Applejack refused to let her go alone without support.

Earlier in the day, Applejack had gone to see Twilight so that she could cast the spell enabling ponies other than pegasus to walk on clouds. Twilight, curious by nature, had asked Applejack why she wanted to go to Cloudsdale, Applejack preferred to avoid talking about the real subject, but as she was incapable of lying she said she wanted to accompany Rainbow Dash to Cloudsdale and that it was important, a roundabout way of explaining the situation without giving too much away. Twilight saw Applejack's dark face as she removed her hat, a rare occurrence and usually a sign that Applejack was serious about her actions.

After a short hour's flight, the two ponies arrived in Cloudsdale. Applejack had already been there once to accompany Rainbow Dash on a race, so she didn't know Cloudsdale at all, but let Rainbow Dash guide her.
The two ponies made their way to Cloudsdale Town Hall and entered the large, cloud-covered building. In front of them was a long counter with several pegasi to welcome visitors.
Rainbow Dash and Applejack approached the counter to greet a pegasus.

"Hello, how can I help you?" said the pegasus.

Rainbow Dash tried to find the words, yet something as trivial as a request at a reception desk wasn't hard, but this time she was as if slightly paralyzed by fear.

"Is it possible to consult Cloudsdale's birth certificate archives?" asked Applejack, placing a hoof on Rainbow Dash's back to calm her down.

"Excuse me, ladies, but the archives are not open to the public, only registrars can consult them" replied the pegasus.

"Even if it's for your own family?" asked Applejack.

"If it only concerns your family, it should be possible, but let me refer to my hierarchy first, please be patient" replied the pegasus.

The Pegasus took off and headed for the upper floors of the town hall. Rainbow Dash let out a sigh.

"Thanks Aj, I don't know what I had, a blockage" said Rainbow Dash.

"It's all right, sugarcube" replied Applejack, comforting her friend.

Few long minutes later Applejack and Rainbow Dash saw the pegasus return with a piece of paper under its wing.

"Well ladies, the consultation is possible in the case that it is about your family, thank you to fill the form CERFA number 13460-05 concerning as the name of the form indicates it the 'Request for consultation of an annex of a civil status document in accordance with article 8 paragraph 1 of the decree of civil status of Equestria' " says the pegasus.

All this information turned Rainbow Dash's head, slightly annoyed that it was so complicated. Applejack kept her cool even though she was no better at this than Rainbow Dash - Twilight would have been in her element.
Applejack took the paper and walked away with Rainbow Dash.

"Well, let's fill out the paper and then we're good to go, everything's going to be fine and I'll be right by your side Dashie" said Applejack.

"Thanks Aj" replied Rainbow Dash, giving Applejack a quick peck on the cheek.

Applejack was surprised it was the first time Rainbow Dash had taken the initiative in their relationship and as she turned to Rainbow Dash she saw her blush and look away.
Applejack knew that Rainbow Dash was counting on her and she was determined to go all the way for her friend, her marefriend.

Author's Note:

Applejack to the rescue :ajsmug: