• Published 16th Oct 2023
  • 252 Views, 11 Comments

The Angel of Chaos - iconicgg



Twilight get a vision just before the gala. She goes to the gardens to think about it when she meets someone who had a vison of there own.

  • ...
5
 11
 252

The Dragon

Twilight stood firm at the steps of the pyramid. She had a long sword on her side with wing blades equipped. She wore strange armor that seemed to wrap around her body. Beside her was a stallion with gold fur. His two forelegs were a talon and a lion's paw.

She looked to her left side and saw two long, serpent-like creatures. The closest one was a male. He had a dragon tail, a goat's leg, dragon leg, his arms an eagle claw, and a lion’s paw. On his back were two elegant blue wings that glowed in the sunlight.

The female looked similar to the male apart from the mane, which was pink, white, and dark blue. The Female had a massive shield and a long spear. She wore a beautiful armor set that glowed similarly to the male’s wings.

The male turned to her. “Well, here we are Twily.”

“Discord, If I don’t make it plea-” she was cut off with a kiss.

“None of that now. we’ll make it.” he gave her a reassuring smile

A white dragon with feathered wings sprouting from his back came beside them. “Brother, steel yourself. Lucifer won’t go easy on us.”

Twilight looked and took in the dragon. He had gold armor with a cross engraved into it. He had a flaming sword that burned with the passion of a million supernovas. In the other arm was a shield made of the cosmos itself.

She looked behind her and saw an army of every species in Equs. Four of her friends were at the front. Three ponies and one griffoness. Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Freya. She looked back at the white dragon who yelled out

“Children of Our Father's Fruit, we will fight the darkness and drive deep to the fiery pits of Hell. We will save the dimensions and Do Father’s will”

Everyone shouted in agreement, as they were all ready for battle. Discord held his paw up and a second later, a battle axe flew into it. The golden stallion had a staff held at the ready. The Female had her shield and spear at her side.

Twilight looked up at the pyramid. A black dragon stared down with a smirk. Beside him were all sorts of creatures, all with demonic wings of different dark colors. The white dragon created a trumpet out of nothing and blew into it. Everyone shouted a cry as the war of Equs began.


Twilight woke up extremely confused and a little concerned. She rolled out of bed and grabbed a piece of paper and a quill. She trotted downstairs and wrote down every detail she could recall. As she moved downwards, she then smelled a heavenly scent coming from the kitchen. She trotted into the room and sat down at the dinner table.

Unbeknownst to Twilight, Spike had a plate of French toast and syrup. He placed it down next to her and hugged her. She finished a paragraph and gave Spike a quick hug. Twilight then went back to her writing. Spike let out a sigh and walked over to the other side of the table. He sat down and ate his toast, looking over at her.

After a while, Spike picked up his plate, walked over to the sink, and placed it in. He was running the water. Spike looked back at Twilight, hoping she would eat her food. He finished washing his plate. Spike trotted over to her and grabbed her paper. Twilight looked at him, anger evened in her eyes.

“Spike! I’m doing something really important. Could you please give it back?” She stated

He looked at her fearfully, then responded, “It’s just that I made you breakfast, and I wanted you to eat it before it gets cold.”

Twilight felt a sting strike at her heart as Spike looked at her. She pulled him into a hug and let out a sigh. “I’m sorry Spike, I shouldn’t have gotten angry like that.”

“It’s okay Mom, I know how important your studying is.”

“No Spike, I- I shouldn’t get too wrapped up in things without making time for them.”

Twilight released the hug and turned to the plate, putting it in front of her. Spike smiled as she consumed the delicious meal. He looked down at the paper with a smile and read it. Spike raised a brow before letting out a small chuckle. Twilight looked over at him and then blushed as she realized what he was laughing at.

“Give that back.”

Spike snickered, “Sure, but why are you writing this”

“It feels too real to be a regular dream. I need to ask Princess Luna about this.”

Spike perked up -“Oh right, Um.”- Spike approached the counter and grabbed a scroll.- “We have a lot of things to do before the gala.”

“Right, what's the first thing on the list.” Twilight said, finishing the last sentence of the dream.

Spike looked it over and inwardly sighed. “We have to get our outfits from Rarity. Then I have a two-hour study session followed by a test of everything I learned this month.”

Twilight looked at him, and then at a calendar next to the sink. “The gala is today! How did I forget? Come on, Spike, we have to get to Rarity’s.”

Twilight grabbed the saddlebags Spike packed for her and gestured for him to get on her back. Spike grabbed a history book and ran over to her. He got on her back and looked over the parchment with a task for the day. Twilight smiled at him, and the two trotted out of their home.


Ponies gave them a wide berth as Twilight and Spike moved through the streets. Twilight looked around sadly. She looked back and noticed that Spike was reading the History book. She sighed as she heard whispering coming from the surrounding ponies. Spike heard the ponies whispering about a dragon, about him.

“What is that thing doing with that book?” a Mare whispered to her friend

“That thing is going to hurt that mare one of these days.” a stallion told his wife

Spike did his best not to ignore them, but despite that, he knew he couldn’t, not really. Burning hot tears welled in his eyes and his face contorted in anger until a familiar voice came from behind them “Hay Twilight.”

Spike wiped his tears away and looked at an orange earth pony mare. She had a brown stetson and a bright smile on her face. “Good morning Applejack, where are you heading.”

“Rare’s, She should have our gala dresses ready.”

“Hopefully, my suit looks just as good as yours does.” Spike says flipping to another.

Applejack turned to Spike and smiled “ I bet it will be Spike. Hopefully, you're not too tired after yesterday.”

“No, I’m good just studying although if you still need help on the farm I’m your dragon.” Spike said, giving her a kind smile.

Applejack chuckled while Twilight looked at Spike, Happy that he had at least one friend. Applejack examined the text Spike was reading then whistled. “Spike, that's some advanced stuff. I didn't learn about the pegasus revolution till I was about seventeen or so.”

Twilight looked at Applejack like she grew a second head but then brought a hoof to her head as she realized that the level both Spike and her were learning at “I homeschool him AJ, I teach him a subject by month.”

“Yeah, mo- Twilight is really good at making a learning plan.” Spike said, doing his best to play off his slip as nothing special. Applejack wouldn't understand.

Applejack raised his brow but then continued, “Alrighty then besides ancient Equestria, what else have you learned recently?”

“Well, I learned about geography and what animals live in certain environments.”

“Nice, but what does that have to do with history?” Applejack directed the question at Twilight.

“Where animals live can help identify what time period, it is and even the location with the surrounding environment.”

Applejack and Spike looked at each other, then Spike nodded and went back to his book. Applejack just shrugged and trotted to Twilight's pace. The three moved quickly down the road as the ponies around seemed to have been getting more nervous as they lingered.


The three trotted up to the door of the Carousel Boutique. Twilight knocked on the door and after a few moments, Rarity opened the door. She greeted Applejack and Twilight with a warm smile. Spike waved at Rarity, who ignored him and waved for the two mares to come in. Spike got off Twilight's back and tried to walk in behind them when Rarity closed the door on him.

Twilight glared at Rarity and was about to say something when Applejack held a hoof up. “Hay rares, you closed the door on Spike.”

Rarity raised a brow “Did I? I must have not seen him.”

Applejack glared at her. “You're really going to lie to me.”

Rarity had a nervous expression, but then sighed and opened the door. Spike had an annoyed expression but walked into the boutique, anyway. He moved over to Twilight and she pulled him into a side hug. Applejack gave Spike a smile then turned to Rarity “You going to show us the outfits or?”

“Right, Spike, here you go.” Rarity levitated a black suit to him.

Spike smiled at the suit and then up at Rarity. “Thanks Rarity, this suit is great.”

Rarity raised her head. “Why to thank you Spines.”

“Spike!” Twilight and Applejack coughed out in unison.

“Right come girls, let us show you your looks.” the three followed her to a section off part of the shop.

Spike saw many mannequins with dresses and suits alike. Spike looked at the suits and saw unique designs on them. One was pink and blue with a yellow bow tie. Spike smiled. He could picture a certain pink mare wearing it if she were a colt. Looking around, he began to notice how dull his suit was by comparison.

Applejack noticed Spike's expression falling as he looked at the suits around the room. She trotted to him and patted him on the shoulder. “What's wrong, sugar cube?”

Spike looked up and gave a false smile. “Nothing AJ, I'm just admiring Rarity's work. She put a lot of work into them.”

She looked at the suits around the room and then down at Spike's suit. It was a standard black with a red tie with nothing else of note. Applejack frowned at this. She was no fashion expert, but she knew that compared to every other suit, this wasn't her best. She cleared her throat and smiled at Spike. “Well, sugar cube, granny is pretty mean with a thread and needle. She can add what you want to it.”

Spike's eyes widened. “Really, you guys don't have to.”

“I insisted, you helped out on the farm. Now let me help you.”

Spike smiled “Thank you AJ”

Applejack took the suit “Ain’t nothing Spike, just trying to help.” As the dragon and the farmer spoke, Twilight and Rarity went behind a curtain.

Rarity let her see her own dress. It was a blue dress with stars carefully stitched and dressed up to give depth to the piece. Twilight eyes sparkled as she gazed at the dress. This was far better than the last dress she had requested. She let out a shutter at the memory but quickly disregarded it. Twilight carefully took it off the mannequin.

Rarity placed a privacy screen in front of her. Twilight looked at the screen for a moment before shrugging and putting the dress on. Twilight removed the screen to show Rarity how it looks. Rarity clapped a hooves and praised her on her appearance. Twilight blushed and thanked her for the dress.

Twilight took off the dress and placed it in a bag to protect the article of clothing. Rarity did the same to Applejack’s, and the two were off back to the main room. Entering the room was met with Spike's laughter as Applejack told him a tale about her family. Twilight smiled while Rarity rolled her eyes.

“Applejack are you going to try on your dress or take it home for the gala.”

Applejack looked over to her “Home. I got a lot of products to make for my stand.”

“Alright then.” She hooved over the dress. Applejack unzips the bag to look at the dress. Spike was going to peek at the dress only for a blue aura to push him away.

Twilight glared at Rarity then let out a sigh.-“Let's go Spike.”-Spike looked over to Rarity and a jolt of anger came over him. He gritted his teeth and followed Twilight out of the shop. As they left Spike grabbed his history book and read it trying his best to forget what happened there.


Twilight finished editing her account of the dream. She was surprised when she discovered that the dream was still fresh in her mind. Finished her editing then. She looked over to the cloak and noticed that Spike had ten minutes till He had to turn in his test. Twilight stood up and looked over the answer sheet. She looked over to the kitchen where Spike was taking his quiz.

Twilight was considering telling Spike how much time he had but thought better of it. She hated when Shining interrupted her when she was studying. Twilight stood up and trotted over to a bookshelf. She went over to the S section and pulled out a book titled ‘Special Creatures and Monsters’

She moved back to her desk and saw Spike holding his test, a pleased expression on his face. “I'm done, mom!”

Twilight smiled at him. She kissed him on the forehead and began to grade the test. Spike noticed the book and grabbed the paper. Twilight's ear flicked in his direction but continued her task. Spike read the paper and focused on this Discord character, unlike everyone else in the dream, Discord seemed to be out of place. Well, he and the other creatures like him.

Spike opened the book and tried to find a creature who fit the description. He found a few close calls but none really fit till he came across one entry that was only one page. He read the page a few times before reading it out loud. “ a Draconequus is an amalgamation type of creature. They have powerful magic only rivaled by alicorns. Unfortunately, this species went extinct over a thousand and forty years ago.”

Twilight looked at him, surprised. “What? But how is that possible?”

“That's what it says, Mom.” he handed her the book.

She read the entry over, checking and double-checking the information provided. Twilight let out a sigh and closed the book. “I guess it doesn't matter. It was just a dream. I just need to ask Luna about it.”

Spike read her account once more then thought about it “Wait, how is a Draconequus in your dream If you've never seen one before?”

Twilight was about to answer but then thought about it. She didn't think about that. Twilight could explain the others away. She knows of both dragons and griffons but Draconequus. Twilight just now learned of them, so how could they be in her dream? Twilight heard Spike chuckle, and she looked at him. She smiled, She could get answers from Luna later, right now she and Spike now some free time.


Sometime later, Spike and Twilight sat on a sofa in the study. After Spike’s passed his test, Spike wanted to read with Twilight before the gala. He picked out an action mystery book called ‘Biohazard’ but after the book mentioned certain experiments on family, Twilight immediately replaced the book with ‘Daring do and The Lost Ark.’ much to Spike’s annoyance.

They were near the end of the book when a knock came from downstairs. Spike stood up and stretched. “I'll get it.”

Spike ran down the stairs and moved towards the door. Spike opened the door and his jaw dropped. Standing there was Applejack. She wore her stunning gala dress. The green of her dress made her eyes stand out like an emerald in a sea of quartz. The dark browns of the saddle highlighted the green of the fabric and the orange of her fur.

Applejack cleared her throat and Spike napped out of his self-imposed trance. “Oh um come in AJ”

She trotted in and hooved over his suit. He thanked her and walked into the kitchen. Just then Twilight trotted downstairs, dressed already on “Spike who was at the- Oh hay Applejack, what brings you here?”

“Just bringing Spike his suit.”

Twilight raised a brow “I thought he already had his suit?”

“I wanted granny to add a few things, to say thanks for lending a hand.”

Twilight smiled “Thank you, Applejack, Spike doesn't have any friends and I'm glad you try to be his first.”

Spike finished putting on his suit and growled slightly. Did Twilight really have to tell Applejack about that? He inhaled and put on a fake smile. He walked out and showed off his suit. The suit was still ebony black, but it had Twilight's cutie mark on the left side of the coat, along with a scroll with green flames behind it on the right side.

Twilight pulled Spike into a hug. “Spike, you look so cute.”

Spike blushed while Applejack chuckled into her hoof “Um M- Twilight, I think the word you're looking for is handsome, Right.”

Twilight laughed and shook her head. “Yes, extremely handsome.”

Applejack chuckled. “Well, we best be heading out if we're going to get to Canterlot in time.”

Twilight nodded and proceeded to the door. Spike ran upstairs and then came down with a backpack. Applejack raised a brow and gestured toward the bag. “Twilight tends to forget things when she is too excited. So I got to remember things when she doesn’t.”

Applejack looked at him and then shrugged. “If you say so. Come on, can't help Twi if you ain't with her.”

“Right” Spike nodded, and the two moved out into the town.


Twilight saw Spike and Applejack walk out of the library. Beside her Rarity gasped as she saw Spike’s modified suit. Twilight looked over and saw her with a disgusted look on Rarity's face. Twilight glared at her but before she could say anything, a Rainbow mane pegasus flew down.

“Sup guys what's who were waiting on?” the pegasus asked with a smile

“Rainbow dash, don’t fly in your dress! The sweat will ruin it!” Rarity orders in a screechy voice.

Rainbow rolled her eyes and lost her smile. “Sure Rares, it's not like it takes more than that to get me to sweat.”

Spike saw Rainbow and moved over to her. “Hay Rainbow, you look awesome!”

Rainbow gains a cocky expression. “I know, Spines, no need to tell me.”

Spike’s face deflated. A pang of anger shot through him. “It’s Spike but Spines, sure.”

Rainbow ignored Spike's tone and turned to Applejack. “So where are Pinkie and Flutters?”

Applejack raised a brow. “How am I supposed to know that.”

Rainbow shrugged right when A pink pony jumped out of Applejack’s hat. She wore a blue and white dress with candy designs on it. She jumped off her head, AJ’s hat landing perfectly back on her head. Pinkie jumped all around them, excited for the night ahead of them while Rarity stressed out about the dress.


Finally, when Fluttershy arrived, Twilight asked Applejack and Fluttershy for a few things. Applejack handed her an apple and Fluttershy gave her a set of mice. After thanking them, Twilight cast a spell on each object, making them a carriage and horses, respectively. Spike sat down in the mares hopped into the carriage while Spike hitched the horses. He sat down in the front seat and set off to Canterlot, hearing idle chatter coming from the carriage Spike couldn’t help but feel left out.


The sun went down as the carriage approached the front gate. The girls left the carriage leaving Spike alone to park the carriage. As he moved he heard more whispers about him. He looked over to the noise and saw too noble mares whispering to one another about him. He opened his ears and lesson.

“That oversized lizard is back, I thought the princess finally got rid of him.” The mare stated dismissively.

“we’ve if we keep our things close by, you how much those monsters love shiny things.”

Spike's eyes filled with tears, then burning-hot anger. He hopped down from the carriage and tied the mice horses to a tree. He walked over to the two mare and did his best to look friendly. The two mares scowled at him. “A beast like you shouldn’t even breathe the same air as us!”

Spike glared at her any pretenses of friendliness gone. One mare had a light pink coat with a white dress. Spike was about to walk to the gate when the mare got in front of him. “Where do you think you’re going, you little monster?”

Smoke wafted from His nostril. “I was going inside ma’am”

“It's invite-only, and why would anypony invite a savage.”

Spike pulled out his gala ticket and shoved it in her face. “Oh look at that somepony invited me, so if you don’t mind.”

The mare took his ticket and ripped it to shreds. Spike looked at the pieces of his ticket that were scattered on the ground. “A disgusting creature like you is not welcome here.”

“Shut up! Today was going to-”

“Pipe down!” a familiar voice order.

Spike looked behind the mare and saw a white stallion wearing purple armor. He glared down at Spike and then turned to the mare. “Has he been bothering you, ma’am?”

“Yes, he has, sir.”

“You ripped up my ticket!” Spike shouted

The stallion got in front of the mare getting in a protective stance. “You don’t want to make things harder on yourself, do you? So pipe down.”

Spike’s face contorted into a rage, and smoke bellowed from his mouth and nostrils. The mare faked a fearful screech. Two other guards arrived with the other mare who was unbeknownst to Spike, and left to grab them. The guard approached him, spears ready when the stallion raised a hoof.

“No need for that. I’ll throw this delinquent in the dungeon.”

Spike’s face fell to shock, He looked at the stallion with dread. “Please, not again. Shining armor, I didn’t do anything!”

The stallion didn’t react to his plea, he just let his horn, grab Spike by the legs and drag him to the castle. Spike's head banged on the ground and blood fell from his nose. He begged Shining Armor for to let him go, all the while the mares were chuckling to themselves.

“Quite, can’t believe you. Not even a few minutes back in Canterlot and already causing trouble.” Shining Armor stated angrily.

“I didn’t do anything!”

“Like you didn’t burn down the house.”

“I was five, and it was an accident. I’m sorry”

“Sorry doesn’t bring Mom and Dad back, does it!” Shining Armor spat, glaring at him. Anger and guilt ran through Spike’s very being as his suit tore and gathered dirt. Shining Armor opened a side entrance and dragged a now crying dragon through it.


Twilight and company walked into the ballroom, where noble ponies trotted around the room. As the rest of the mares took in the surrounding environment, Twilight had an expression of worry. Spike should have been here by now so what happened to him? Applejack saw Twilight nervously looking behind them. Applejack trotted to her side and draped a hoof over her.

“What’s wrong Twi?”

“Spike should have joined us by now. I’m starting to worry.”

Applejack looked down the hall. When she didn’t see him, she turned to Twilight and smiled at her. “I'm sure he’ll catch up. He's gotta just be running late.”

Twilight worriedly nodded, not really believing it but then moved up to Princess Celestia, who was greeting the guest. The girls bowed to the Princess and made their greetings before leaving to do their tasks for the night. Twilight, however, stated, looking back at the entrance. Celestia noticed this and levitated Twilight to her side.

“What's wrong Twilight?”

Twilight looked over to Celestia. “Spike should have walked in by now.”

Celestia gave her a comforting smile. “Don’t worry Twilight, I’ll have my guards find him.”

“No! Uh”- Twilight blushed over her outburst- “I mean, Princess the guards aren’t very nice to him.”

“I’m sure the guards will treat him with the love and respect they are sworn to give all of my subjects.”

But princess-”

“Twilight, please, I know you have your misgivings but this is what my guards are for. Let them do their job.” Celestia stated kindly yet firmly.

As Celestia called the guards. Twilight looked over to the line of angry nobles waiting for her to leave. The guards trotted away beginning their search leaving Twilight and Celestia alone. “Twilight, I will come and get you when they find Spike.”

Despite the situation, Twilight smiled at Celestia. “thank you princess.”

Princess Celestia smiled back, but then it dropped when a pink noble mare cleared her throat. An annoyed expression was painted over, then quickly covered it with a joyful mask. -“Twilight why don’t enjoy the rest of your night here? I would to chat but”- The princess gestured to line. Twilight nodded then trotted away

Before she got far enough away, She overheard the pink mare say something about who invited the rif rafted. Twilight ignored the comment and looked around the ballroom. She spotted Rarity talking to Blueblood and was about to join them when she heard a commotion coming from the other end of the hall.


Twilight arrived at the scene and saw Pinkie Pie dancing around in a very undignified manner. Twilight couldn’t help but smile at how much fun her friend was having. However, her face fell as she overheard two stallions gossiping. “I wasn’t aware Princess Celestia had a court Jesture.”

“I thought she was the new lost cause.”

The other stallion sneered at the idea. “Uh, isn’t that brat of a ‘prince’ good enough?”

Twilight trotted up to the stallions with an annoyed expression. “You really shouldn’t speak bad about other ponies.”

One stallion rolled his eyes while the other nodded and gave her a look that she didn’t recognize. The stallion trotted up to her and placed his hoof under her chin. He tilted her head up so that the two could lock eyes. “Forgive my friend and me. A sexy, hot mare like you should not hear such chatter.”

Twilight was not amused by this stallion’s attempt at flirting. -“I’m just going to get my friend.”- Twilight pointed at Pinkie and walked towards her. Leaving two rather annoyed stallions behind her.

Pinkie finished a quick spinning move and wheezed. She had a crazed look as she eyed every pony in the room. Her face fell and contorted into anger as she saw the annoyed looks that she was getting. She was about to shout out about how boring they were, but Twilight stopped her and gestured at an empty table in the corner of the room.

The two sat down at the table. After Pinkie caught her breath she turned to Twilight. “These ponies are party poopers. I thought Canterlot would have a crazy super duper cool fun party but it’s all just wine and politics.”

Pinkie Pie pouted, causing Twilight to smile at her sadly. “Most parties with the nobles tend to end up like this. I’m sorry this isn’t what you thought it would be pinkie.”

“It's okay Twilight, We can throw a super duper party later.”

Twilight smiled. “That sounds great hope it's not too late Spike has-” Twilight’s face fell as her thoughts drifted back to her adopted child.

Pinkie noticed this and subtly moved her tail to her side. She moved it back against Twilight’s fur, tickling her. Twilight shivered and bit back her laughter. Twilight looked at Pinkie, who winked at her. Pinkie’s tail didn’t relent on its assault, making Twilight double her mental defenses. Eventually Twilight couldn’t hold out and she busted out laughing.

The surrounding ponies looked at her strangely, as if she had grown a second head. Pinkie joined in on the merriment, the two enjoying themselves till they were gasping for air. She recovered first and offered Twilight a hoof. She grabbed the offered hoof and stood up, smiling at Pinkie.

Pinkie saw the smile had not reached her eyes. Pinkie sat Twilight down and gave her a comforting smile. “What's wrong Twilight?”

“It’s Spike. He hasn’t come into the hall and I am worried about him.”

Pinkie pulled her into a hug. “It's okay Twilight, I’m sure he's okay, Hay maybe he found a few gems to snack on.”

“I don't know, pinkie, he's not the type to wonder like this, especially over something like this.”

Pinkie thought for a moment then got an idea. “How about you go to the crazy maze in the back? I heard it would be fun.”

“Pinkie!” Twilight stated, exasperated.

“Please Twilight, I know you're worried about Spike, but the guards are looking for him. Today is meant to be the best day ever, so have fun!” Pinkie pulled Twilight's face to hers, emphasize the point

Twilight sighed and nodded. She stood up and headed towards the maze in the castle gardens. Pinkie smiled at Twilight right when a white stallion with a long golden mane approached her. Rarity in lockstep behind him.


Twilight entered the garden, passing Fluttershy who was playing with a squirrel. Twilight reached the maze and took in the surrounding atmosphere. The stars In the sky lit up the sky like fireflies reflecting off the ocean surface. The well-trimmed leaf walls made a calming, soothing background. She sat down on a well-ornate bench. The faint chirps of the crickets calmed Twilight's nerves considerably.

Twilight looked at the decor around her seeing a few mildly interesting statues but when her eye met one in particular, she froze, her gaze was transfixed on the statue that seemed to be an amalgam of different creatures. Her dream from the morning rushed back to her mind. The pyramid, the army, the black and white dragons, and finally the long brown serpent-like creature.

She approached the statue carefully. Unbeknownst to Twilight, her horn lit up. A soft glow shone around her. Twilight arrived at the base and looked up at it. “What are you?”

The glow intensifies while the statue slowly, quietly fractures. In the castle, in a well-secured room, six gemstones glowed so brightly that if anyone were in the room, the sight would blind them. Twilight felt a pressure from the base of her skull, but she couldn’t place it at this moment. The cracks became more prevalent, catching Twilight's attention.

Twilight looked on in horror as the cracks moved further up the art piece. Twilight then noticed the gold light coming from the cracks and she started to do a breathing exercise to calm down. The pressure on her horn was increasing, and she desperately tried to cut it off.

Back in the castle, the gems' light glowed even brighter, setting a blaze on every item. The gems then violently exploded, sending shards all over the room. The shards, still glowing, started fading as if they were being removed from reality itself. A silent alarm was triggered, sending a magical frequency back to the one who cast the security.

The statue shattered into pieces revealing the creature hidden beneath. Twilight stood still as she heard a scream come from the being. It fell to the ground and Twilight quickly ran to his side. She looked him over with worry, trying to see if he was hurt in any way.


Discord opened his eyes and saw a sight he hadn’t seen in a long time. A pony, specifically a unicorn looking over him. He smiled as a devious idea formed in his head. “Forgive me, my dear, but shouldn’t this happen on our wedding night.”

Twilight's face flushed red, and she backed up looking at him slightly annoyed. “I thought you were hurt.”

Discord looked at his hands then his legs. “Well still have my parts. Discord thank you for asking.”

Twilight eyes widened as she realized who she was speaking to, and then she blushed. Discord smirked. “I take it your name is Twilight, right?”

Twilight looked at him shocked. “What, how did you-”

“Well, you recognized me, and given we’ve never met before, I take it dear old dad send you a vision of me. Don’t worry, he sent me the same of you.”

Twilight's jaw dropped as she heard this. He saw her. What did he see, does he know about them? Twilight was lost in her head. Discord looked around. He was in a garden with a castle off in the distance. Speaking of a castle, it seemed as her royal hinny was galloping like a mad mare to them.

“Say my dear this place seems quite boring why don’t we get a change in scenery?”

Twilight looked confused but then nodded but then she heard Princess Celestia screaming her name. Twilight looked behind her and saw Celestia with a panicked expression, rush to her. -“Discord wa-”- Twilight heard a snap behind her and suddenly the two were in the woods.

Twilight looked at her surroundings, shocked. She lit up her horn and scanned the mana field, no lingering magic around her. She looked back at him, dumbstruck. “How did you?”

“Simple, pulled where we are to where we’re heading. But that’s not important. Now my turn, what about your vision, my dear?”